• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 02/15/2008

skip said:
today's schedule, times are specifically pacific:

GFW Radio -- Paul Wedgwood & Warren Spector, taping at 2PM

1UP Yours - Amy Hennig & Lorne Lanning, taping at 4PM

both shows will be up later tonight, probably simultaneously.

sounds like its gonna be a good night. I'll probably rock some Burnout Paradise and just listen to both back to back.

fallout

skip said:

Sweet. So if Shawn passes out from exhaustion, it'll be during 1Up Yours!

Wray77

Banned
I'd just like to say I was glad to hear Shawn questioning the giddy school-boys drooling jealously over N'gai and his time with Resistance2. I think it shows a little more professionalism and maturity. I don't question his reviews good or bad, but when I read certain individual's reviews I always have to read it for their particular slant.

Barrett2

BigBlackGamer said:
sounds like its gonna be a good night. I'll probably rock some Burnout Paradise and just listen to both back to back.

But if you listen to 1UP Yours while playing Burnout you won't be able to hear DJ Atomica's witty schtick and helpful suggestions. :D

Tendo

I'm about to leave for a four hour genetics exams. These will be nice to listen to when I come back and my mind is mush and barely able to function. Really looking forward to the podcasts this week, these pairings were a great idea.

alu

BigBlackGamer said:

Yea this'll be great. I always listen to podcasts while WoWing. I just hope that the GFW one goes live in a couple of hours, me being in Euroland and all. That first one with Wedgwood and Spector is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I've listened to about half the podcast so far and I really like what Shawn brings to the table. I just hope he doesn't get burned out doing two podcasts. He's a funny guy who puts a lot of thought in what he says and I wouldn't want that to deteriorate.

skip

update -- I've been recording podcasts since 12:30, we just finished the shows -- starting the post-production process now.

Akia

skip said:
update -- I've been recording podcasts since 12:30, we just finished the shows -- starting the post-production process now.

hopefully you have more than one person helping you getting them up.

Shins

Banned
2z7r0xh.jpg

go skip go

Nizz

skip said:

Thanks for the heads up, Skip. Damn, is Shawn doing both shows back to back? I imagine both of ya will be pretty beat by the time the weekend rolls around. Much appreciation from me, no doubt...

skip

TheGreatDave said:
Do you have approx. lengths?

spector/wedgwood = ~ 1.5hr

hennig/lanning/hennig (you'll see) = ~1.25hr

post = editing starts & stops, doing some passes with some filters and shit, ID3ing it up, etc.

skip

voltron said:
Fuck yeah, cant wait. Especially for Lorne Lanning... that is one smart mother-fucka.

all four of our guests today brought their A game. it's some meaty goodness, let me tell you.

WrikaWrek

Banned
skip said:

Just update them raw style.

Release a RAW edition UNRATED, and then release the "Official" one. Milk that crap, double the clicks double the money

voltron

skip said:
all four of our guests today brought their A game. it's some meaty goodness, let me tell you.

Awesome man. Speaking of A game you guys at 1up are bringing your AAA game this week. I feel bad for your competition.
not really

man i can't wait for the onslaught of podcasts this week. Its going to take a while to catch up (2 a day!) but i plan on listening to them all.

Great work skip, & 1up podcast crews

FartOfWar

Banned
InterMoniker said:
STFU I'm glad he responded to me.

Well what is good A.I. to you? It's called Artificial Intelligence for a reason. .

In an FPS, fun and engaging tactics and behaviors that often surprise and catch you off guard. FEAR often nailed it.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this podcast overload this week (and the regular ones every week!). I know you guys put a lot of hard work (and have a good time) doing these, and don't even charge for them. Top notch programming, you put anything anyone's ever attempted (gaming related shows, that is) on broadcast TV to shame, weekly. Thanks again.

distrbnce

Banned
Can someone help me out and tell me which recent 1up Yours it was that they had a huge chunk about Uncharted, with lots of spoilers.

I skipped it, and it actually prompted me to (finally) pick up the game and play through it.

So now I want to hear the discussion on it, and I've been clicking through a few episodes trying to find it, but I just can't.

Pretty sure it was in the second half somewhere, and it wasn't the last 2 episodes.

Thanks guys!

Andvary

scoobs said:
I want to say one more thing and I hope Shawn reads this, go actually play through resistance and spend some time with the multiplayer. Then, if you really think the game is still incredibly mediocre, you can say things like "this game is mediocre." Until you actually play through a game how can you make such outrageous claims?

I agree with this, I have absolutly no problem with him not liking the game, but he shouldn't call the game mediocre if he only played a little part of the game.

Andvary said:
I agree with this, I have absolutly no problem with him not liking the game, but he shouldn't call the game mediocre if he only played a little part of the game.
I played Prey for ~20 minutes and came to the conclusion that it was a stinking pile.

I bet you've done the same with another game.

First impressions count for something.

Top Bottom