• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 02/15/2008

N'Gai "She Hulk" Croal joins the new Fantastic Four for a lengthy discussion of Army of Two, No More Heroes, celebrity developers, the January NPDs, and Resistance 2. Settle in, it's a long one this week.

Thanks to a busy-as-heck week and morning errands, I'm running a little behind on post-production of the show, but the wait will be worth it, as it's the debut of the new lineup, plus our Friend of the Show (thinking about making that an official group) N'Gai Croal.

When all was said and said and said and said and said and done, we clocked in last night at about 2.5 hours. Some brief highlights of a not-so-brief show:

* Garnett finishes Yakuza and revisits the "new" Army of Two

* Shawn gets his hands on No More Heroes...and isn't all that impressed

* Shane talks up some FF7 Crisis Core

* Bryan goes shooter happy (and Garnett trolls him)

* N'Gai calls us out on not liking The Club

* We talk about next week's GDC happenings, and how developers deal with celebrity status, solicited or otherwise

* And the January NPDs

Oh yeah, one other thing...N'Gai has played Resistance 2.

File Size: 70.8 MB
Download: http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/021508.mp3

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Thanks to a busy-as-heck week and morning errands, I'm running a little behind on post-production of the show, but the wait will be worth it, as it's the debut of the new lineup, plus our Friend of the Show (thinking about making that an official group) N'Gai Croal.

When all was said and said and said and said and said and done, we clocked in last night at about 2.5 hours. Some brief highlights of a not-so-brief show:

* Garnett finishes Yakuza and revisits the "new" Army of Two

* Shawn gets his hands on No More Heroes...and isn't all that impressed

* Shane talks up some FF7 Crisis Core

* Bryan goes shooter happy (and Garnett trolls him)

* N'Gai calls us out on not liking The Club

* We talk about next week's GDC happenings, and how developers deal with celebrity status, solicited or otherwise

* And the January NPDs

Oh yeah, one other thing...N'Gai has played Resistance 2.

I'm so all for this new earlier release schedule.

You hear me, Skip? I know next week is going to be hell for you guys, but after that, keep it up, because it's awesome.

I AM JOHN! said:
I'm so all for this new earlier release schedule.

You hear me, Skip? I know next week is going to be hell for you guys, but after that, keep it up, because it's awesome.

I agree! Keep up the great work Skip!

madmook

FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK

I was at 19% downloaded, and you punks tell me its 70.8 megs, so I cancelled the download, restart it, AND IT STILL SHOWS 70.7!!!!!!! FUUasldkfixosa'

NOt exactly on a T1 here fuuuuuuuuuuuuuc

madmook said:
FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK

I was at 19% downloaded, and you punks tell me its 70.8 megs, so I cancelled the download, restart it, AND IT STILL SHOWS 70.7!!!!!!! FUUasldkfixosa'

NOt exactly on a T1 here fuuuuuuuuuuuuuc

It says 70.79 for me, guess it depends on your downloader. :eek:

Ashhong

somebody tell me when resistance 2 starts dammit. i want to skip to that really quick

edit: got it, 58:35, ill post impressions!

-shawn doesnt like resistance 1. really really doesnt like it.
-told ngai same thing they told game informer
-multiplayer mostly looked like R1 for now. still on R1 tech?
-maps for coop are big
-"feels like the makings of something good" (...most useless comment ever? =/)
-off the record, ngai was told about something they are thinking of for multipler dealing with communicating with other players and "if they do more stuff along those lines, they have a shot at doing something very engaging". (??????)
-killzone 2 looks polished, resistance didnt
-played in a wintery environment with chimera architecture
-medic gun heals and damages with same shot. alt fire heals self

thats it. overall, disappointing R2 info =/ kittonwy gets ANOTHER shoutout. you bastard :lol :lol

skip

Ashhong said:
somebody tell me when resistance 2 starts dammit. i want to skip to that really quick

I would guess maybe around the ~40-45 minute range? it's right after we get scolded about ignoring the club.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"This is a motherfucking gail force tsunami in this bitch!"

:lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ashhong said:

edit: got it, 58:35, ill post impressions!

-shawn doesnt like resistance 1. really really doesnt like it.

Wasnt it because of the controller? I thought thats what he said last time, controller just killed the experience for him, I could be wrong.

Ashhong

evlcookie said:
Wasnt it because of the controller? I thought thats what he said last time, controller just killed the experience for him, I could be wrong.

no he just really really doesnt like it. didnt even try MP because he hated SP so much

FartOfWar

Banned
evlcookie said:

Not "really, really doesn't like it" but very strongly believes that its status as a PS3 launch game contributes to the extent that so many gamers seem to think it's amazing rather than a bit better than mediocre.

mileS

8e1ihrl.gif

(stolen from GFW thread :p)

nightshift is saved tonight!

Ashhong

FartOfWar said:
Not "really, really doesn't like it" but very strongly believes that it's status as a PS3 launch game contributes to the extent that so many gamers seem to think it's amazing rather than a bit better than mediocre.

yea..that sounds about right. but definitely come off as very annoyed at the love it gets. someone can easily mistake that for hatred =P

I really respect N'Gai and I'm looking forward to the R2 talk, but...

I am correct in thinking that he's not really a hardcore FPS fan? He was also one of the first to give us impressions of Killzone 2, but I kind of wish I was hearing the opinion of someone who was more tuned into the genre.

If I'm incorrect about N'Gai's gaming preferences, I apologize.

Top Bottom