• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Yours (6/30/06) is up

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amir0x said:
anything interesting

i mean really

Sorry I can't manipulate time to listen to a 60 minute audio clip in less than 2 minutes

Probably not though cause 1up Yours is boring, I'm only posting this cause some people asked for it in the other thread

snatches

seriously the 1up show is the best gaming podcast on the net, at least of those that take themselves seriously. angry-gamer.net is the ****ing best oooooh yeahhhh

sony be praised!

Amir0x

Banned
oh i hope they don't spread more misunderstanding about Hirai's PS3 price comments since that's on the itinerary

*fast forward*

1UP Yours - Podcast - 06/30/2006
It's the end of a long and rather frustrating week here at 1UP, and now it's time for a little venting. The boys discuss what they've been playing, including Prey, Guitar Hero 2, Loco Roco, and of course, Psychonauts. Inspired by a post on our boards, the crew also tackles the rising cost of gaming, and if you think about history, it's not as bad as it's been (or could be). We also talk about more ridiculous Sony quotes, Luke versus public relations, and we finally announce the winner of our music contest.

Amir0x

Banned
i want that ****ing keychain that makes that mario death sound effect

also demi would love this podcast they diss PSYCHONAUTS

Amir0x

Banned
jett said:
That! :p When exactly do they start hatin' on psychonauts?

the one dude is like 'well the mechanics suck' and then they all laugh, and he starts bitching about how the tutorial is ridiculously long

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Garnett: Prey yay
Shane: rose colored glasses
Garnett: shut up
John: rose colored shortness
Garnett: shut up

Blazyr

Reilly said:
"person of color"

what the **** time-frame are in?

Yep, I already got called out on that. Sorry, I don't ever use adjectives for people so when I suddenly had to explain to Shane the deal I was like, oh, crap, how do I say that without being offensive?

And totally screwed it up.

Again, sorry.

(although, as I asked around here, why the hell is called the NAACP then if that's an offensive term?)

Y2Kev

Good discussion on DLC.

Is that serious that Graw cuts you off? That's bullshit.

Y2Kev

HOLY SHIT

That "winning music" is from Garageband and I have one just like that! :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Good show.

I like how no one knows what Garnett is talking about half the time. :lol

Reilly

Blazyr said:
(although, as I asked around here, why the hell is called the NAACP then if that's an offensive term?)

"Members of the organization have referred to it as The National Association, referencing the NAACP's preeminence among organizations active in the struggle for civil rights and equality since its origins in the first decade of the 20th century. Due to this fact, its members feel little need is to specify which "national association." Its name, retained in accord with tradition, is one of the last surviving uses of the term "colored people", now generally viewed as dated and derogatory. In the historical context of the NAACP, however, the term "colored" is generally not considered offensive."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAACP

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I like the 1up yours show. It is a good talk by people who know wtf they are talking about. People who know more than most of us posting on this forum for sure. Usually it is entertaining as well. Before it was aight, as just a news show but damn it used to be DRY. DRY as Arrid. Now the interaction makes it entertaining.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I like this podcast more than the 1up show now. The 1up show has lost its touch.

I'll see if this week's episode is any different after this podcast. I love 1up yours!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One thing that the 1UP show missed in regards to the GRAW pack is that appreantly 15 dollars is not an allotment that one can really do with the Marketplace.

Kittonwy

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
wow so people with GRAW DLC cant play with regular GRAW owners?

thats ****ing retarded UBI.

Ubi is using its iron-will to make EVERYONE buy the DLC, none of this "try it to buy it" weaksauce SOCOM tactic, this is hardcore, make the people who buy the DLC make the people who aren't buying the DLC, buy the DLC.

Kittonwy said:
Ubi is using its iron-will to make EVERYONE buy the DLC, none of this "try it to buy it" weaksauce SOCOM tactic, this is hardcore, make the people who buy the DLC make the people who aren't buying the DLC, buy the DLC.

Uh, yeah, would that this were true. There is an option to match packages in a custom game, but I can easily play a game with someone who doesn't have the new content and vice versa.

SOCOM does have one of the best approaches to online content, but you might want to do your research before you dust off your soapbox, Kittonwy.

Y2Kev

BenjaminBirdie said:
Uh, yeah, would that this were true. There is an option to match packages in a custom game, but I can easily play a game with someone who doesn't have the new content and vice versa.

Really? The 1upYours podcast says you can't.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Really? The 1upYours podcast says you can't.

They were wrong. It's happened before. I give them the benefit of the doubt as they play about a zillion other games including this one. People who are just trying to stir up shit? Not so much.

I did hear the podcast, BTW, and my first reaction was "You're right, but that's not true."

ETA:

:lol

I've got a Garageband song with that sample too!

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
seriously, i love these podcasts. they're perfect for burning to a cd and listening to on the commute to the job.

duk

Banned
Shard said:
One thing that the 1UP show missed in regards to the GRAW pack is that appreantly 15 dollars is not an allotment that one can really do with the Marketplace.

they crapped all over it last week

Mrbob

So the final version of 360 prey runs at 30fps constant?

That is good, because the demo does not.

Also, Luke, why don't you join the GAF Madden league if you think it is easy to score in a football game.

Kittonwy

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
They were wrong. It's happened before. I give them the benefit of the doubt as they play about a zillion other games including this one. People who are just trying to stir up shit? Not so much.

I did hear the podcast, BTW, and my first reaction was "You're right, but that's not true."

ETA:

:lol

I've got a Garageband song with that sample too!

So is that true or is that not true?

Mrbob

Stringer FTW. PS3 potential, 4D coming to life.

Another great podcast. My favorite one to listen too every week.

Mrbob

Nice job calling out MS on lack of first party releases.

On the EA issue, it depends on how the games turn out. So far EA next gen sports releases have been total shit, and if EA doesn't pick up the slack gamers are going to stick with current gen and not buy a 360 for EA sports games. It sounds like NCAA is better, but NCAA is not the true system seller. Madden is. And if word gets out that Madden 360 07 is horseshit like 06, then the system won't benefit too much from having the game early. Also if Madden 07 360 sucks like the abomination that is Madden 06 360, MS can be proud that their brand new next gen system will be hosting the two worst Madden games to have been released in the past 10 years.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Perfect podcast. Love listening to it. I love how they praise each company and rip each company repectfully.

Top Bottom