• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up's (temporarily) unnamed PC Podcast (10/23)

Grecco

Great Podcast

but Robert Ashley is wrong. Buffalo mozzarella IS from Buffalo milk and not some special cow. :)

Grecco said:
Great Podcast

but Robert Ashley is wrong. Buffalo mozzarella IS from Buffalo milk and not some special cow. :)

Technically, the buffalo milk used in traditional buffalo mozzarella comes from water buffalo. But water buffalo are closely related to cows, unlike bison (what we call buffalo in the US). That's what I meant.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Prime crotch said:
There was indeed a Robocop FPS, for the PS2 I believe. Don't know if it was any good but it couldn't be worse than the Beverly Hills Cop PS2 game.

Didnt they just do a Broken Pixels on that game :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Robert Ashley said:
Technically, the buffalo milk used in traditional buffalo mozzarella comes from water buffalo. But water buffalo are closely related to cows, unlike bison (what we call buffalo in the US). That's what I meant.

star wars nerdrage vs cheesemaking nerdrage...not sure which is worse

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I'm afraid to start listening to this. I've still got the shakes from the Brodeo falling apart. I feel like I'm getting back together with my ex-girlfriend who hurt me so good.

Akia said:
Very enjoyable podcast this week.

I don't agree with the haters. Ryan should keep hosting.
Yeah, I think he's more than fine. The Ryan/Anthony duo is doing a commendable job at emulating the awesome hosting efforts of Jeff/Shawn, and the steady rock of radness that is Robert provides the perfect anchor for this podcast while it picks up. People have to remember, CGW Radio started pretty damn unenthusiastically and often awkwardly; if the haters would consider this a whole new podcast rather than a continuation of that which we will never have again, I'm sure they'd be more amazed at how well this is starting instead of finding so many faults. I burst out laughing aplenty this episode, and this is pretty much guaranteed to only become better with time. Welps, don't hate, fucking appreciate.

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
The podcast amused me.

I will permit it to live in the world of the snakes.
Now I will talk to the Wolfman... and the Mummy...

:D

Seriously, great podcast. It's something new and fresh, yet retaining some of the excellent atmosphere that made the Brodeo the greatest.

Keep it going guys. Real cool.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
maxax said:
You're a dick.

Ryan shoud keep hosting, the podcast works pretty good as it is.

he sounds like he's going through the motions. he really gives the impression he doesn't want to do it.

latinal3o0

Neo Member
media

otake said:
he sounds like he's going through the motions. he really gives the impression he doesn't want to do it.

Nah, that's just Ryan's personality. He wants to be there.

We were talking at the taping about how these funny Internet plot lines stick to him. The white-girls-only thing, the Tiny Titans, etc. I think it's because he's a pretty reserved person, and since he's not going out of his way to let everyone know who he is, we're all just having a good time making that shit up.

I heard he spends his weekends at a BDSM club in downtown San Francisco, and that he 's spent enough money on leather to pay Sarah Palin's Neiman Marcus bill .

Baha

Really enjoyed this episode. Screw the haters, Ryan is a great host. I feel like the crew has really come together quite well which is very promising this early into the new podcast. It was sad to see Shawn & Jeff go but you gotta chuff it out. Can't wait till next week.

fushi

Robert Ashley said:
I heard he spends his weekends at a BDSM club in downtown San Francisco, and that he 's spent enough money on leather to pay Sarah Palin's Neiman Marcus bill .
:lol

I think Ryan's a decent family man/host. He gets the ball rolling at the start of each episode, and then just keeps watch, occasionally popping in a thought or two, or displaying his superior Star Wars knowledge. All good.

latinal3o0

Neo Member
omgimaninja said:
Another great episode! But I'm still waiting on Tiny Titans photoshops.

I started reading "The Walking Dead" based on their suggestion and one of the fan letters in the back mentioned the word "chuf" :lol

755.jpg
:lol

Ikopi

Good episode. It's different from the old GFW radio, but that isn't a bad thing. I will look forward every week to this newish podcast.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
was i the only one totally down with having my nerd bone tickled by the pc build/spec talk? was always the one thing lacking from GFW.

also, get word to matt that his 550w psu will be fine for any single gpu setup.

Zen

Banned
Akia said:
Very enjoyable podcast this week.

I don't agree with the haters. Ryan should keep hosting.

I don't want to say Ryan felt intimidated by the other guys on the old GFW (That's not the right word at all), but Jeff and Shawn both such overpoweringly charismatic personalities that I don't think Ryan felt comfortable interjecting a lot.

But with this new group, it's not as dominated by any one person and honestly Ryans personality works great with this group.

Keep hosting!

I don't know... but so far... this isn't worse than the old GFW. It's different, but it's still a great podcast. It still has a bit of the GFW feel, but with a refreshing new dynamic.

LCfiner

This was a damn funny podcast this week. just finished listening. the chemistry is pretty strong with the cast and new members Tina and Matt.

The gaming talk was also pretty deep. The Left4dead and SW: MMO talk was really interesting. I'm pretty negative on the Old republic MMO, mainly cuz I don't buy Bioware's pitch that story will take a larger role in the game. I'm not an MMO guy so i feel it's a poor direction for the franchise.

Bobito was on a tear this week. great stuff. he really brings the energy up for the entire show.

my one comment: I think it hurts the memory of the Brodeo to have Ryan open with "Hello and Welcome". just coming in and saying "I'm Ryan Scott and I'm sorry" would be good. :) he doesn't need to sound quite so sad when starting things off.

Anyway, keep things up. looking forward to the new name reveal next show.

Flavius

Zen said:
I don't want to say Ryan felt intimidated by the other guys on the old GFW (That's not the right word at all), but Jeff and Shawn both such overpoweringly charismatic personalities that I don't think Ryan felt comfortable interjecting a lot.

But with this new group, it's not as dominated by any one person and honestly Ryans personality works great with this group.

Keep hosting!

I don't know... but so far... this isn't worse than the old GFW. It's different, but it's still a great podcast. It still has a bit of the GFW feel, but with a refreshing new dynamic.

You said it so I don't have to. :)

Keep showing up, Bobito.

Uhhhhh...Simon and/or Sam, how about making this dude a full-time offer?

Akia

We should start a campaign to get Robert hired full time at 1UP.

Everyone install the ReloadEvery extension on Firefox and auto-refresh his feature articles in another tab.

Beelzebot said:
Ryan's been a surprisingly great host so far. :)

This.

Everyone else has been great too. I think you should just keep calling it GFW, you guys definitely carry on with the same great spirit. I think both Jeff and Shawn would agree.

Anyway, when can we expect this weeks podcast? Looking forward to listening.

AkuMifune

Banned
Flavius said:
Ryan's doing a fine job as host.

Shawn and Jeff have got to be amazed at how he's come out of his shell. Like, they left the nest and the little sparrow learned to fly on his own...:lol

Top Bottom