• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 years later and am still mad at Kishimoto

god Naruto Shippuden not only ended so badly, but the last 320 or so episodes were atrocious (idk which chapters are those for the folks that read the manga) but my god, everything after the akatsuki gank was just downright dogshit, he killed everything good about the show, the flashy fighting, the world building, new characters, literally anything besides the ninja war, character development. it became absolute shit

he overpowered characters so much that 95% of the cast were literally pathetic and hard to give a shit about. which is not why most of us enjoyed the show, it started with everyone having unique abilities and everyone was strong. and that made it interesting. the final villains were so bad, madara and obito and that weird looking lady, oh man. and she is supposedly an alien from some weird planet (why do this???) Obito should have been the final enemy. the show should have ended far earlier. or honestly if it lasted this long they shouldn't have killed off the akatsuki members that fast and made the hunt for the beasts longer and had some character development and world building to it

I mean the best part of the show was like idk. literally like 70-80 episodes in shippuden. and obviously the first part was great.

its just so bad . like I don't watch any anime besides naruto and hxh which are both done for now (i did watch a few episodes of boruto and my god its worse than I can ever imagine. they started making up powers and shit)

as a fan of the show for over a decade. spent a lot of money on everything involved with. man I felt so disappointed how he butchered literally half of the show into, bad writing, stretched too thin non existent story that involves like 3-4 characters. killing off everyone that was a good character too fast and not developing them. talk no jutsu fucking sucks. and thats only the tip of the iceberg. I could go on and on. shippuden overall was just poorly written. but the first half had some really good shit. the best stuff in the entire show actually. but after like 180 or so episodes it literally became a wasteland of "how can we stretch this part of the show that should be 60-80 episodes at most into 320 EPISODES" and it was just bad even if you cut the filler away. it was just a horrible ending and a horrible arc that was the third war. it just physically hurts me every time I think about it

god fuck kishimoto

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Yup, went to shit real fast at the end there. I know every Anime has issues with power levels, but Shippuden took it to a new low.

Yup, went to shit real fast at the end there. I know every Anime has issues with power levels, but Shippuden took it to a new low.

that was the biggest issue, but its only like 20% of the total problem. the show had so many problems it just was laughable and downright a really bad anime.

its unbelievable what he did.

Last edited:

Paltheos

I stopped genuinely enjoying the show when it rebranded as Shippuden. The soundtrack was retuned to a much narrower, more serious scale that lost all the original show's fun songs. That combined with heavier filler integrated into the canon stories (bad filler) killed my enthusiasm.

Followed the comic for a while after that though. It's... ok, but I think I only enjoyed it ironically. Some of the shit Kishi came up with is bad enough to be funny, and Madara's incredibly entertaining both because of the power gap between him and everyone else and because of his awareness of said power gap. "This is pathetic. You're all losers and I'm awesome, of course."

Half the fun though was following the week-to-week discussions jeering at the juxtapositions and pointing out the unintended messages the story is making. And funny translation errors. Got allot of mileage out of "Dr. Snakes".

I stopped genuinely enjoying the show when it rebranded as Shippuden. The soundtrack was retuned to a much narrower, more serious scale that lost all the original show's fun songs. That combined with heavier filler integrated into the canon stories (bad filler) killed my enthusiasm.

Followed the comic for a while after that though. It's... ok, but I think I only enjoyed it ironically. Some of the shit Kishi came up with is bad enough to be funny, and Madara's incredibly entertaining both because of the power gap between him and everyone else and because of his awareness of said power gap. "This is pathetic. You're all losers and I'm awesome, of course."

Half the fun though was following the week-to-week discussions jeering at the juxtapositions and pointing out the unintended messages the story is making. And funny translation errors. Got allot of mileage out of "Dr. Snakes".

the initial madara intro was fantastic. it is easily the best part of that 320 shitty episodes. that fight with everyone was amazing. that was the only few good episodes out of them.

but shippuden had a really good arc later on with akatsuki members, both in the sand village and elsewhere. those were my favorite parts even when compared to the young naruto arcs.

but after the akatsuki members and when naruto saved the village from pain it just became dogshit.

Mistake

I quit it 10-20 episodes in shippuden and forgot about the show entirely for a while with the earlier filler arc that took a year and a half. Once I saw naruto using rasengan for everything I just stopped, and they weren’t developing the other characters too much. Some of the games were fun though. I liked the fighters on gcn and wii, even though kimimaru was op and wrecked shields

PSlayer

I was following the manga back then because i couldn't tolerate any more fillers. I wasn't that shocked about how rushed the ending was because i was also reading Bleach at more or less the same time an THAT was a really rushed ending.

Anyway,there is a lot of disappointing things about the last third of the series. To me the biggest ones are plot threads that either goes nowhere or contradicts the messages that the show was trying to tell.

Remember when Naruto was suppose to be a loser who works very hard to keep up the pace with privileged, biological prodigies? Nevermind he is one of them too. He also is Jesus reincarnated on top of that.

Remember when Sasuke realized that the Village system was fundamentally corrupt and that the Hashirama's peaceful solution is a facade that relies on shaddy people like Tobirama,Madara and Danzou running some CIA-like organization with the purpose of doing Blackops shit behind everybody's back, and that he made the vow of change that? Nevermind, Sasuke is now the one doing Blackops with the help of the Orochimaru, one of the biggest villans of the show who had multiples concentration camps around the world.

The more i think about the last third of the story, the angrier i get.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Lmao Kishimoto is a guy who smoke and eat drugs for dinner.

Such a waste of good characters. All of them in the garbage thanks to Shippuden.

May I tell how terrible this series was? Obito drama, killing Neji, Mighty Guy never to fight again, Jiraya dead, Sasuke boys band...you name it.

And an ending for what? Ball sucking fans who would be sad if Sasuke-Gary-Stu died for what he believe.

Sasuke should have died for what he believes. Sakura should have died for loving this idiot until the end(and druging her friends for that). And this process of not saving both them should have transformed Naruto in a proper Hokage, as Jiraya first advice echoes from the past.

If anyone feels any kind of interest or respect for this series, stick with Naruto only. Shippuden is a trash.

Last edited:
I dropped the manga in 2007 when Hidan and Kakuzu died for the plot. Waaaaaaaaay too much plot armor in that series.

that was the last 10/10 arc. i should have dropped the series then. I cannot believe they killed them that easily just to show off narutos new powers. fuck that

and then they kill off the rest of akatsuki. fuck sasuki plot armor. that was a horrible decision by kishimoto. he literally ruined everything good about the show.

I quit it 10-20 episodes in shippuden and forgot about the show entirely for a while with the earlier filler arc that took a year and a half. Once I saw naruto using rasengan for everything I just stopped, and they weren’t developing the other characters too much. Some of the games were fun though. I liked the fighters on gcn and wii, even though kimimaru was op and wrecked shields

shippuden was mostly shit besides a few good fights. i agree. I enjoyed some arcs, but mostly to the fights, the writing was dogshit, they ruined the series, they killed off many good enemies and characters, naruto becoming too strong along with sasuke was BS, too much plot armor for Sasuke, they killed off too many good characters, they neglected so many good characters.

wtf. i hate kishimoto

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Got hooked on naruto when it was game of thrones the anime really.

People dying in that forest where they had to succeed through was just absolutely trilling and so well done. Gaara guy looked like a good bad guy, then later that eye guy that just decimated everything without a issue by just looking at it and that guy was the future of sasuke powers.

Loved it.

I think the series died after that brother of sasuke died tho, the guy kinda was the main villian, pain saga was also nice at the end. However when they started to boost up that team mate chick like somehow she was capable to keep up with SSJ God naruto and sasuka my eyes just started to roll around.

Sasuke also became worse and worse the more time went forwards. Then that god awful war started and honestly i didn't even finish it. Until way later the few last episodes as it just became a horrible power charge up fest of idiocy

Started out great ended up terrible.

Got hooked on naruto when it was game of thrones the anime really.

People dying in that forest where they had to succeed through was just absolutely trilling and so well done. Gaara guy looked like a good bad guy, then later that eye guy that just decimated everything without a issue by just looking at it and that guy was the future of sasuke powers.

Loved it.

I think the series died after that brother of sasuke died tho, the guy kinda was the main villian, pain saga was also nice at the end. However when they started to boost up that team mate chick like somehow she was capable to keep up with SSJ God naruto and sasuka my eyes just started to roll around.

Sasuke also became worse and worse the more time went forwards. Then that god awful war started and honestly i didn't even finish it. Until way later the few last episodes as it just became a horrible power charge up fest of idiocy

Started out great ended up terrible.

shippuden started off terrible. it had its moments, but overall it was terrible. naruto OG had some bad moments, overall fantastic, I really liked even the fillers of naruto OG they were great

naruto shippuden fillers besides the first one were good awful.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Never got into Naruto. It was for a certain audience and I wasn't it. That and the fact that it took too much "inspiration" from HxH. The few people that I know that like it have never complained about the ending though but have said Boruto was terrible.

Armorian

Banned
shippuden started off terrible. it had its moments, but overall it was terrible. naruto OG had some bad moments, overall fantastic, I really liked even the fillers of naruto OG they were great

naruto shippuden fillers besides the first one were good awful.

Half of Naruto 1 was garbage filler. NS stopped being interesting after Pain fight, everything after that is bad or garbage (except first Madara fights).

So far Naruto is only long ass anime I ever watched (I prefer 12-24 episodes), too many fillers and retrospwections but overall I would rate it 7.5/10. I'm half trough S2 of Fairly Tail right now, can't say it's overall better than Naruto but I enjoy it.

Half of Naruto 1 was garbage filler. NS stopped being interesting after Pain fight, everything after that is bad or garbage (except first Madara fights).

So far Naruto is only long ass anime I ever watched (I prefer 12-24 episodes), too many fillers and retrospwections but overall I would rate it 7.5/10. I'm half trough S2 of Fairly Tail right now, can't say it's overall better than Naruto but I enjoy it.
pain fight was garbage after naruto came in. because he wasnt interesting, he killed all of his clones immediately and then it was talk nu jutsu. i hate it.

they just ruined everything by killing the akatsuki too fast.

Armorian

Banned
pain fight was garbage after naruto came in. because he wasnt interesting, he killed all of his clones immediately and then it was talk nu jutsu. i hate it.

they just ruined everything by killing the akatsuki too fast.

This fight was enjoyable to look at - pure action (before TnJ), recently there was episode of Black Clover with similar style (same studio).

I also hates when creators are ressurecting death characters, this shit in Naruto was stupid AF, undeath were even stronger in that form then they were when they lived (couldn't be killed). Kabuto/Orochimaru just effortlessly summons dozens of strongest Ninjas in history (including Itachi - this completly fucks up his story conclusion).

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
I was following the last two arcs weekly in the manga. It was a torture, but like with bleach I had to see this shit through to the end.

Wimbledon

I am Pein the leader of the Akatsuki - Get bodied

I am Tobi the true leader behind the scenes - Pein was merely a tool

HA It is me Obito the true leader (i was tobi all along) of the Akatsuki i will unlock the 10th Kyubbi and Madara

I am Madara the true villain of the series i will single handily destroy everyone

HA it is me Zetsu i bet you didn't see me coming , i merely used Madara and Obito to summon Kaguya MOTHER OF THE GOD OF SHINOBI etc.

Kaguya - (-_-)

HA it is me Sasuke i bet you didn't see my betrayal coming , time for me kill all the Kages for betraying my clan so long ago, and make the world mine. Come naruto lets have one last fight cause F it. I also don't want to admit i love you.......in a platonic way. Pow, boom , something chidori and Rasengan.

Honestly the series became hilarious to me after Pein died, Or the Shinobi war. It could've ended there i would've been satisfied , everything else just seemed hilarious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom