• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$200 Refurbished Wii U's Available Through Nintendo (1 Yr Warranty Included)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
... I still can not decide if I should try picking up a Wii U Pro Controller at the $30 (price matched at this point) or if I should save the money and get a game instead.

I've heard so many good things about it. Does ANYONE think that it's not worth the price, anyone out there just as happy using the GamePad and thinks the Pro controller is missable?

... I still can not decide if I should try picking up a Wii U Pro Controller at the $30 (price matched at this point) or if I should save the money and get a game instead.

I've heard so many good things about it. Does ANYONE think that it's not worth the price, anyone out there just as happy using the GamePad and thinks the Pro controller is missable?

I think the Pro controller is the best controller on the market today. I wish I could use it for all of my consoles. :)

I wish I could get a Pro Controller! BB Canada doesnt have the deal :(

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!

10509660_10101332082952225_7816427542053404921_n.jpg

My mother-in-law had ordered me a Wii U earlier this week and it arrived tonight as an early Birthday present!!! YEE-HAW!

(Now I just need to call Nintendo in the morning to cancel my order lol!)

It's downloading the update right now, I'm very excited!

Moofers

Welcome new Wii U owners!

I played my first games of Mario Kart 8 with my wife and mother-in-law tonight. Pretty sweet game! The colorful graphics were a hit and I can tell already the beast has been awoken in my wife. This shit will have legs and we're going to play it for a long while.

I chose New Super Mario Bros U as our freebie so we could play together. I was interested in Wind Waker but I can't ignore the value of multiplayer for us. It's part of the reason I got it after all. I'll pick up WW eventually I think.

Can't wait for N64 virtual console! I need that on my game pad!

ALSO! I forgot to mention I picked up the PDP Afterglow Pro Controller. It's a solid controller and the lights inside are a real nice touch as always. I have these for my PS3 and 360 as well and they have served me well, but I honestly think the Wii U version might be a bit nicer. It just feels more solid. Works great for Mario Kart.

Btw, I found it in the clearance section at Fred Meyer. Cost was $21 and change. Great deal.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought too many games but man, I am happy. Got Mario kart, zelda, donkey kong, Mario 3d, new Mario and luigi, pikmin 3.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Okay, I'm finally buying one.

The only question is whether I want Mario Kart 8 or DKC Tropical Freeze for my first non-pack-in game.

MK8 is a no brainer with the free game.

Moofers

Okay, I'm finally buying one.

The only question is whether I want Mario Kart 8 or DKC Tropical Freeze for my first non-pack-in game.
Mario Kart 8 before the 31st so you can have a free game. Also, Zombi U is awesome. See my impressions on the previous page of this thread.

If you buy MK before the 31st you get a free game: http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

MK8 is a no brainer with the free game.

Mario Kart 8 before the 31st so you can have a free game. Also, Zombi U is awesome. See my impressions on the previous page of this thread.

Okay, I was kinda leaning toward MK8 anyway (although Tropical Freeze does look great).

I haven't gotten an order confirmation email from them, and I'm a bit worried. Should I be? I mean, apparently they've already charged my debit card, so I assume it went through.

Flandy

Okay, I was kinda leaning toward MK8 anyway (although Tropical Freeze does look great).

I haven't gotten an order confirmation email from them, and I'm a bit worried. Should I be? I mean, apparently they've already charged my debit card, so I assume it went through.

You can pick up Mario Kart for $33 from Target. Price match Amazon/Walmart which have it for $48 and then give them a preorder card ($1) which will take an additional $15 off the purchase. They don't take any information so you aren't actually obligated to ever pick up the preorder. Just make sure to pick up one of the cards that are specifically marked with the promotion or one of the ones in the weekly ad. I've heard some people on Cag have issues. I preordered Evolve on Xbox One and that seemed to work. Final day of the deal is on Saturday so you better hurry

nullset2

Do you guys think Nintendo would ship to a hotel? I'm going over to the States next week and I'm gonna find no better price than this...

zruben

Banned
Do you guys think Nintendo would ship to a hotel? I'm going over to the States next week and I'm gonna find no better price than this...

I would ask the hotel directly, some hotels don't allow that service.

also, check with Nintendo if they have stock, I think most of the refubrished orders get "back ordered" for a while.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I would ask the hotel directly, some hotels don't allow that service.
also, check with Nintendo if they have stock, I think most of the refubrished orders get "back ordered" for a while.

I ordered one last night around 8pm and they already shipped it. So I'm pretty sure they have stock.

... I'm thinking of going all digital. The fact that you can purchase digital games tax free, and you get "cash back" for buying online, makes me think that I'm better off just downloading from the eShop for my purchases.

Anyone else doing the same?

Oh wow, apparently my Wii U's already shipped.

And my copy of Mario Kart 8 and my charging cradle are still processing. Surprised Nintendo actually beat Amazon.

Blu(e)

Well, my Wii U came in today. Slowly downloading the update through my phone since it doesn't connect to my actual router for some reason (I hear the update fixes this?). Other than that, I really like the system. Played with my cousin and really enjoyed ourselves. Concerning Nintendoland, did everyone's copy come in not shrink wrapped? Mine came with the case but wasn't wrapped.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Well, my Wii U came in today. Slowly downloading the update through my phone since it doesn't connect to my actual router for some reason (I hear the update fixes this?). Other than that, I really like the system. Played with my cousin and really enjoyed ourselves. Concerning Nintendoland, did everyone's copy come in not shrink wrapped? Mine came with the case but wasn't wrapped.

Mine wasn't in shrink wrap, but it looked pretty untouched. So I'm guessing its as good as new. I don't think they would've shrink wrapped a pack-in game though. I'm happy they gave us a case. I've purchased many consoles where all you get is a disc in a sleeve.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My copy of NintendoLand was sealed, and so were most other peoples' last month when everyone started buying these. Maybe no longer, though.

Moofers

There is no back order. If anyone read my posts from this past week, I ordered on Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday with the cheapest shipping they had. ($5)

Bboy AJ

My copy of NintendoLand was sealed, and so were most other peoples' last month when everyone started buying these. Maybe no longer, though.
Really? Huh. Mine wasn't.

Flandy

Mine wasn't sealed and I ordered mine like a week after e3. The club nintendo voucher in the game was still good though

Colombo

The update does solve the router issue (which is dependant on the router) but a static ip address allows you to get around it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Do I really need 512 MB to transfer data from Wii to Wii U? All I want to transfer is Majora's Mask (VC) plus its save data.
Probably. Everything on the Wii (with some specific exceptions) gets transferred to the Wii U. You can't pick and choose items to leave behind.

Toparaman

Banned
Probably. Everything on the Wii (with some specific exceptions) gets transferred to the Wii U. You can't pick and choose items to leave behind.

Actually, it worked fine with just 120 MB on my 128 MB sd card! I made sure to delete all the channels I didn't want to transfer though.

Majora's Mask looks surprisingly good with the Wii U's 1080p upscaling.

Also, that transfer "cutscene" is adorable. Made up for the frustrating process.

Ok here's the skinny from my experience:

I ordered on Sunday afternoon. Paid $5 for the cheapest shipping possible. It arrived on Tuesday! I am in Portland OR which is only 3 hours from Redmond, so ymmv.

Everything seems brand new. Plastic puffy wrap stuck to everything. Not a fingerprint or scratch to be found on anything. Nintendo land is in like new condition with a beautiful disc and case, but it wasn't shrink wrapped. Has a club Nintendo code inside as well.

Hooked it all up and started the system update which took about an hour over my wifi. Went straight to the eshop and bought Super Mario World. Played it on the game pad while my wife watched it on our tv. Works like a dream. We traded plays for a while and really had fun revisiting classic Mario.

Later that night I played Zombi U. Holy crap, what a showcase title! I had all the lights off and my wife was in bed upstairs. I plugged headphones into the game pad, changed the sound output in the options, and gave it a good 2 hours of uninterrupted play. It was awesome! I got totally immersed. The way it uses the game pad to have you scan ala Metroid is really a neat way to bring you into it kind of like VR. It even casts light in the game which creates more shadows and effects. Very cool.

The sound in Zombi U is also pretty good! I heard far off screaming and wailing that really does tend to freak me out because it can be hard to tell when they've seen you or when they're just screaming like the souls of the damned that they are. It's pretty creepy. Graphics seem pretty good to me too.

One encounter had me swarmed by about 5 zeds. I ran out if space to back up, so I drew my gun and emptied my mag rather clumsily because aiming isn't a total cakewalk in this game, which I like. It feels more realistic. So after my mag is empty, I decide to just run to any place that doesn't have grabbing hands and biting mouths. In my haste I passed the exit right up, so I had to shake another zed and double back for it before the other pack arrived. I barely made it! It was pretty exhilarating.

Overall, I'm very pleased to be a new owner of the Wii U. There's a good number of games I want and I already have Mario Kart arriving tomorrow. With N64 virtual console on the way the future really looks bright for me. I think my wife and I will play this thing forever and have it serve as our Nintendo history machine once I've bought all the classics we want. Fuckin awesome to think about it like that.

Only spent $220 for the system, Nintendoland, and Zombi U which came from Amazon. That's half an Xbone and I got plenty of money to spare for more games before I hit $400. I really feel I made the right choice. This thing feels like a great compliment to my PS4 since they share the remote play thing in a sense. (I have a Vita too) and the libraries are so different.

I know I will want an Xbone for Gears one day so I don't mean to sound like a fanboy hating on it, but I had the money for one or the other right now and I let friends and GAF talk me into taking a chance on Nintendo after being away from them since the GameCube days. Feels good to be back. :)

Awesome to hear. Zombi U was my favorite game of 2012....seriously,

Gamespot and IGN (Greg Miller) really dropped the ball on the reviews. I think their reviews turned quit a few would be buyers away from it. I thought it was going to be another Red Steele by the sounds of it but it was a great survival horror experience in where you actually had to move cautiously and was a very tense game.

chualie

Got my refurbished WiiU from Nintendo about a week ago. I ordered it on Sunday evening and it shipped Monday. I ordered it with the $10 express shipping and they shipped it with next day air. The WiiU was pretty much brand new. The CN code for Nintendo land registered and I was able to register the WiiU itself.

I definitely would recommend getting a refurbished one if anyone is looking for a WiiU.

I got my Wii U on Tuesday. It seemed brand new. The D-pad on the Gamepad is so good that I'm actually pretty sure I'm getting Shovel Knight for Wii U instead of PC.

But anyway, is anyone else still getting the "down for maintenance" message on Club Nintendo? I want my free copy of WWHD, and today's the last day for the MK8 deal, right? It's been down for me since I checked on Tuesday.

EDIT: Never mind, going directly to the site gave me the message, but going through Nintendo's website didn't. I'm assuming I should've cleared my cache or something.

Top Bottom