• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$200 Refurbished Wii U's Available Through Nintendo (1 Yr Warranty Included)

American here but mine said the same thing in both English and Spanish

Mine too. I'm in Canada but mine has Spanish on it. What was the condition of yours?

I didnt open it today because I'm really nervous. Sounds silly, but I never intended to own a WiiU but I want the exclusives.. so I'm afraid of wasting money/impulse purchases. Deal looked too good to pass though

Flandy

Mine too. I'm in Canada but mine has Spanish on it. What was the condition of yours?

I didnt open it today because I'm really nervous. Sounds silly, but I never intended to own a WiiU but I want the exclusives.. so I'm afraid of wasting money/impulse purchases. Deal looked too good to pass though

I don't know if you noticed but the thread title does say they are Refurbished Wii Us :p Of course it would be used :lol

Anyway, yeah. Everyone in this thread (including me) has said they are in essentially new condition. Hell we speculated back in June that these were just unsold stock Nintendo was getting rid off. If that's the case then these units should be better than your normal store bought Wii U since these likely would have had to go through the refurbishment process.

tl;dr don't sweat it. They're essentially new

I don't know if you noticed but the thread title does say they are Refurbished Wii Us :p Of course it would be used :lol

Anyway, yeah. Everyone in this thread (including me) has said they are in essentially new condition. Hell we speculated back in June that these were just unsold stock Nintendo was getting rid off. If that's the case then these units should be better than your normal store bought Wii U since these likely would have had to go through the refurbishment process.

tl;dr don't sweat it. They're essentially new

Haha, I know, but I wasn't sure if it was just the luck of the draw or if there were some units that were really used and fixed up or not.

But yeah, thanks :)

Flandy

Haha, I know, but I wasn't sure if it was just the luck of the draw or if there were some units that were really used and fixed up or not.

But yeah, thanks :)

I think everyone in this thread reported they got the Club Nintendo coins from the console even though on the store it said the console didn't come with it. That and the fact that the consoles are in excellent condition led us to believe that it was unsold launch stock. The only thing that wasn't new about my console was the fact that Nintendoland wasn't sealed for some strange reason. Even then the Club Nintendo voucher inside was still valid.

Anyway, go open your brand new console already and get to updating so you can play games already. What did you pick up to play on it?

I think everyone in this thread reported they got the Club Nintendo coins from the console even though on the store it said the console didn't come with it. That and the fact that the consoles are in excellent condition led us to believe that it was unsold launch stock. The only thing that wasn't new about my console was the fact that Nintendoland wasn't sealed for some strange reason. Even then the Club Nintendo voucher inside was still valid.

Anyway, go open your brand new console already and get to updating so you can play games already. What did you pick up to play on it?

Got Zelda WindWaker from the promo, and am waiting for lower prices on games like MK8 :p

Truth is, I own a PS4 so it's hard to balance two consoles. Even sold my 3DS to get a WiiU, as I wanted to play local MP games like Smash.

But yeah, I think Ill open it tomorrow. Thanks :)

Flandy

Got Zelda WindWaker from the promo, and am waiting for lower prices on games like MK8 :p

Truth is, I own a PS4 so it's hard to balance two consoles. Even sold my 3DS to get a WiiU, as I wanted to play local MP games like Smash.

But yeah, I think Ill open it tomorrow. Thanks :)

How long till you regret selling the 3DS? I need to get one sooner or later to play a handful of games I'm interested in >__<

Also, if you're still worried about the Wii U.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121656511&postcount=1567

How long till you regret selling the 3DS? I need to get one sooner or later to play a handful of games I'm interested in >__<

Also, if you're still worried about the Wii U.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121656511&postcount=1567

Haha, I think Ill get the 3DS XL down the line when I have a good steady income.

I opened the WiiU: scratch on top of console, gamepad has a "product rebuilt" sticker on bottom and the left analog stick is slightly looser than the right. Had one issue with the WiiU not turning on when pressing the power on the gamepad but I think it's because the WiiU powered down after I left it to download Wind Waker.

Other than those paranoid concerns, everything is fine. I had more fun with the MiiMaker/community features than I thought. Hopefully, I enjoy Smash half as much as I expect to

Flandy

Haha, I think Ill get the 3DS XL down the line when I have a good steady income.

I opened the WiiU: scratch on top of console, gamepad has a "product rebuilt" sticker on bottom and the left analog stick is slightly looser than the right. Had one issue with the WiiU not turning on when pressing the power on the gamepad but I think it's because the WiiU powered down after I left it to download Wind Waker.

Other than those paranoid concerns, everything is fine. I had more fun with the MiiMaker/community features than I thought. Hopefully, I enjoy Smash half as much as I expect to
I wonder if this thread called so much attention to the refurbs that they ran out of the unsold stock and that's why yours is only like new instead of new :lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone?

Got my WiiU, it says "Refurbished, Cleaned Tested" on it. Did some of yours not say this (i.e., was brand new?)

Yeah mine was the same. It was brand new, seemingly. Everything was in the plastic with no finger prints. If it wasn't brand new they did a DAMN good job of restoring it to look like it.

^ Not a single blemish eh?

Should I be worried? Am I the only one who didnt get leftover stock on here? I'm just afraid of the thing breaking down on me lol.

Also, is it normal for the WiiU to sound like a small dentist drill at certain times? It seemed to do that twice. Not sire if it was the HDD or what

Flandy

Should I be worried? Am I the only one who didnt get leftover stock on here? I'm just afraid of the thing breaking down on me lol.

I think there were two people here earlier who got a system that was bricked from the get go or couldn't update. They either got it exchanged or a refund.

Honestly, I'm sure the damage is only superficial. I doubt you'll have any problems with it. They did have to go inside of it and fix it up after all

bronk

Banned

Also, is it normal for the WiiU to sound like a small dentist drill at certain times? It seemed to do that twice. Not sire if it was the HDD or what
Mine is definitely not new I could tell lil scuffs here and there. I mean its great condition for the most part but it is not new. I hope everything works fine for long haul

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

You bought a refurbished product, you got a refurbished product. It's a shame you didn't get lucky like 95% of us but oh well. It has a year warranty. I wouldn't sweat it.

New WiiU owner here. Me and wife are having fun playing new super mario brothers. Shes using boost mode though. If its an easy stage, she'll grab the wii remote.

Question, when does the eshop updates? Weekly? Bi weekly? Which days?

Also, you guys can add me. My nintendo id is

Cr1st0

ozfunghi

New WiiU owner here. Me and wife are having fun playing new super mario brothers. Shes using boost mode though. If its an easy stage, she'll grab the wii remote.

Question, when does the eshop updates? Weekly? Bi weekly? Which days?

Also, you guys can add me. My nintendo id is

Cr1st0

Weekly... but don't expect more than 3 indie titles and one retail title or so per week.

Shun

What type of external HDD are people using?

I'm basically using any old laptop hard drive inside an enclosure with a Y-cable.

Save some money and salvage some old computer parts for your HDD and spend like 15 bucks total for a y-cable/enclosure.

Bother SATA and IDE drives work fine for the Wii U.

Azzurri

I'm basically using any old laptop hard drive inside an enclosure with a Y-cable.

Save some money and salvage some old computer parts for your HDD and spend like 15 bucks total for a y-cable/enclosure.

Bother SATA and IDE drives work fine for the Wii U.

Cool, would one of those slim portable ones from WD work too?

lucius

I placed an order Sunday, shipped already, I hope I get a good one. I saw Fry's bundle with the New Super Mario and Lugi for pretty cheap, but I don't care that much about those games. I bought refurbished from Nintendo before and never had a problem.

Finally went ahead and got the bundle. I already got Mario Kart, as well as Wind Waker for the free game. Should I get 3D World or something else first?

Victrix

*beard*
Mine arrived today, all hooked up and browsing the eShop as I type this

MonHun3 is still in the mail, I need something to play now :<

lucius

I got my WiiU yesterday ordered sunday so I don't think they are backordered. The system still looks new pretty much, Nintendo Land was not sealed but the code to register it worked. I already got Mario World 3d and Wind Waker HD.

I got mine a few weeks ago and it's been working flawlessly. No scratches, glitches, or anything you'd expect from a second-hand product.

The Wii U registered on Club Nintendo as well as Nintendo Land (actually got two post-play surveys from this for some reason).

To anyone on the edge, I say go for it. I'm the type that is extremely wary of used/refurbished products and I am beyond pleased.

Hi all.

Quick query I'm hoping someone can help with. I have a 32GB Wii U with my NNID connected to it and about 3 download games. Is there any way I can remove my NNID but have the system keep the games, e.g. if I were to give it away or sell to someone? Would it be possible to add a few more NNIDs to the system and then remove my one but still keep the games?

Thanks.

EDIT: if I do unlink my NNID from this Wii U, will I be able to use it on a system if I get it again in future? I know my downloads will be gone, just concerned about my ID.

jimi_dini

Hi all.

Quick query I'm hoping someone can help with. I have a 32GB Wii U with my NNID connected to it and about 3 download games. Is there any way I can remove my NNID but have the system keep the games, e.g. if I were to give it away or sell to someone? Would it be possible to add a few more NNIDs to the system and then remove my one but still keep the games?

Thanks.

Digitally bought games are attached to the NNID, that was used to buy them and not to the hardware. So you can either keep the NNID on the system, but then you won't be able to use it somewhere else (and rightfully so), or you can delete the NNID from the system ("unlink"), which also means that all content from that NNID won't work anymore. In the latter case you can link the NNID to another Wii U (may require a telehpone call) and you should be able to download and use those games on that system then.

Oh and keep attention - you can either delete the NNID from the system or delete the NNID itself. The former is not the same as the latter. The latter will actually delete the account and all the content, that is connected to it and you won't be able to use the account anymore afterwards at all.

Digitally bought games are attached to the NNID, that was used to buy them and not to the hardware. So you can either keep the NNID on the system, but then you won't be able to use it somewhere else (and rightfully so), or you can delete the NNID from the system ("unlink"), which also means that all content from that NNID won't work anymore. In the latter case you can link the NNID to another Wii U (may require a telehpone call) and you should be able to download and use those games on that system then.

Oh and keep attention - you can either delete the NNID from the system or delete the NNID itself. The former is not the same as the latter. The latter will actually delete the account and all the content, that is connected to it and you won't be able to use the account anymore afterwards at all.
Thanks for the response and the useful advice.

This part in particular...
In the latter case you can link the NNID to another Wii U (may require a telehpone call) and you should be able to download and use those games on that system then.
I didn't think this was possible, as in, to get the games to another system.

Is it possible to back up saves so I can re-use them in future? I've only played Mario Kart and Donkey Kong TF.

eosos

Banned
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but where did yall buy the wiimote with motion plus and a nunchuck? Im about to get a set on ebay for $25 and wanted to know if there were any better deals out there.

phant0m

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but where did yall buy the wiimote with motion plus and a nunchuck? Im about to get a set on ebay for $25 and wanted to know if there were any better deals out there.

That's a deal. The wiimote+ alone is $40 retail.

Anyone knows how much shipping is? I'm planning on getting mines in two weeks.

8-8-2014%2B10-52-03%2BAM.png

the best I did was the Wii mote with Wii u party combo for 45 and best buy was doing a $10 GC with purchase. No nunchuck. Your deal sounds sweet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

From Nintendo. $25.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How is the refurb quality? Thinking of buying one as I technically don't own the one I have.

Hi all.

Thanks.

EDIT: if I do unlink my NNID from this Wii U, will I be able to use it on a system if I get it again in future? I know my downloads will be gone, just concerned about my ID.
Well, the latest software update has a wii u to wii u system transfer with gave saves I believe. So, if you have both in your possession you can do that.

big_z

How is the refurb quality? Thinking of buying one as I technically don't own the one I have.

when my wii broke I had to exchange it 3 times because the refurbs had issues. I know people have had issues with 3ds refurbs as well. ive followed the wiiu refurb threads and some people have had trouble, usually with the game pad but most seem fine.

ozfunghi

Mine arrived today, all hooked up and browsing the eShop as I type this

MonHun3 is still in the mail, I need something to play now :<

There's plenty in the e-shop to keep you busy. Nano Assault, Scram Kitty, Xtype+, Earthbound, Shovel knight, Unepic, How to survive, Trine2... Or full retail games on the e-shop.

when my wii broke I had to exchange it 3 times because the refurbs had issues. I know people have had issues with 3ds refurbs as well. ive followed the wiiu refurb threads and some people have had trouble, usually with the game pad but most seem fine.

Wow, most people in this thread seem convinced theirs is new and came from overstock. A very small minority seems to have some problems... but even non refurb systems can have issues, so i'm not convinced this is due to being refubished. And you have a 1 year warranty.

big_z

Wow, most people in this thread seem convinced theirs is new and came from overstock. A very small minority seems to have some problems... but even non refurb systems can have issues, so i'm not convinced this is due to being refubished. And you have a 1 year warranty.

Nintendo uses binned parts(gut broken consoles, rebuild refurbs with those pieces) so if something is scratched/stained they replace it that's why they look new even though they're frankensteined consoles.

When I went through the wii refurb ordeal they all would have looked like new if it wasn't for one being covered in cheeto finger prints.

Crumbtiny

This thread pushed me to finally order a Wii U. I'm hoping it gets delivered this week (ordered Saturday night, still says "submitted" on Nintendo's website). It sounds like some people got it quickly and others had to wait quite a while.

Until then, Mario Kart 8 is just sitting on the shelf, teasing me.

Top Bottom