• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - 255HP V6, 29MPG city / 37 highway. I want one. Now. (56K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Zelda-Bitch said:
I seem to remember hybrids getting better gas mileage then this. What happened?

They decided to have the technology power a 255HP V6. Practical? Nah. Neat? Sure. But can you think of any moderately powerful V6 sedan that gets that kind of gas mileage?

That is true I suppose. Still, If I were to buy a hybrid, it would be to save as much gas as possible and having a V6 engine kind of defeats the purpose.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Phoenix said:
Because MPG suckage isn't relative to class of vehicle. I have a RX300 and I'm doing between 19-21. Much better than the average of the pilot, but STILL sucks. Just because the RX300 one of the top 3 of the worst doesn't mean it doesn't suck - it just gets moved in to an average fuel consumption rating.

I politely disagree. MPG suckage is generally relative to class/size/weight/type of engine being used. Of the midsize SUV's listed at edmunds.com the Pilot is actually right in the middle, the RX300 is actually the high end of MPG for SUV's. Of the 42 or so SUV's that Edmunds lists as midsize the Pilots MPG is smack dab in the middle, so it's better to say that trucks/SUV's in general have pretty average to sucky mpg.

Tarazet

Zelda-Bitch said:
That is true I suppose. Still, If I were to buy a hybrid, it would be to save as much gas as possible and having a V6 engine kind of defeats the purpose.

I have an interesting little detail to share: the Honda dealer that I used to work at has taken the markups off of most of its cars. However, the Civic Hybrid CVTs still have a $2000 markup, the Accord Hybrid has a $3000 markup, and they finally got an Insight on the lot - they haven't had one in over a year! - and it has a $5000 markup, for a total price of over $27,000.

You ain't saving any money by getting hybrids. You really have to be sold on the idea of conserving resources for this to make sense.

Soybean

It's definitely more of a statement of support for conservation than anything else. Well, unless gasoline starts hitting $5/gallon, which I suppose isn't unreasonable. Anyway, that's why a lot of companies want to tout the horsepower benefits from hybridization rather than the fuel consumption reduction.

missAran

You guys are on drugs if you think that this Accord has anything on the new Passat:

023__scaled_600.jpg

022__scaled_600_007.jpg

020__scaled_600.jpg

021__scaled_600.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Is the new Passat available as a hybrid? Last I checked this was a Hybrid thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom