• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

the TMO

no Spyborg love?
spyborgs_capcom_b9ee0f5980b1ca09ae0b133b44fe9d3e.JPEG

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
-Kh- said:
I don't know about GoW3, but all other games will make it.

FF13 will at least come out during FY2009 that gives room until march 2010 :lol
Maybe FF13 because they've been kinda unveiling it more lately, but GT5? :lol That's a poor man's vaporware right there. And Tools of Destruction came out last year too, was a new game officially announced?

To me, that list seems even more arbitrarily padded out than this thread's OP's.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
the TMO said:
no Spyborg love?
spyborgs_capcom_b9ee0f5980b1ca09ae0b133b44fe9d3e.JPEG

no.

Plus it's undergoing a major restructuring anyways, it may not look like anything that could be put in the OP.

Classic_Gs said:
And this is why I am selling my Wii.

Sense, you do not make it.

Laguna

Banned
Why did you miss Pro Evolution Soccer Wii *sadEuropean*

grats to OP it´s always nice to see such previews.

being multiplattform dosnt make a game bad for the ps3 especialy if it is developed with the ps3 in mind and gets a port to 360 when the ps3 version is finished (ff13)

-Kh-

Banned
Andrex said:
Maybe FF13 because they've been kinda unveiling it more lately, but GT5? :lol That's a poor man's vaporware right there. And Tools of Destruction came out last year too, was a new game officially announced?

To me, that list seems even more arbitrarily padded out than this thread's OP's.

R&C was released on October 23, 2007, 2 years will be enough to make another game that reuses the engine (with enough time for improvements), I don't see how it isn't possible, and it is not like they didn't release them rather often to think otherwise.

GT5 I agree is still vaporware, but there was just this interview with GT5 producer last week (or just at the end of last month), saying that the game would be ready sometime soon (yea I know... :lol ).

But still, It has been too long, and Sony does need this game out next year.

CO_Andy

I like how everyone complains in these threads about a lack of games when most of us, no, everyone, has a shitload of games to finish. Gotta hype something, right?

jrricky

Banned
:lol

Could someone make a list for PS3, 360, DS, and PSP :)lol) so I could know whats coming out next year pretty please?

Laguna

Banned
CO_Andy said:
I like how everyone complains in these threads about a lack of games when most of us, no, everyone, has a shitload of games to finish. Gotta hype something, right?

Funny, because it´s true :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
CO_Andy said:

I have to finish more than 50% of my current gen games (including Wario Land, Okami, and a bunch of others). :(

Laguna

Banned
Andrex said:
I have to finish more than 50% of my current gen games (including Wario Land, Okami, and a bunch of others). :(

I have to finish/start over 70% of my games I know it´s sad but atleast I´m not the only one.

Jokeropia

Spiegel said:
In 2008 SE has made major announcements:
FFXIII 360
FFAGITO XIII PSP
3rd birthday PSP
The last two could easily be Wii games but they aren't. Why? Who knows
You don't see why cell phone ports are more appropriate for PSP than Wii?

I think the Wii's 2009 line up is diverse enough to attract pretty much any gamer to some degree. Unless your quarrel is with the platform's inherent technological limitations (a perfectly valid complaint mind you), dismissing most of it as shovelware crap, as many posters here seem to be doing, demonstrates significant ignorance.

Spiegel

Jokeropia said:

They aren't ports because the mobile versions are cancelled. S-E could have adapted the games for the Wii too.

But this conversation has nothing to do with the thread. I only wanted to point that expecting lots of big announcements from S-E seems like an unrealistic expectation atm

zoukka

Jokeropia said:

Funny post considering those games look leagues better than your average Wii game. Actually I think "average" doesn't even cut it.

Cheez-It

Did I see Tennis with motion plus?

As a tennis player, I keep thinking it would affect my strokes negatively in real life...

As a gamer, I want it. Although I do have sincere doubts. How will the player control movement while still only needing to hold the remote? If it involves pressing a button, it will be even worse for tennis players (odd grip). There are many other issues that I find might make the creation of the game very difficult, and the end result poor.

I can only hope it works out!

I think you made some misstakes. (Actually, I KNOW you did)

Takt of Magic is published by Nintendo, not Ubishit.

NMH: DS has not been confirmed to go under Ubishit yet (there is still hope it goes to Xseed!!!).

Pikmin 3 has not been confirmed "TBA 09", only "TBA".

Tales of Mothership is not a tentative title, it's "Tales of ----- (a mothership Tales title seeing as we have no title for it)"

You missed "Line Attack Heros" which is also published by Nintendo.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
There's a lot of padding in that list (seriously? That Melancholy of Haruhi or whatever it's called?)

However, there's lots of games I'm looking forward to on the Wii in 2009. Provided I'm getting enough money to afford them that is.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
-Kh- said:
FF13 will at least come out during FY2009 that gives room until march 2010 :lol
I really doubt that, only a demo will finally hit early next year. It'll come out in Japan before March 2010 but localization + the 360 version will keep it from coming out here for at least 6-12 months after the Japanese release. GT5 and a new retail Ratchet are more likely than FFXIII in 2009.

batbeg

ivysaur12 said:
There are actually a ton of games I want. 2009 is going to be a good year.

This. Holy shit does next year look insane for me, and that's just one of the platforms. Although I'm sure a bunch of them will drop, but just so far, there's about 30 games in that list I'm interested in, half of which I'm already expecting to buy day one.

Haunted

gg GAF

So many fucking trolls in most Wii and PC threads, readability continues to go down the drain.

mods need to step the fuck up once again. ;_; Seriously, people dismissing Punch-Out! don't deserve their fucking posting privileges.

Although I'm totally part of the problem because I won't even put some effort into an official Monster Lab thread. Then again, trolls would tear it apart anyway so why bother in the first place. :/

edit: and just to not bitch all the time, these are the 2009 titles we know about. Keep Nintendo's new "we'll anounce it 12 minutes before the game is released" strategy in mind and I am sure that this (already solid, if bloated) list will only grow.

It's a good list, though i'm sure some of those game will release and suck, happens all the time with threads like this, no matter the system.

3rd year looking good for Wii.

Tim-E

Zomg nothing on that list looks interesting at all! The Wii fad will die any day now, rite?!?!

Will pick up Punch-Out, Sin and Punishment 2, the Conduit, and House of the Dead: Overkill at the very least, probably a few more. :D

for us so far:

Day one:
Little King Story
Another Code
Rune Factory
Pikmin 3
Wii Sports Resort

very likely:
Mad World
Mushroom Men
Punch-Out
Muramasa
Let's Tap
Taiko Drum Master

Like Haunted said already I think there will be some more announced next year.

The first half of next year certainly looks better than the last half of this year, several games I will consider if they turn out well (Sonic, Conduit, Mad World, Punch-Out, Sky Crawlers).

kenji

i will buy

tales of symphonia 2
sonic unleashed
mad world
muramasa the demon blade
tatsunoko vs capcom
sin and punishment 2
klonoa
arc rise fantasia
fragile
rune factory frontier
little king's story
sonic and the black knight
kizuna
the conduit
the sky crawlers
tales of ...
pikmin 3

*___*

MarkusRJR

These are the games I'm for sure getting:
-Mad World
-Sin & Punishment 2
-Punch Out!!
-Monster Hunter 3
-Trace Memory R
-Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean
-Fatal Frame 4
-The Conduit
-Red Steel 2
-Wii Sports Resort
-Tales of ________
-Pikmin 1/2 Wii ports
-Pikmin 3
-Metroid Prime 1/2 Wii ports
-No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

These are the games I'm going to get if I have any spare money:
-Sonic and the Black Knight
-Taiko Drum Master Wii
-The House of the Dead: Overkill
-The Calling
-Tenchu 4
-Kizuna
-Cosmic Walker
-Muramasa: The Demon Blade
-Fragile

Damn. R.I.P. wallet. You were a good friend.

Hazaro said:
Guh...

I guess I'll hang on to my wii for Conduit and Madworld.

Rest I don't care about.

Don't care about or don't know about? How many of these games had you even heard of before this thread?

[Nintex]

CO_Andy said:
You're right, I actually want Nintendo to keep going like this, dropping the occasional Zelda/Mario title once every 2 years and add in some stuff that I'd buy like Sin & Punishment. Right now I've got a bunch of new games and there's 2 or 3 that I haven't even started yet and Banjo is coming up next week and Gears is freaking amazing. How the hell am I going to continue with Okami, start RE4:Wii, finish Red Alert 3 and begin with Castlevania Order of Ecclesia at the same time?

Eteric Rice

So games that would be considered interesting (even now) on the PS2 are now considered shovelware.

Awesome.

I bet if most of these games were on the other two consoles, people would be excited for them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lich_King said:
2009 has so many interesting games for Wii, but I think 2010 is going to be even better :D

What do you know? :eek:
It's Kid Icarus, isn't it? :O

The list of games is great, and right in line with the types of games I love to play. I'm scared that a lot of those won't make their way to the US though. Especially Fatal Frame.

This thread needs to be sexified if it doesn't get locked though. Something like this.

RJT

Eteric Rice said:
So games that would be considered interesting (even now) on the PS2 are now considered shovelware.

Awesome.

I bet if most of these games were on the other two consoles, people would be excited for them.
Of course. They would be HD! HD, man!!!
You know, the thing PC gamers have been playing since 2002. Of course, they were elitist fucks back then, calling us casuals. Not us though. We're the shit!

Top Bottom