• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

scitek

Anteater said:
Is it just me or there's these weird dithering or noise on some of those crysis2 shots? What causes them?

Are you specifically referring to the two posts above yours? If it's the streaks appearing in the darkness, that's rain.

Echoplx

Sorry about the fraps overlay, forgot I had it on :(

2011-07-05_00001qsbx.jpg

twfc2011-07-0600-00-23oj7z.jpg

Anteater

scitek said:
Are you specifically referring to the two posts above yours? If it's the streaks appearing in the darkness, that's rain.

Yea, not just those 2 shots though, it's probably the dof effect as Darkeus said, you could see them on the aliens and some of the area near the blur areas of those shots, they're kind of like those patches of patterns you see on the witcher 2 but smaller.

GTA 4 with iCEnhancer and a better texture mod.

gtaiv2011-07-0519-37-47jzb.jpg

gtaiv2011-07-0519-53-38jfb.jpg

Game could really use some aa which there is problems with but this is one hell of a change from the unmodded version.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Managed to get Super Street Fighter 4 AE down from Steam despite the sales server rapeage and damn did I forget how nice it could look. The hot seat mode is also a ton of fun.

ssfiv2011-07-0600-10-4o784.jpg

ssfiv2011-07-0602-28-1877u.jpg

Finally after months of lurking I can post, so I'll start with two screens from 2 mods I recently installed.

GTA4 - iCEnhancer. Wish I could get the AA sorted. Seems other people have some FXAA happening, mine has broken DOF and no AA, for some reason.

2011070600013.jpg

Doom 3 - Sikkmod 1.1 This mod used to have GI, i wish it still did, but it still looks great.

2011070600005.jpg

Wow Van Buren, you really nailed the config.
Second pic with the lighting and reflection in the floor is god tier.

A request:
You should get some custom road textures (like fiona 5's) and a nice car pack and then upload some new screenshots.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I forgot to crop them before uploading, I'm sorry. How can some companies still not support things like 16:10 without black bars...
2aa3e8fdd73156c333ba3fb5532d9cf379165d48.png

903eac5fc713f23d714731ce71af41f86d75098d.png

Alextended said:
*AssCreedBro*[/QUOTE]

One thing I can't stand about the game is this wierd haze that turns up at the front of the screen whenever bright parts are visible, like the sun/lit rooves and ground etc.

It just looks like this really silly photoshop gaussian blur thing that's floating over my vision. Mutes the game and makes it look low contrast and grossness.

Your shots seem fine though. Maybe something broke?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't know, it does seem to have a blur like you say. I like the lighting and colors contrast when it looks like the shot with the horse. Those pics except the first couple are with max settings and 8x multisampling, the game runs really well on my aging PC surprisingly enough. It's still aliased though, more so in motion.

Roarer

SiriusTexra said:
One thing I can't stand about the game is this wierd haze that turns up at the front of the screen whenever bright parts are visible, like the sun/lit rooves and ground etc.

It just looks like this really silly photoshop gaussian blur thing that's floating over my vision. Mutes the game and makes it look low contrast and grossness.

Your shots seem fine though. Maybe something broke?

I guess it's supposed to simulate the way your vision tries to adjust whenever you look down on the ground when the sun is overhead, shining brightly. probably is a technical term for that, but the effect is that of a bright wide horizontal band on the top part of the screen.

I kind of like it when used during actual daylight/outdoors scenes. The problem is, the effect is not based on real time calculations, so it shows up in doors and in the shade as well (as long as it's sun outside), completely breaking the immersion. Too bad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alextended said:
I forgot to crop them before uploading, I'm sorry. How can some companies still not support things like 16:10 without black bars...
I wouldn't sweat 16:10 black bars as much because there is hardly anything there. What prompted the rule was some 4:3 screens that had black bars that were like half the screen shot lololol.

SiriusTexra said:
Finally after months of lurking I can post, so I'll start with two screens from 2 mods I recently installed.

GTA4 - iCEnhancer. Wish I could get the AA sorted. Seems other people have some FXAA happening, mine has broken DOF and no AA, for some reason.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1803/2011070600013.jpg

Doom 3 - Sikkmod 1.1 This mod used to have GI, i wish it still did, but it still looks great.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7698/2011070600005.jpg

DUUUUDE!!! I've never seen that mod and it looks AMAZING!!! What's GI?? And could you get more pics of Doom 3 with that Mod??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom