• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ugh

Lakers gonna beat the Mavs in 5

They'll be playing game 2 before Spurs/Thunder game 1 -_-

Black Mamba said:
3rd year in a row Portland falls short. Twice considered favorites.

Portland's style of play is not conducive to playoff success. I stand by it.

Eh, that doesn't really make sense. Their offense is almost entirely different now. The houston series relied on brandon roy iso's and outside shooting with oden/mini-cousin as the only post threats. Now they still run pick and pop sometimes, but there's a lot more posting of cousin and matthews/wallace/roy/miller all attack the rim.

I think the biggest issue is the fact that they can't really space the floor. Portland needs another post presence (oden) and a consistent (not rudy) shooter to keep their opponents honest.

kevo_huevo said:
mavs/lakers could be an instant classic.

or go horribly wrong for the mavs.

mavs in 7?

Actually, it could very well be a sweep. I don´t trust the Mavs.

Realistically, i think it ends in six games.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sho_Nuff82 said:
I just realized that since the Mavs are in the second round, Caron Butler might actually play again this year.

If he can move they could definitely use his slashing, Mavs have no one who can force the issue in the fourth.

That NEVER works out for anybody. Player comes back too early, still out of shape, sucks, destroys team balance and then gets re-injured a few months later.

SamuraiX-

Black Mamba said:
Mavs are 4-34 in Staples Center.

BELIEVE!

We all know regular season means shit.

And considering the Lakers and Mavs have only met three times in the Playoffs in their history (the last time in 1988), anything is fucking possible at this point.

charsace

Raging Spaniard said:
I like this Blazers team ... but I dont see how they can go from 1st round vets to contenders ... unless Oden comes back, stays healthy and becomes an all-star I think you should start from scratch at this point.
rofl

Branduil

reilo said:
If ESPN is your source of argument, then you automatically lose said argument, no?
Well they picked the Spurs, so yeah.

Black Mamba said:
3rd year in a row Portland falls short. Twice considered favorites.

Portland's style of play is not conducive to playoff success. I stand by it.

Yeah, that have-a-bunch-of-your-players-suffer-career-altering-injuries strategy hasn't worked out too hot for some reason.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
charsace said:
I like Spaniard, but that's idiotic. Especially with Aldridge emerging as a franchise altering PF right as he's beginning his prime. Matthews has proven to be a starting quality SG and two-way player, and Nicolas Batum and Gerald Wallace are a great small-forward tandem.

The only questions remain at PG (Miller has 2-3 years left, but no viable backup point-guard), backup shooting guard (we'll have to see what Brandon can provide for a whole season), backup power-forward and center.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
thekad said:
Home court, media favorites, injuries to the other team. Blazers still got dominated.

Blazers didnt have home court and yeah, none of those years were the Blazers healthy.

charsace

reilo said:
I like Spaniard, but that's idiotic. Especially with Aldridge emerging as a franchise altering PF right as he's beginning his prime. Matthews has proven to be a starting quality SG and two-way player, and Nicolas Batum and Gerald Wallace are a great small-forward tandem.

The only questions remain at PG (Miller has 2-3 years left, but no viable backup point-guard), backup shooting guard (we'll have to see what Brandon can provide for a whole season), backup power-forward and center.
Blazers need a center and a pg because Miller is getting to that point where you have to send him off to the glue factory. Roy contract is fucking bad though.

Raging Spaniard

reilo said:

I just don't see it. Im not saying they wont be good but all those pieces you say are lacking means keep 3 guys and start from scratch pretty much.

Keep Nate, Aldridge, Batum and Wallace.

If Roy and Greg come back REAL strong ... then yeah, anythings possible ... I just dont see it happening.

lol @ feigning shock at the idea of Portland being favored. They were favored in some places, 50/50 in others. That's pretty telling for a 3 vs 6 matchup.

threenote said:
man, blazers suck so much. They had a huge opportunity to take this series, but they gave up.

Dallas is a better team. Blazers offense is so fucking ugly.

Here is the schedule for the Lakers’ Western Conference semifinals series against Dallas:
Game 1: Mon., May 2, at Staples Center, 7:30 p.m. Pacific (TNT)
Game 2: Wed., May 4, at Staples Center, 7:30 p.m. Pacific (TNT)
Game 3: Fri., May 6, at Dallas, 6:30 p.m. Pacific (ESPN)
Game 4: Sun., May 8, at Dallas, 12:30 p.m. Pacific (ABC)
Game 5 (if necessary): Tue., May 10, at Staples Center, TBD (TNT)
Game 6 (if necessary): Thurs., May 12, at Dallas, TBD (ESPN)
Game 7 (if necessary): Sun., May 15, at Staples Center, 12:30 p.m. Pacific (ABC)
Reporting from New Orleans

Early Sunday Games. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

must close before 7th!

reilo said:

Batum is the Homeless Man's Past Prime AK47 and you can't win with those type of players at SF in the playoffs, G-Force has little left in the tank. The team has no Tier 1 players, one Tier 2 player, no Tier 3 players, and one Tier 4 player. You need a Tier 1, Tier 2, and two Tier 3 players or three Tier 2 players who perfectly complement each other to win in the NBA.

Black Mamba said:
Here is the schedule for the Lakers’ Western Conference semifinals series against Dallas:
Game 7 (if necessary): Sun., May 15, at Staples Center, 12:30 p.m. Pacific (ABC)

must close before 7th!

i think the mavs are damn near winless on ABC afternoon/early games to be honest.

Black Mamba said:

must close before 7th!

Ugh. Games that don't end until after midnight FTL. AND an early Sunday game.

thekad

Banned
StickSoldier said:
I really can't believe we've never seen this before. Even when the Mavs lose, the battle between Kobe and Dirk should be awesome; Possibly Tmac vs Dirk like?

T-Mac then was better than Kobe ever was.

The M.O.B said:
We are way past 20,000 posts, shouldnt we have a Round 2 thread up soon?

wow

Pkaz01

The battle of the best PGs in the playoffs is about to begin.

Kidd vs Fisher the real epic matchup of the series.

Terry and Brown will have a battle of who can hurt their team more off the bench.

So many interesting match ups!! seriously though heat vs celtics will be fun grizz vs thunder will be interesting.

Raging Spaniard said:
I just don't see it. Im not saying they wont be good but all those pieces you say are lacking means keep 3 guys and start from scratch pretty much.

Keep Nate, Aldridge, Batum and Wallace.

If Roy and Greg come back REAL strong ... then yeah, anythings possible ... I just dont see it happening.

Whaaaaaaaat? Why would you blow up the team right now? Matthews has been really solid all year, camby is a pretty good backup to a healthy oden, and I hate to break it to you, but roy is never going to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom