• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Lime

Skyrim with modded Jasmin ENB v. 4.9

tesv2012-08-0820-37-0b4usk.png

tesv2012-08-0822-19-1hcusg.png

Lime

Skyrim Jasmin (again)

tesv2012-08-0723-22-1qsze0.png

tesv2012-08-0801-15-084yxl.png

It is such a different experience playing the game with Jasmin compared to when I did it during release. Obviously the texture mods are helping the look of the game, but the lighting and DoF is simply superb with ENB and its SSAO.

Just WOW!

Which mods do you have besides jasmin enb 4.9?

I customized Jasmin, so that it has a wider DoF range, as well as brighter nights.

I use a shit ton of mods, though. The most visually important ones are:

Code:
XCE Character Enhancement (Xenus' faces, bodies, eyes, etc. in one mod)
Apachiskyhair
Better Dynamic Snow
Farmhouse and villages 
Enhanced Blood
Better Rock and Mountains
HD Better Reflections for Armor and Weapons
HD Cinematic Fire Effects
High Resolution Armors 
Higher Poly Skyrim
Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs
Improved NPC Clothing
Isimeriel LOTR weapons (stunning 3D work)
Lush Grass
Lush Trees
Millenia Weapon Retexture Project
Realistic Smoke and Embers
Ruins Clutter
Realistitc Water Textures
Serious HD Texture 
Skyrim HD - 2K textures (all of them)
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul
Sun and cloud textures
Sunglare v4
TreesHD
Weapons and armor fixes

witch is your GPU?

Unlocked 6950 at default clocking with an unlocked X3 720 BE. Getting around 35 FPS in demanding areas (Whiterun), 50-60 in interior levels.

Loginius

I just tried Jasmin (the preset posted and some of the original versions) sadly I didn't like it very much, interiors look very nice but the colors are strange (too much brown and everything looks "wet")

Outdoors look like they belong in a comic at times and the sky looks awful...
it also lacks quite a few features like complex indirect lighting or sun rays.

either I´m doing something wrong or the difference in taste is just that big.

You can do some very nice shots with it.

ibd5k9p0lWOZ3p.png

Im going to stick with my old preset.

iqCocCyx8HDWp.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The 2012 Skyrim ENB thread of Everything Is Blurred to Shit.

Spazznid

The 2012 Skyrim ENB thread of Everything Is Blurred to Shit.

Hush, now! Look at Skyrim when played in a FoV of 120!
ibrRMIz8e5gMYB.bmp

ibbQzF7zGPZ6K7.bmp

I finally Got my mods set up nicely (lol, until tomorrow when I decide I want more...)

Might pop some more shots up tomorrow if I'm not too busy playing GeeDub Dos.

The ENB depth of field effect looks better in motion, but it's still pretty bad.

Bad, how? like quality? that's changable, but for the performance hit, not always adviseable. I know some other ENBs use different styles of Blur (Gaussian, Bokeh, and one looks sort of anaglyphic like red and blue tints) Also there are settings for the quality of each, IIRC. Or are you talking about the practicality of DoF?
I play with it off a lot of times, so I can agree on that. It's not always so essential.

Continued... My game somehow glitched the camera when I was spawning at a Hospital after dying + ALT-TABing. The game went into classic GTA1/2 camera, so took some screens and video(eta on video will be a while)

I could control Niko and everything just fine but I was stuck in this camera mode until I died.

STOCK GTA4 - 2560x1600 maxed w/SMAA +this ENB 2.1 mod (playable in the 20s)

iUcetzmE49Y8W.jpg

ilecMxaHPoLil.jpg

Shaneus

Does anyone have a link to instructions on getting whatever ENB version working with GTA4/LCS? Is performance any better than vanilla?

Does anyone have a link to instructions on getting whatever ENB version working with GTA4/LCS? Is performance any better than vanilla?

in my case performance was about the same on a 6 year old rig with a 560 and a Phenom 2 Quadcore @ 3GHz.

In newer intel machines or sandy bridges I've head of increased performance.

Why are people fucking with the vanilla witcher settings. All of that looks way worse than it did originally.

Borderlands always looks awesome.

Velcrochicken

Neo Member
I'm having similar issues with Sikkmod. I've disabled CatalystAI but depending on what I choose in the Sikkmod options I end up with wildly different visual problems; everything from complete white screen to horribly skewed fields of vision. Is there anything else I could try?

What drivers are you running? I know Sikkmod dosnt like some releases.

(sorry for late response)

Dr. Light

Alan Wake. Maxed out settings with 8xMSAA and High FXAA. One card wasn't quite enough, running at about 50-55 average. I activated a 2nd card and it breezes at a 90fps average. :) Didn't even bother testing it with the full Trifire, my new policy is that I always test with one card first and work my way up, never using more than it actually needs.

112c04145c5c362f1628b8bd269bfb8d92f629f0.jpg

911fabfa39deb1132b71881e4aecc7cee58b395e.jpg

This game looks shockingly good for a 360 port, at least until the shitty compressed 720p/30fps cinematics kicked in and it's like I'm getting kicked in the balls. Developers: STOP DOING THAT. This is PC gaming.

STOCK GTA4 - 2560x1600 maxed w/SMAA +this ENB 2.1 mod (playable in the 20s)

You and I have different definitions of "playable", bro...

Top Bottom