• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

sp3000

Get Unreal 227 patch, and some high res textures, it will look much better.
http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Website/Downloads/Textures/HighEnd/MasterFiles/MasterFilesHighEnd.htm

enb2012_1_17_22_51_54ixr1c.png

enb2011_10_20_23_2_4v1joh.png

I also use a modified ENB configuration that looks good with the lighting, but it only works with DX9 which I think is better because of it.

How's Reckoning? It looks pretty hit or miss on the graphics.

It's not bad. The art design is decent and the combat effects are somewhat pretty, but the tech behind the game just doesn't seem to be made to push the visuals, which is a shame for a game attempting such an ambitious scope.

As for the game itself, the combat is pretty fun. Hack and slash click spam + hotbar/hotkey skills. Kind of plays like a single player MMO, though I can't say much about the quests, I figure I'll play the full version so I didn't do much past the first town in the demo. I'm disappointed in the world layout design, I really hate this kind of "open world" that's comprised of very closed off/path-y zones, unless they're massive, which these are not.

Check out the demo impressions thread too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459187

Symphonic

It's not bad. The art design is decent and the combat effects are somewhat pretty, but the tech behind the game just doesn't seem to be made to push the visuals, which is a shame for a game attempting such an ambitious scope.

As for the game itself, the combat is pretty fun. Hack and slash click spam + hotbar/hotkey skills. Kind of plays like a single player MMO, though I can't say much about the quests, I figure I'll play the full version so I didn't do much past the first town in the demo. I'm disappointed in the world layout design, I really hate this kind of "open world" that's comprised of very closed off/path-y zones, unless they're massive, which these are not.

Check out the demo impressions thread too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459187

Downloaded the demo, gonna try it out. Thanks :)

The Crysis 2 temporal AA filter has to go. Makes the texture pack useless as it blurs everything anyway.

I tried the game without it but the aliasing screwed the whole image, and forcing more MSAA (or Edge Detect) just slaughtered my performance, as what I'm showing you is how I play the game (and even now, I get 15fps slowdowns =S... but if I managed to play Castlevania: LoS and the original Crysis almost on release date, I can play this one easily at this performance)

I know it bothers a lot of you guys, but still it looks great (at least to me). I just imagine that this is how KZ2 could have looked on 1080p =P

edit:
And BTW the difference between Vanilla Crysis 2 and HD Textures Crysis 2, even with TAA enable, is enormous!

Dynamic3

Is anyone else getting very apparent texture pop-in in Amalur?

Also, load times seemed incredibly slow to me (for instance just entering the blacksmith in town), even though I have a Vertex 2 and an 2500K @ 4.5.

scitek

I tried the game without it but the aliasing screwed the whole image, and forcing more MSAA (or Edge Detect) just slaughtered my performance, as what I'm showing you is how I play the game (and even now, I get 15fps slowdowns =S... but if I managed to play Castlevania: LoS and the original Crysis almost on release date, I can play this one easily at this performance)

I know it bothers a lot of you guys, but still it looks great (at least to me). I just imagine that this is how KZ2 could have looked on 1080p =P

edit:
And BTW the difference between Vanilla Crysis 2 and HD Textures Crysis 2, even with TAA enable, is enormous!

Try adding these to your autoexec.cfg and see if you like it.

r_postmsaa = 2
r_postmsaaedgefilternv = 2
r_useedgeaa = 3

That's what I use. It's not perfect, but it's better than the default blur.

Crysis 2

crysis22012-01-1723-1crqqc.png

crysis22012-01-1723-16rrpx.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I gave Crysis 2 a quick spin yesterday. Amazing going from Skyrim to that, having Crysis 2 look ten fold more impressive and run so much better. Even with shonky DX11 effects pushed out the wazoo my performance is considerably better than Skyrim, and Arkham City. I really gotta give Crytek props for that one. As dodgy at the tessellation looks at times, it doesn't hinder my performance anywhere near as much as some other games, and usually looks better too.

On another note, does anybody know how to enable ambient occlusions in Mass Effect 2? I'm using nVidia Inspector, setting usage to enabled, tinkered with quality/performance, but the effect is not showing up in game. Anti-aliasing works, but not AO.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That ME2 texture mod is pretty damn fantastic. Really faithful to the original style though in a significantly higher resolution. Character textures are what they should be for a PC game.

Two quick snaps. Nothing special. Still need to finish Dark Souls before I really get into ME2 again.

1xny28.jpg

2p4zx1.jpg

That ME2 texture mod is pretty damn fantastic. Really faithful to the original style though in a significantly higher resolution. Character textures are what they should be for a PC game.

Two quick snaps. Nothing special. Still need to finish Dark Souls before I really get into ME2 again.

1xny28.jpg

2p4zx1.jpg

Damn, wish I had the time to build a pc gaming rig. Currently playing ME1 again on 360, can't wait to dig into ME2 again. The gameplay is so much better there.

Ricker

I see you guys are using Abload or something for images now....Tinypic use to work great but for some reason,it doesn't work anymore?...is there an english ABload site? do you have to register to use it? the only one I found is in Deutch or german or something...

NBtoaster

I see you guys are using Abload or something for images now....Tinypic use to work great but for some reason,it doesn't work anymore?...is there an english ABload site? do you have to register to use it? the only one I found is in Deutch or german or something...

Tinypic has been banned for a while.

abload is only in German, but it isn't hard to use. You can google translate any part of the sign up process that isn't obvious, that's what I did.

EatChildren

Abload is only in German, but it's very easy to navigate. Picture of the house with the plus is for uploading local files (from your computer), meanwhile the globe with the plus is uploading files from the internet. Click the house and then just upload as many images as you want, or click the globe and paste in URLs of the images you wish to rehost.

Click 'Abload!' and you're good to go.

Theonik

The game hasn't aged all that well but it's still interesting to see how far we've gone over the past few years in terms of visuals.
cod2sp_s2012-01-1523-uaqn7.png

cod2sp_s2012-01-1523-w0q93.png

Poor Sashenka we hardly knew ye.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I gave Crysis 2 a quick spin yesterday. Amazing going from Skyrim to that, having Crysis 2 look ten fold more impressive and run so much better. Even with shonky DX11 effects pushed out the wazoo my performance is considerably better than Skyrim, and Arkham City. I really gotta give Crytek props for that one. As dodgy at the tessellation looks at times, it doesn't hinder my performance anywhere near as much as some other games, and usually looks better too.

you really gotta give Nvidia props for this one because it runs like 3x times worse than Skyrim for me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm convinced that in 2030 we'll all be posting shots from Battlefield xXxtreme Future Warz and Limbo 12. And our brave companion, Snuggler, will still be posting Witcher shots.

Heh, probably. I'll still be posting Witcher shots in 2030 since I'll still be playing the Witcher. I should stop neglecting the rest of my library but I just can't get enough Geralt.

On a side note, I didn't notice the aliasing when I posted those shots. Not sure what happened there, I'm forcing extra and it's not present in my other shots. How embarrassing!

iNvid02

Is there any advantages to signing up?

get a history of your uploaded pics, create albums, see how much bandwidth/hits each image has etc plus quite a few other post upload options

its worth creating an account if your gonna post screenshots frequently

Top Bottom