• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

I'm not sure whether I like this trend of downsampling images...

I didn't think that's what the 'Hi-Res PC Screenshot' Thread was all about...

scitek

Replaying this level for the second time ever, I realize why it was cut from the console version. It's like 10 minutes long, if that.

crysis2012-01-1613-41faj9q.png

And this...

crysis2012-01-1614-285bjhg.png

...is where the game just crashed on me.

Sethos

Banned
i posted thumbnails not pics

Means you post two full-sized pictures like everyone else is doing, if you have additional pictures you do another post or post them as thumbnails. Not as in you post everything as thumbnails.

kx11

Banned
Means you post two full-sized pictures like everyone else is doing, if you have additional pictures you do another post or post them as thumbnails. Not as in you post everything as thumbnails.

i think thumbnails are cooler than full size pics

He was linking to the "thumbnail" that minus creates that leads to the full size screens when clicked on.

Wasn't really talking about that, seems that nobody that plays at 2560 is posting their shots at full res any more... myself included, down sampling makes screens look better for sure, but I didn't think that was what these threads were about.

Down sampling shouldn't be allowed.

iNvid02

Wasn't really talking about that, seems that nobody that plays at 2560 is posting their shots at full res any more... myself included, down sampling makes screens look better for sure, but I didn't think that was what these threads were about.

i started downsampling ages ago, decided 1680x1050 was enough to fit on everyones screens who come in here

but yeah seems like everybody is doing it now, i dont really have a problem as long as shots aren't smaller than that res.

maybe 1080p should be the minimum for this thread, i would be ok with this too

iNvid02

WHY ARE YOU USING BMP?????????? Not all of us have 100Mbps connections. :|

Convert to PNG. You can use something like xnview or irfanview to batch convert BMP to PNG. Then erase the BMP.

seriously, converting a 6mb bmp to png will not have any effect on the quality, use abload it autoconverts for you to 2mb pngs

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Stop making me want to get Unreal. I already passed up that deal on gamersgate and there is no going back until a new sale.

x3sphere

We've been over this before. No downsampling below 1080p seems like a happy medium. I doubt a lot of 1080p users want to scroll all the way to the side to see our gigantic 1600p shots.

Are you using SSAA? When myself and a few others were playing a year or two ago AA was pretty much broken and the only way to get it working was a registry hack to enable super sampling.

Nope, just 4xMSAA and no downsampling. Forcing it through Nvidia Inspector with a compatability bit of 0x000112C1 that I got from the Steam forums.

Oh I do so love F.E.A.R's combat. The game design is more repetitive then it really should be(there's like, 3-4 enemy types you fight for several hours across sterile office buildings and apartments), but the combination of hard-hitting weapons, ragdoll physics, and actually intelligent enemy AI keeps the battles engaging and fun throughout.

Erudite

Great Bulletstorm shots. Bugs me so much that they never patched in proper 16:10 support. Hate the black borders I get when playing on my 22".

kx11

Banned
well i'm lucky i purchased a 16:9 22' display , all games support 16:9 i think

but i hate the tearing i get , is it because i'm connected through a DVI>Hdmi cable ??

Oreoleo

Nope, just 4xMSAA and no downsampling. Forcing it through Nvidia Inspector with a compatability bit of 0x000112C1 that I got from the Steam forums.

Ah ha, I figured if it wasn't with the registry it was some Nvidia black magic shenanigans. My 5770 has served me very, very well but I can't wait to jump back on the Nvidia bandwagon.

Sethos

Banned
How's performance with the ENB mod? Is it working with Steam EFLC version as well?

All depends on the config you use. It's doable getting 40-50FPS with a decent looking config on a high-end system. Most configs tank FPS pretty badly. There's some configs that work with Steam versions but they are pretty shit, you need retail running 1.0.4.0 to get the full glory.

Taking an Audi for a drive in the rain

0xYoe.png

rp7Np.png

Top Bottom