• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Branduil

look at Shaq's playoff competition. outside of the Spurs, no one could put any bodies on him. Vlade Divac and Scot Pollard weren't going to do shit. Dikembe couldn't do shit. He just pointed and laughed at the entire Nets team. Rik Smits wasn't doing shit. The ONLY team that could provide ANY defensive presence against him was San Antonio, and he ate them alive. He DOMINATED in the post season, and for good reason. if Kobe wasn't on the team, Shaq would have faced triple teams every time down the court probably. Shaq against three guys has a better chance of making a shot than Slava Medvedenko does on an open shot, so might as well triple team him.

How is this paragraph supposed to prove that Kobe was a better player than Shaq?

look at Shaq's playoff competition. outside of the Spurs, no one could put any bodies on him. Vlade Divac and Scot Pollard weren't going to do shit. Dikembe couldn't do shit. He just pointed and laughed at the entire Nets team. Rik Smits wasn't doing shit. The ONLY team that could provide ANY defensive presence against him was San Antonio, and he ate them alive. He DOMINATED in the post season, and for good reason. if Kobe wasn't on the team, Shaq would have faced triple teams every time down the court probably. Shaq against three guys has a better chance of making a shot than Slava Medvedenko does on an open shot, so might as well triple team him.
....Indeed.

He's mad that LeBron won a title without having to fake a knee injury to get it.

He gave it a good try...

lebron-james-carried-off-court-leg-cramp-nba-finals.jpg
pierce.jpg

And Wade is a class act.... I see no double standards here.. At least PP plays straight up like a man and doesn't try to hurt people on fast breaks or throw shoes...
Yea because I said Wade was a saint. Damn front-running heat fans with their double standards.

And lol at throwin shoes...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yea because I said Wade was a saint. Damn front-running heat fans with their double standards.

And lol at throwin shoes...

Never said you he was saint.. But he is a douche bucket.

PP gets mad respect from me.. Wade not so much

And throwing shoes and tantrums is a damn disgrace..

Talented player tho..

aznpxdd

Kobe's 01 WCF series against the Spurs was as sick as anything LeBron did this year.

Not just the Spurs, here's Kobe's stats in 01 post season. Pretty damn good I must say.

vs Portland = 25/8/5/2
vs Sacramento = 35/9/5
vs San Antonio = 33/7/7/2
vs Philly = 25/8/6/1.5

benjipwns

Banned
Cuban destroying Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith is maybe the best thing ever. Although it won't mean anything, as Smith explained. They're openly incompetent, it's impossible to understand what happens during games and they get 45 seconds to a minute on a subject.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Cuban destroying Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith is maybe the best thing ever. Although it won't mean anything, as Smith explained. They're openly incompetent, it's impossible to understand what happens during games and they get 45 seconds to a minute on a subject.

one of the better moments was the cutaway to SAS while Cuban went into Skip. he seemed to be enjoying himself -

SASSkip.gif

Nori Chan

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Prime LeBron would have easily won 3 rings if you replaced Kobe with him for the Lakers three-peat. Any great wing would have probably won a ring with Shaq during that three-peat. Do you not remember how unbelievably dominant Shaq was? It really doesn't matter who else you have when you have an unstoppable center and a great wing. The three-peat with Shaq simply shouldn't be used as evidence for Kobe being better than LeBron.
Prime lebron? It wasn't even prime kobe during those runs

I just realized with Shane Battier and Eddy Curry getting championship rings, the 2001 NBA draft class is full of champions in the top ten. So the real question when is Kwame Brown getting his ring. lol

As Stephen A. said, how much knowledge did he possess before he owned the team and had stat geeks working for him.

Although the Cuban backlash was cool on the surface, nobody cares as much about Xs and Os of the NBA as they do the NFL. And besides, ESPN does a damn good job of respresenting the NFL. Ins/Outs and playcalling.

Maybe the NBA could use some polish, but by saying ALL MEDIA blah blah blah, he just comes off as a scorn ass because he was flat out wrong.

As Stephen A. said, how much knowledge did he possess before he owned the team and had stat geeks working for him.

Although the Cuban backlash was cool on the surface, nobody cares as much about Xs and Os of the NBA as they do the NFL. And besides, ESPN does a damn good job of respresenting the NFL. Ins/Outs and playcalling.

Maybe the NBA could use some polish, but by saying ALL MEDIA blah blah blah, he just comes off as a scorn ass because he was flat out wrong.

I was extremely pissed that Stephen A. stood there and didn't point this all out until after Cuban was gone.

Yeah like Izzy said, did the Mavericks really actually want Barea on him?

That video is appearing all over my facebook like jizz on hunter's face....and it's stupid because of blind love for mark cuban. I fucking LOL when he said "I was just being me, I didn't 'stay out of the spotlight'" referring to last season when he didn't complain

DJ88

Damn it! I just heard about the tickets to get into the private celebration inside the AAA. They went up on Ticketmaster 2 hours ago and they're all gone already.

Bastards are selling them on craigslist like they're tickets to a game, $100+ for lower sections, and they were fucking FREE!

benjipwns

Banned
I think a lot of people here could tell you some of the stuff Cuban was talking about.

There are fans who do this stuff regularly for free.
I'd reckon he was pretty much just talking about the NBA centric media when he said "ALL MEDIA" considering the context of his remarks and how he spends his time.

But if he's said otherwise that's my fault.

I get everybody loves to hate on skip and as a Heat fan he is ridiculous but Cuban was really condescending, saying his kid could drop more knowledge on them. I would love for one of the actual NBA analysts, not reporters or journalists, to give him an education

mark's just a big baby who has a lot of money

benjipwns

Banned
I get everybody loves to hate on skip and as a Heat fan he is ridiculous but Cuban was really condescending, saying his kid could drop more knowledge on them. I would love for one of the actual NBA analysts, not reporters or journalists, to give him an education

mark's just a big baby who has a lot of money
So Cuban's kid vs. Magic?

Top Bottom