• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

I get everybody loves to hate on skip and as a Heat fan he is ridiculous but Cuban was really condescending, saying his kid could drop more knowledge on them. I would love for one of the actual NBA analysts, not reporters or journalists, to give him an education

mark's just a big baby who has a lot of money

Its wild because, ESPN has their Xs and Os people. Who get plenty of air time.

Cuban is still salty nobody cares about his ring.

Im happy SAS owned him with the Odom jab.

abuC

I just realized with Shane Battier and Eddy Curry getting championship rings, the 2001 NBA draft class is full of champions in the top ten. So the real question when is Kwame Brown getting his ring. lol

He's a FA, the Heat went after him during the offseason last summer, expect them to do it again.

charsace

You're more delusional than ice basketball raven reasons and you lie more than Smokey and that's saying a lot.

Dude I lie? In the 2k League I was your tormentor. Don't get brave because I've been playing more single player and indie pc games instead of killing your teeth through the back of your head. Those dark days could easily return son.

Tabris

I'll just come out and say that I hate Lebron James and I think it was one of the most tragic days in sports when the Heat won their championship (Sorry Heat fans)... BUT, the owning Skip Bayless has gotten over the last couple of days is PRICELESS.

This may be old in this thread but check out Mark Cuban absolutely destroy Skip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI&feature=relmfu

And before then, Stephen A Smith gets into it with Skip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A-KYoKTBJs (the scene at 42 secs is awesome)

Soo good!

Back from ban. Congrats to Lebron for playing like a man and finally showing heart. Congrats to the cool dudes from Heat-age. Lebron showed a lot of maturity and earned my respect. Can't hate a dude that plays like that.

Wade can still blow out his knees for being a horrible person though. He is a good player but yeah I want to punch him.

I get everybody loves to hate on skip and as a Heat fan he is ridiculous but Cuban was really condescending, saying his kid could drop more knowledge on them. I would love for one of the actual NBA analysts, not reporters or journalists, to give him an education

mark's just a big baby who has a lot of money

Except that Cuban does actually know how to analyze basketball. He's infatuated with it.

That said, I thought Skip was right on one part in that Lebron mentally checked out last Finals and Cuban didn't accept any of that. But he was right that it was unfair to not credit the Mavs at all for it. It was a combo of the two.

Cuban's main point, however, that the media is a bunch of blowhards to write shit just for to stir up shit for entertainment and most of it means nothing, is true. I think Lebron was a bit of an exception last season, since he even admitted it, that he listened to the critics. 99% of the time, players don't give a fuck what is said about them if it's not personal (like family or something).

And I loved that someone finally called out the "they played harder" or "wanted it more" bullshit. I hate when someone says a team wanted it more and that's why they won. Regular season, sure it happens. NBA Finals? Give me a fucking break.

Except that Cuban does actually know how to analyze basketball. He's infatuated with it.

That said, I thought Skip was right on one part in that Lebron mentally checked out last Finals and Cuban didn't accept any of that. But he was right that it was unfair to not credit the Mavs at all for it. It was a combo of the two.

Cuban's main point, however, that the media is a bunch of blowhards to write shit just for to stir up shit for entertainment and most of it means nothing, is true. I think Lebron was a bit of an exception last season, since he even admitted it, that he listened to the critics. 99% of the time, players don't give a fuck what is said about them if it's not personal (like family or something).

And I loved that someone finally called out the "they played harder" or "wanted it more" bullshit. I hate when someone says a team wanted it more and that's why they won. Regular season, sure it happens. NBA Finals? Give me a fucking break.

The Mavs had a lot to do with Bron checking out though. They cut off his lane and never let him get in like he usually does. Forcing him to shoot those horrible jumpers. They also had players that were not afraid of getting in front of Lebron either. Skips just thinks Lebron chose to shoot those jumpers.

The Mavs had a lot to do with Bron checking out though. They cut off his lane and never let him get in like he usually does. Forcing him to shoot those horrible jumpers. They also had players that were not afraid of getting in front of Lebron either. Skips just thinks Lebron chose to shoot those jumpers.

Which is why I said it's both. Dallas affected him. Lebron then checked out and didn't shoot, period. Played hot potato often.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its wild because, ESPN has their Xs and Os people. Who get plenty of air time.

Cuban is still salty nobody cares about his ring.

Im happy SAS owned him with the Odom jab.
WHO THE FUCK COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE TALKING ABOUT

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Great basketball minds like Kurt Rambis, who I heard on ESPN Radio this morning, talking about adjustments Scott Brooks should have made. He then followed that up by admitting he didn't know Eric Maynor's name.

Bruce-Bowen-face.jpg

Puddles

Banned
It certainly was during years 2 and 3 of the 3peat. You could have put Vince Carter or Tracy McGrady on those teams and they would have chipped.

If you think Vince fucking Carter or T-Mac would have drawn that pivotal late Game 6 foul against Bibby, you're sorely mistaken.

Without Kobe stepping up and taking the hard hit from Bibby's forehead, that series is over.

PBY

Banned
One of the best side effects of this finals win is that I finally think people are coming around to see through Skip Bayless' shtick. Love or hate Lebron, I don't understand how anyone could watch Skip's show and think that he's being rational. The way people perceive Fox News should be the way people perceive Skip to present an extreme example.

bjb

Banned
One of the best side effects of this finals win is that I finally think people are coming around to see through Skip Bayless' shtick. Love or hate Lebron, I don't understand how anyone could watch Skip's show and think that he's being rational. The way people perceive Fox News should be the way people perceive Skip to present an extreme example.

The ratings for First Take aren't bad at all.

benjipwns

Banned
What you're missing is that ESPN mostly provides the X's and O's. Skip's an outlier.

Pimpwerx

Who's bright idea was it to do it on a Monday???

Heat Culture amirite???

I don't think Micky planned ahead for the parade. I think he waited until we won it, then they had no choice but to make it Monday. The weekend costs extra. The problem is it's likely to rain Monday. I'll still be there though. PEACE.

"How much of this subject did he know before he learned anything about this subject?"

I mean, really?

What he's really saying is how much did Mark know about what the Mavs were doing unless they were telling him?

Like I said, if Mark claims he and his 2 1/2 year old son can analyze just as well, then I'd like to see how smart he sounds when he tries to analyze the intricacies of what other teams do.

23:6 KJV

Banned
What he's really saying is how much did Mark know about what the Mavs were doing unless they were telling him?

Like I said, if Mark claims he and his 2 1/2 year old son can analyze just as well, then I'd like to see how smart he sounds when he tries to analyze the intricacies of what other teams do.

I don't know, that's still kind of silly. It's like saying "well you didn't know algebra until your math teacher taught you it".

I mean, no shit. Gotta learn from someone.

Why hasn't Skip, who is theoretically meant to be analyzing this sport for us, gone and learned it from someone else too? It's laughable.

I don't know, that's still kind of silly. It's like saying "well you didn't know algebra until your math teacher taught you it".

I mean, no shit. Gotta learn from someone.

Why hasn't Skip, who is theoretically meant to be analyzing this sport for us, gone and learned it from someone else too? It's laughable.

The accusation is more about whether he learned anything at all: is Cuban really just parroting shit he was told by others. Typical executive behavior, so wouldn't be surprising.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The accusation is more about whether he learned anything at all: is Cuban really just parroting shit he was told by others. Typical executive behavior, so wouldn't be surprising.

And it still trumps Skip so why the fuck are we even on this...

"How much of this subject did he know before he learned anything about this subject?"

I mean, really?

He owns the team, of course he can mouth off shit about percentages here and percentages there for that possession.

That isnt SAS or Skips job to know. It is their damn job to generalize about sports. So, Mark, as I said was just a dick about it.

Can't really call the guy a fool when he make billions. I think what you're trying to say is that he not as smart as he thinks basketball knowledge wise. Not a fool though.

Yeah that's basically what I mean haha

I definitely don't have that level of a basketball knowledge of an analyst obviously but he's really just a big Mavs fan that has power, money, and a platform and likes to use it

and to be fair to him when Skip basically called him a prima donna by listing off shark tank and his other ventures, I think that was wrong. he is a prima donna about NBA stuff though, but a guy like Cuban just likes to do a lot of shit. that's how he got to be a billionaire

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
He owns the team, of course he can mouth off shit about percentages here and percentages there for that possession.

That isnt SAS or Skips job to know. It is their damn job to generalize about sports. So, Mark, as I said was just a dick about it.

wtf. Skip and SAS ply their trade as sports journalists. instead of basing their views objectively on execution they instead wax prosaic on subjective nonsense they only believe in, throwing figures in as needed to suit those narratives. that Skip couldn't even answer Mark's basic question on zone defense then highlights another point - Skip knows shit.

both SAS and Skip have ample opportunities to pour over game footage in pre-meeting before they shoot if they wanted. i think Skip's even admitted at some point that he sometimes glances at a box score and doesn't even watch a game before opening his mouth.

wtf. Skip and SAS ply their trade as sports journalists. instead of basing their views objectively on execution they instead wax prosaic on subjective nonsense they only believe in, throwing figures in as needed to suit those narratives. that Skip couldn't even answer Mark's basic question on zone defense then highlights another point - Skip knows shit.

both SAS and Skip have ample opportunities to pour over game footage in pre-meeting before they shoot if they wanted. i think Skip's even admitted at some point that he sometimes glances at a box score and doesn't even watch a game before opening his mouth.

As I said, it isnt their job, for FT, to dig that deep. Thats what Legs and Coach Mangini are for.

Cuban is salty that his squad gets no credit for their ring. I dig it. But to knock Skip for doing his job and playing his role well. Cold Pizza/FT has been on for 8 years. Thanks in large part to Skip and his gimmick. Fuck Cuban.

He and his people should have done some 'real' research and not trade for players who didn't want to be there.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
dude, i understand Skip has a gimmick as resident WWE heel, and he plays it off well. but at the core i think Skip actually believes what he says and the way he stumbles when challenged directly makes for great viewing. i do enjoy it for what it is, and look forward to watching him and the Jets self-destruct come Winter, but the larger criticism of his role and the way ESPN endorses these idiotic talking points still stands.

i did like Skip's 'Russell Westbrook' counter while Cuban went off on how both focus wrongly on hero ball. perfect comedic timing on it. lol

Do you even know what the job of a journalist is supposed to be?

Vyer

Do you not watch the show?

You really think that those two screaming at each other about specific Xs and Os are supposed to bring in viewers?

Accept that you are watching a tv show on ESPN2. This isnt PBS.

Skip's career/job isn't only the show, if it ended tomorrow he'd still be the supposed sports journalist he's always been.

Top Bottom