• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

They finished in 1st place 3 times pre-Duncan and never made the Finals.

They finished in first twice...Their losses in those years were to Hakeem and Stockton+Malone. Dwight's team once lost a series to the Atlanta Hawks.

I'm not trying to bag on Dwight since I think he's the clear second best player in the NBA, but this is kind of hilarious.

They finished in first twice...Their losses in those years were to Hakeem and Stockton+Malone. Dwight's team once lost a series to the Atlanta Hawks.

I'm not trying to bag on Dwight since I think he's the clear second best player in the NBA, but this is kind of hilarious.

Classic Laker revisionist history, just like 2 years ago when apparently Hedo Turkoglu was the Magic's best player in 2009.

Dwight's team once lost a series to the Atlanta Hawks.

CheckmateD.jpg

Talon

Daw, why you gotta do that?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Well game over

It's the heat they are the champs I don't want to just follow a team for glory.

If I was gonna do that I would be a Laker by now, if you are young and you start to support a team like that fair enough, I'm a Manchester United fan of over 20 years.

It's the heat they are the champs I don't want to just follow a team for glory.

If I was gonna do that I would be a Laker by now, if you are young and you start to support a team like that fair enough, I'm a Manchester United fan of over 20 years.

SoulPlaya did it and nobody gave him any shit

Blackace

There's also that.

i firmly believe they're going to let rose take the year off to rehab, and just stank for a season.
Bulls pulling a Spurs and getting a high pick would be scary

IWMTB just put ricin in Ninja's burrito and Cloving wasn't here to ring his bell.

DominoKid

There's also that.

i firmly believe they're going to let rose take the year off to rehab, and just stank for a season.

that would be the smart thing to do.
but the rest of their roster is good enough for them to probably grab 8th in the shit ass west.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
There's also that.

I've been saying this. It makes so much sense and who knows maybe they find somebody to take Boozer in a trade. But even if they don't they could get a nice draft piece and make a major move in the FA by amnesting Boozer. If they get the right draft piece they would have an even better chance to come out the east than if they play hard to only be a one and done.

Blackace

I've been saying this. It makes so much sense and who knows maybe they find somebody to take Boozer in a trade. But even if they don't they could get a nice draft piece and make a major move in the FA by amnesting Boozer. If they get the right draft piece they would have an even better chance to come out the east than if they play hard to only be a one and done.
Next year isn't a great year for bigs tho

James McAdoo would be a great fit tho

Nah they should keep him this season and see if they can find a trade partner.

That would require somebody actually ever wanting Boozer and his contract, and that's never going to happen again

Then again this league is full of stupid GMs so I'm not ruling anything out

I can't think of a single team that would want Boozer even the year after, cause right now he has 3 years left on his deal

giri

They lucked out getting rose.

So... why not?

What have they got to lose?

I can't see them beating the Heat this year unless the Heat get injuries galore.

So they have Rose who is a definite keeper and then Boozer, Deng, Noah and Taj as trade bait along with that euro big they're bringing over this year.

Draft a SF, ship deng.

Draft a SG, ship Rip&Taj.

Draft a PF ... Amnesty boozer or S&T him with Taj for a SG

Draft a C ... See above (noah would probably move to PF).

I mean, you won't really know who is what in college until later anyway. But the worst thing the bulls could do this year is win games. But they have flexibility in every position that if they draft legitimate talent at that spot, they could get very solid returns back.

Their 2 most pressing needs are obviously PF and SG. And if another season slips by and the Mavs are still terrible, i wonder if Dirk would ask Cuban for that trade?

Nah they should keep him this season and see if they can find a trade partner.

Agreed. If Walker ends up stinking it up this year I'd be willing to trade you back Tyrus for Boozer, our pick, and Teague. Alternatively, if we end up landing Shabazz in the draft I'd do a Henderson for Hamilton and our pick back swap.

edit: If we took on Boozer I'd want us to have a plan to trade him within a year. Something like Boozer's expiring, Kemba, our Detroit 1st, and our Portland 1st for Lemarcus Aldridge trade if the Blazers decide to move on and start a full rebuild.

Blackace

Agreed. If Walker ends up stinking it up this year I'd be willing to trade you back Tyrus for Boozer, our pick, and Teague. Alternatively, if we end up landing Shabazz in the draft I'd do a Henderson for Hamilton and our pick back swap.

edit: If we took on Boozer I'd want us to have a plan to trade him within a year. Something like a Boozer, Kemba, Detroit 1st, and Portland 1st for Aldridge ttrade if Portland decides to move on and start a full on rebuild.

And two unicorns

And two unicorns

Yeah, the liklihood of us pulling those trades off is close to zero. In the next two years though we're going to have the flexibility to offer a REALLY good package to a team looking to trade one of their better players. The possibility of getting someone on Aldridge's level is close to nill, but good secondary players like Gortat or Al Jefferson should be in play for us.

With the exception of the Cats most of the teams that I think will be picking in the top 10 are set at power forward. Unless McAdoo sets the world on fire this year I think he and Zeller are going to be edge of the lottery picks.

Blackace

With the exception of the Cats most of the teams that I think will be picking in the top 10 are set at power forward. Unless McAdoo sets the world on fire this year I think he and Zeller are going to be edge of the lottery picks.

what? McAdoo is almost a certain top 5..

Unless he blows next year.

And Cavs and Wizard would kill a fan to the NBA gods to get him..

Kings as well... Pistons... Few teams are set..

Plus he is kind of a tweener

Never thought I'd see the day when someone would defend this.

Yeah, he ran. It's pretty obvious too.

but the guy he sucker punched was the guy who instigated everything by mugging JR Smith on a fast break. It wasnt unprovoked. Melo should have stood tall and not ran like a pussy, but if you're Monty Collins and you rip someone down by the neck, you deserve a punch in the face.

charsace

Where does the original gif come from?

Zeller is a top 3 pick and McAdoo is a wild card. He knows how to play basketball, but in terms of skills I've seen nothing that stands out and he has no position in the NBA.

Blackace

Blackace

Zeller is a top 3 pick and McAdoo is a wild card. He knows how to play basketball, but in terms of skills I've seen nothing that stands out and he has no position in the NBA.

ACEisJesus.gif

The Cavs need a SF more than they do a PF, and I don't think the Wizards will be picking in the top 10 this year. I think Adonis Thomas, Kyle Anderson, and Alex Poythress are all right about on McAdoo's level so they'll go before he does to teams that need better talent at the 3. The Hornets, Kings, Cavs, and Rockets all really need a boost at that position. The Hornets have Anderson and Davis at PF, the Cavs have Varejao and Thompson, the Kings have Robinson and Johnson, and the Rockets have half a team of PFs.

The Pistons are also moving Monroe to PF, if that doesn't work out though I could see them drafting McAdoo. I also think the Blazers, Bulls, and Hawks could have a shot at McAdoo and Raptor armed Zeller if they drop like I think they will.

Zeller has a 6'8 wingspan. That's 2 guard level size and it won't cut it at his position in the NBA. As far as McAdoo goes though I don't agree with the assessment that he is a tweener. He is a (slightly undersized) power forward and he will show that this year.

Based on last year I'm not even sure if I'd sacrifice Trevor Ariza for him. He simply didn't look good. Much bigger role this year, we'll see what happens.

Blackace

Based on last year I'm not even sure if I'd sacrifice Trevor Ariza for him. He simply didn't look good. Much bigger role this year, we'll see what happens.

Ariza is pretty much empty stats at this point

I predict a Reggie Bullock future in Chicago. How can you pass up a guy who plays a position of need, has a better all-around game than the guy taken at 7 this year, and has your mascot as part of his last name?

Top Bottom