• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Nokterian

Settings on very high no ssaa,tesselation on normal,16x AF. With my new 7970 it runs bloody great better then my old GTX580 for sure.

43160_2013-05-31_000044ki8.png

43160_2013-05-31_0000lajuy.png

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
I have a question: getting a little bored with skyrim.

i want to give Fallout 3 a shot but i have been wary because steam says the game is not optimized for win 7.

are these worries unfounded ?
Runs fine for me on win 7 64 bit. If you run a bunch of mods you may want to run Large Address Aware Enabler for FO3 http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/6510 also Fallout Stutter Remover http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/8886 is a good idea too (needs FOSE http://fose.silverlock.org/ ) If you want to make it pretty, ENB http://enbdev.com/download_mod_falloutnv.htm

Spazznid

iwGhIWPPOBXwe.png

if67AI1pH2D4y.png

I gotta say.. Playing games like this... It's an entirely new and amazing experience... I really want to invest in a 120Hz monitor now. But at the same time... PC is king. I'm not even bullshotting, this is literally the way I play the games. In a few years when the GTX 900 series is out, consoles will be so fare behind. and we'll be playing their ports at 4k. It will be glorious.

GHG

Gold Member
grid2_avx2013-05-311014qtl.png

grid2_avx2013-05-311061ord.png

60fps bitches.

This game is filling a void that hasn't been filled since I sold my 360 with PGR4 in 2008.

I gotta say.. Playing games like this... It's an entirely new and amazing experience... I really want to invest in a 120Hz monitor now. But at the same time... PC is king. I'm not even bullshotting, this is literally the way I play the games. In a few years when the GTX 900 series is out, consoles will be so fare behind. and we'll be playing their ports at 4k. It will be glorious.

This is the thing... Any screens I've ever posted in here or in the bullshot thread are from me playing the game either with a locked framerate of either 60 or 30 fps (dependent on the game, level of downsampling, etc).

I cant go back now. The day I cant play a new game at bullshot settings is the day I upgrade.

You're making me feel a little bit of buyer's remorse from buying my GTX 670 in the beginning of the year D:
Honestly though, it seems like an amazing card, but i'll probably wait till the 800 series. The 670 is able to play the majority of games at max, some at higher resolutions, and older/not really demanding games in 4k, so i'm ok :p

Spazznid

You're making me feel a little bit of buyer's remorse from buying my GTX 670 in the beginning of the year D:
Honestly though, it seems like an amazing card, but i'll probably wait till the 800 series. The 670 is able to play the majority of games at max, some at higher resolutions, and older/not really demanding games in 4k, so i'm ok :p

Yeah, waiting for the 800-900 series is definitely going to pay off, but I came from a 580, so it's similar to you waiting for the 800. I plan on getting the 980 equivalent if it comes out in two or more years. I like going by every other gen. If the jump this gen is anything to go by, the 800 series is going to kick some serious ass.

GHG

Gold Member

Get another 670 and SLI. Don't be shy.

Get another 670 and SLI. Don't be shy.

Dunno about that. I always see people saying that using one card is always better than 2(microstutter, SLI profiles, etc), and price wise, here in Brazil, it would be better to sell my 670 and then buy a 780, for example. And there's the fact that i would have to look for the same model(Windforce 3, if i'm not mistaken), which is difficult to find nowadays.

Spazznid

iGaLeTRQSa21k.png

itQII97MIfZSS.png

I don't know how I manage 60 Hertz at 4k, but some games periodically have this black screen over them. In Skyrim, it's only when I'm in the menus, and the loading screens. In Vindictus it's everywhere. Same with Guild Wars. This might have something to do with my playing on a TV, though...

GHG

Gold Member
Dunno about that. I always see people saying that using one card is always better than 2(microstutter, SLI profiles, etc), and price wise, here in Brazil, it would be better to sell my 670 and then buy a 780, for example. And there's the fact that i would have to look for the same model(Windforce 3, if i'm not mistaken), which is difficult to find nowadays.

People who say there are issues with SLI are living in the dark ages or have had an encounter with Crossfire. I've been rocking it since December last year and have not had a single problem. Its been pure gaming bliss. High framerates, smooth gaming, bullshot quality is playable. I actually can't imagine stepping down to a single card. Of course, if you can afford to get a single card with the same level of performance that SLI can deliver then get that, but if not then SLI is very much a real and viable option in 2013.

You don't need an identical model of card BTW, you just need another 670 with the same RAM configuration (e.g. if you have a 2GB, get another 2GB version and if you have a 4GB, get another 4GB). If you have a windforce, I would actually recommend pairing it with a blower style cooler so that at least one card is pushing all of the hot air out of the case.

Anyway, enough chat... More screens (GTA IV ENB @ 2880x 1620):

gtaiv2013-04-2810-42-epeu6.png

gtaiv2013-04-2810-40-onipq.png

Sorry about the jaggies on these, not got round to injecting SMAA as yet.

GHG

Gold Member
GHG, you an I are going to set the world on fire.

Fire you say?

tombraider2013-03-311ulqdq.png

I have such a backlog of screens its unreal so this is me basically unloading a few months worth of buildup. They call it a screengasm.

Spec Ops The line downsampled from 2800 x 1620:

specopstheline2013-05omcix.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My 570 is in tears looking at all those shots from the 780.

I'm saving up for an 880 when that launches and i can already tell games are going to look damned beautiful.

My 570 is in tears looking at all those shots from the 780.

I'm saving up for an 880 when that launches and i can already tell games are going to look damned beautiful.

The 780 doesn't make the screenshots any more impressive :p You could probably achieve the same screenshots if you enjoyed your games being a slideshow ;) It is possible. It's also excruciatingly painful.

I have no misgivings about going SLI with 680s. Very rarely do I have any SLI related problems. Seems to scale quite well in a lot of games and I can definitely go much crazier than I could with a single 680. Though buyers remorse hit me right around when the Titan was released....

Spazznid

The 780 doesn't make the screenshots any more impressive :p You could probably achieve the same screenshots if you enjoyed your games being a slideshow ;) It is possible. It's also excruciatingly painful.

That's true, but at that framerate level, you'd have less instances of the scene to wade through. Like, if I have 12 fps and I spam my screenshot button, I'll have a smaller window of opportunity to get that perceft shot than with a smoother framerate. At least, that's what it felt like with my 580, playing C3 downsampled at 12 fps...

That's true, but at that framerate level, you'd have less instances of the scene to wade through. Like, if I have 12 fps and I spam my screenshot button, I'll have a smaller window of opportunity to get that perceft shot than with a smoother framerate. At least, that's what it felt like with my 580, playing C3 downsampled at 12 fps...

Yeah. It just sounded weird. Like the 780 make the quality better or something :) But I know what he meant. Smoother FPS does make screenshots easier.

Also, I know everyone and their brother probably took a similar Alan Wake screenshot. But playing through it again, I couldn't resist.

8905320789_04541b7b38_o.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yeah. It just sounded weird. Like the 780 make the quality better or something :) But I know what he meant. Smoother FPS does make screenshots easier.

Also, I know everyone and their brother probably took a similar Alan Wake screenshot. But playing through it again, I couldn't resist.

8905320789_04541b7b38_o.jpg

Yeah I should of clarified the idea of playing the game at 4K with a reasonable frame rate.

The 570 is really showing it's age whenever I try doing anything above 1080p with newer games.

QUOTE]

I disagree. The 780 has 3gigs of VRAM. If you have 1gig card you're gonna have more problems getting nice IQ than just framerate. Also what Spazznid said.

antitrop

My 1.5GB dual-GPU GTX 590 weeps at this conversation. :(

Not getting another x90 ever again now that I'm more informed. I just bought it when it came out because I was building a new PC at exactly that time and I was like "Fuck, let's just get the best one they have".

In hindsight I should have went SLI 3GB 580s.

Also the GTX 590 is advertised as 3GB (1.5 + 1.5) but everyone knows you only have access to the VRAM of 1 GPU, so it's misleading. I didn't know that at the time.

antitrop

Steam can take uncompressed screenshots now. :(

People should take advantage of that feature if they're really adamantly opposed to Fraps or SweetFX.

Would I be able to get anything for my 4GB GTX670 SC now that the 700 series is coming out? Kind of want to upgrade, such is the world of PC technology I suppose.

GHG

Gold Member
Think I might put it up sometime this weekend, do you have a recommended 4GB varient of the 770?

You'll be spending $150 for what will be a marginal improvement in performance, If you ask me, its madness. The 770 is just a rebranded 680 with a slightly higher TDP. It wont be worth the hassle of selling your old GPU and the outlay of cash. If you MUST upgrade now, get a 780/Titan or just get a second hand 670 4GB on the cheap and go SLI.

You'll be spending $150 for what will be a marginal improvement in performance, If you ask me, its madness. The 770 is just a rebranded 680 with a slightly higher TDP. It wont be worth the hassle of selling your old GPU and the outlay of cash. If you MUST upgrade now, get a 780/Titan or just get a second hand 670 4GB on the cheap and go SLI.

Yeah, was about to make a second comment. I noticed the price the "sealed" varient was going for in his link, while my card which is used will go for a bit less. Would you recommend going SLI or just upgrading to a 780?

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah, was about to make a second comment. I noticed the price the "sealed" varient was going for in his link, while my card which is used will go for a bit less. Would you recommend going SLI or just upgrading to a 780?

Depends on what your relative cost is. If going SLI is cheaper than selling and then purchasing a 780 I'd go with SLI to be honest. Performence wise, 670 SLI will be better by quite some margin and you'll have more VRAM (4GB) to play with for playing at crazy bullshot settings.

If I was in your situation I'd be hunting down another 4GB 670.

A few Random Crysis 2 Maldo shots from a while back (2880x1620 downsampled):

crysis22013-02-1816-4vuuox.png

crysis22013-02-1816-416ugv.png

Top Bottom