• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

I was sent a PM with the following image, along with a request that people stop using minus

I've never seen this problem myself, just throwing it out there.

EDIT: to claify, it was on another forum. Someone that doesn't have a GAF account but knows that I do. We got lurkers and shit.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well guys, I think it's as good a time as ever that people start transitioning over to Sta.sh then!

Minus used to be really great. It's still alright, definitely not terrible, but now that they''re throttling hotlinking I guess the Minus time is over.

Xyber

Well guys, I think it's as good a time as ever that people start transitioning over to Sta.sh then!

Minus used to be really great. It's still alright, definitely not terrible, but now that they''re throttling hotlinking I guess the Minus time is over.

But.. but.. I got over 100 followers on minus!

Don't know why anyone would want to follow me there, but anyway. I'll check out sta.sh.

iNvid02

They just failed me today, 5tb data seemed to be their limit to what traffic they would accept from me.

h6QMSHF.png

:'[

blooddiamondewoh1.gif

^^ thats my most bandwidth intensive image at 550GB lol

i think for screenshots abload is one of the best, but for gifs its minus or imgur

antitrop

Guess all that time moving my shit over to Flickr a couple days ago was more worth it than I thought!

Sta.sh seems awesome. Never did like Abload (not because of the language, Google Chrome Translate works just fine) and I was neutral on Minus.

Personally, I love the new Flickr design, but I've seen a bunch of people bitching about it online. I never used the site before the redesign so I have no attachment to what it used to be like or anything. I'm happy to use that for my host now. Free 1TB kicks ass.

http://www.abload.de/img/blooddiamondewoh1.gif[IMG]
^^ thats my most bandwidth intensive image at 550GB lol
i think for screenshots abload is one of the best, but for gifs its minus or imgur[/QUOTE]

Imgur has a 2MB limit on GIFs, fuck that.

iNvid02

Imgur has a 2MB limit on GIFs, fuck that.

damn that is bad, i had a pro account at one point so thought the limit was 5mb for gifs. in that case it looks flickr with unlimited bandwidth + 200mb filesize is perfect for gifs

How's the new Flickr? Looks like you get 1TB of space and fairly large file size limits.
i've been using flickr for some of my screenshots since last year, i think the revamp is excellent all round.

uploading is drag n drop, organising pics into sets is painless too.

for showcasing stuff its awesome: http://www.flickr.com/photos/invid02/

Xyber

The worst part is that the noise filter isn't that noticeable while actually playing. But in screenshots it looks terrible. I took some shots that I thought would look nice, but when I watched them afterwards my eyes just wanted to run and hide.

Seriously, this part looked pretty good in the game. Now it looks like poop.
8951244770_8548a829f5_o.jpg

Oh well, at least the game runs perfect maxed out at 4K on my 680. Locked 60fps all the time so far.

derFeef

How's the new Flickr? Looks like you get 1TB of space and fairly large file size limits.

I use flickr for my screenshots since a year now. The automatic resizing is a great feature for that. 1TB free is obviously great too. I hav a paid account though :)
Redesign works well so far, good albums!

I, too, have noticed that the grain\noise seems more prevalent in screenshots. It's a strange phenomenon. I'm itching to try and see if I can't remove it....

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow Flicker has the stupidest interface I've ever seen. It's like 18 fucking steps to get the link to a screen. Still haven't figured out how to group screens into a gallery or something.

8950346005_9c973ea9fe_o.png

8950347275_228ccc87c7_o.png

antitrop

Wow Flicker has the stupidest interface I've ever seen. It's like 18 fucking steps to get the link to a screen. Still haven't figured out how to group screens into a gallery or something.
I agree with that, a more easily accessible direct link to the "Original" size would be fantastic.

To make groups, drop down the "You" tab and go to "Organize" and then "Sets & Collections". It's actually a very simple to use interface for making "Sets".

Getting the full-size link is a pain, actually. I'm not sure there's ever been an easy way to do that.

Adding images to a set is easy. You can add images to sets as you upload them (highlight all - add to set - create new set of needed). You can go to an individual photo and add that to a set (via the menu in the bottom right corner). Or you can go to organize and batch add images to sets.

In view mode: Right-click - Original. There you go.

If you're looking at your photostream. You need to:
Click on the image
On the new page, right click -> view original
On that page, right click -> copy image URL

It's a little annoying. Not a huge deal and I'm kinda used to it after doing it for a few years.

Is there a good tutorial or something out there for an ENB noob? I barely understand what it is, (other than messing with some GTA4 version a while back that never seemed to work quite right) but I want m FO3 and Skyrim to look like the shots in this thread!

Spazznid

You won't see me leaving Flickr anytime soon :p Has a nice layout. Awesome sets organization. A community of screenshotters within that are both amazing and very helpful (amongst other groups). A free terabyte of storage.

And uh... screenshots. This page has none. Here's another of that boss from Devil May Cry 4.

8941997077_f65ec32da2_o.jpg

I, for the life of me... Can not understand the stupidity of Flickr's design. To get the original size of an image is a pain, getting anywhere in that mess is a pain... I guess if my shots don't load for some, though, I can make do with using it for a bit. Also a good way to organize and backup my entire collection!

Really wish someone would kickstart a NeoGAF-specific site for this. With GAF Gold premium membership!

Is there a good tutorial or something out there for an ENB noob? I barely understand what it is, (other than messing with some GTA4 version a while back that never seemed to work quite right) but I want m FO3 and Skyrim to look like the shots in this thread!

Really, nowadays, it's as simple as dropping the required Files into your Skyrim Folder. This includes the ENB source files from Boris' site and the specific ENB you want to use. You can make all necessary changes in-game now with the new GUI. Press Shift+Enter to access the menu and there's a load and save option at the top of said menu.

Might as well pos some in here... Should be viewable since I put then on Flickr. Also I'll link my Flicker so that anyone who wanted to see the shots from earlier can go ahead and browse them... I think I've got tha hang of Flickr for now. Just finished uploading my entire Skyrim, Planetside, etc. Still a bit left, so I'll do that.

My Flickr Sets

8951663555_f7986f3eca_o.png

8951664251_b4c52c48ca_o.png

Thorgal

You are in luck my friend as i just added that to the compendium thread.

right this way

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61244465&postcount=137

if you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else on this thread.

Oh lordy. So many games out there that can let you go wild with screenshotting, but this definitely takes the cake. It's been a while since I loaded up Gmod, and DAYUMN is it briliantly setup now. Its so much that I don't even know what to do with it. The loading screen shots are so goooodd....

hl2_2013_06_04_17_01_44_910_by_roderickartist-d67tgda.png

Also, Alo converted me. I am now using sta.sh. So easy to use, so great. 2gb is gonna fill up quick but.. eh, curation.

Durante

I actually like the grain effect in Remember Me. As for image hosting services, abload hasn't failed me yet, and it has the fastest interface for my use cases of any of the services I've tried. It's even better when you use the client -- drag/drop images, enter gallery name, press enter, get text box with forum code for all full size images.

Spazznid

Wouldn't Source Film Maker be better, though?

I've been a Gmod user since like .4 or whatever it was, even before that, there was another mod groupd with similar ideas, but they lost it and Gmod became the king. I used to be super into the whole RP and posing/screenshotting community, but even now, it's still less accurate and lower quality than the alternative, SFM... Just speculation, I'll be getting back into Gmod again when they get Rift support.

8951986957_2a90fe0afe_o.png

8951986497_64ed54f99e_o.png

Spazznid

lol I'm top by a long shot... Holy shit. Should I slow down or something? Am I bothering everyone else? I feel kind of bad, like when a kid finds out that he's been an ass to all his friends...

haikira

Liking the Remember Me shots. Can't wait for the Friday unlock, here in the UK.

I can imagine as some of you guys have said, the grain looks better in motion. Any word on being able to turn it off, for screenshots?

EDIT: Ah. I actually missed the very top comment of the page.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If video games have taught me anything, it's that I should start spamming this thread so that I could see my numbers get bigger.

Gotta grind screenshots to get some more XP.

This thread has achievements, right?

Spazznid

If video games have taught me anything, it's that I should start spamming this thread so that I could see my numbers get bigger.

Gotta grind screenshots to get some more XP.

This thread has achievements, right?

Honestly, if that was the case, I'd be a lost cause by now...

The one game I wouldn't be able to tear myself away from...

EDIT:

THIS GAME.
I swear, I'll take a bunch of shots that I think will look great, but end up looking pretty ass. Then there's shots that end up like these...

8954102598_ea92179f8b_o.png

8952906193_fbb8330463_o.png

Top Bottom