• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

screenshot5265yzqw4.png

screenshot206867yqf2.png

Bonus lols:

New Vegas shots are gorgeous. I haven't seen much from that game, as most people tend to stick more to FO3 because of the better mod selection.

And because the lighting\terrain\setting is much prettier in Fallout 3. New Vegas is quite ugly outdoors. Some of the interiors though are quite detailed, and its easier to wrangle the lighting into a passable state there.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not sure I'm digging the great portrait revolution of 2013 but... that one is quite nice :)

Also, deviantart?

Thanks, that's actually a bit of a customized edited paint job too. They're usually plastered with numbers and logos and stuff so I edited that all out and changed the color as well.

As for the deviantart thing, it's actually Sta.sh, which is what Deviant Art uses for hosting.

Why did I make the switch from Minus?

Load times are WAAAAAAY faster. Like SO much faster.

Here's a 9mb GIF on Minus.

And here is the same GIF on Sta.sh

It loads at least twice as fast, some longer GIF's load in 1/3rd the time as Minus.

stash_compare_by_alo81-d67osuf.gif

Here I made an example side by side. I loaded the minus one slightly before the Sta.sh one and Sta.sh was still way quicker.

Also, Sta.sh supports images larger than 15mb. It's really fantastic.

As for the deviantart thing, it's actually Sta.sh, which is what Deviant Art uses for hosting.

Well holy crap, I just tried this against Abload and the results were pretty astonishing. A 5.6MB gif loaded in six seconds on Sta.sh and on Abload it took a whopping nine and a half minutes. Now Abload could be having some performance issues on their end but I don't ever recall it being close to that fast even on a good day.

antitrop

Holy shit, the GIF on Stash loaded in like 10 seconds and the GIF on Minus continued on frame by frame for well over a minute before I got bored and closed the tab.

Damn.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well holy crap, I just tried this against Abload and the results were pretty astonishing. A 5.6MB gif loaded in six seconds on Sta.sh and on Abload it took a whopping nine and a half minutes. Now Abload could be having some performance issues on their end but I don't ever recall it being close to that fast even on a good day.

Holy shit, the GIF on Stash loaded in like 10 seconds and the GIF on Minus continued on frame by frame for well over a minute before I got bored and closed the tab.

Damn.

Yeah, this is pretty nice! thanks!

And its in english :p

Yeah, it's really great. I figured it out when I was looking for somewhere to upload a GIF that was larger than 15mb because Minus wouldn't take it.

I thought "Hey, DeviantArt is all about pictures. They probably support larger images" and MAN was I pleasantly surprised. Not only do they support apparently any size images, they let you just make an account for the Sta.sh service so you don't even need to host the stuff on DA.

Sta.sh is probably the first hosting service I've considered paying for, almost entirely because I'm so impressed with it.

Yeah, it's really great. I figured it out when I was looking for somewhere to upload a GIF that was larger than 15mb because Minus wouldn't take it.

I thought "Hey, DeviantArt is all about pictures. They probably support larger images" and MAN was I pleasantly surprised. Not only do they support apparently any size images, they let you just make an account for the Sta.sh service so you don't even need to host the stuff on DA.

Sta.sh is probably the first hosting service I've considered paying for, almost entirely because I'm so impressed with it.

Only thing that would make it perfect would be a desktop app, and they're in the works!

Thorgal

dustaet2013-06-0321-2xnr0q.png

to quote Fidget: it's got evil arm things. IT'S GOT EVIL ARM THINGS !!!

dustaet2013-06-0321-3vaou5.png

also how fast is abload loading up stuff for you guys ?

kinda curious wether this is a host issue or a slow connection.

mine loads at half a MB a sec.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
http://abload.de/img/dustaet2013-06-0321-2xnr0q.png[IMG]

to quote Fidget: it's got evil arm things. IT'S GOT EVIL ARM THINGS !!!

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/dustaet2013-06-0321-3vaou5.png[IMG]

also how fast is abload loading up stuff for you guys ?

kinda curious wether this is a host issue or a slow connection.

mine loads at half a MB a sec.[/QUOTE]

Your top image loaded in 19.8 seconds for me, and it's 3mb.

The 9mb GIF from my earlier post on Sta.sh loaded in 8.7 seconds.

Also because this may be relevant, I live in the Mid west United States

Thorgal

Your top image loaded in 19.8 seconds for me, and it's 3mb.

The 9mb GIF from my earlier post on Sta.sh loaded in 8.7 seconds.

Also because this may be relevant, I live in the Mid west United States

Loaded that picture again and it only took 7 seconds first time
test two 7-8 seconds .
third test 8 seconds.

aprox 10 sec if you count the loading delay before the links show up

Mainland EU here close to france .

I really think its a internet speed difference altough i am amazed it goes so slow for you guys .

will try that again later to rule out low internet traffick.

Can Anyone else from EU check if its the same?

Amazing shots. When will you be releasing your ENB and making it public again, or is it still WIP?

It won't be too much longer I hope, as long as I don't get too picky. Going through every weather and adjusting the lighting, skies, clouds, fog, and everything else for each time of day is a much bigger project than I intended to start. I'm also adding some new weathers to the mix and on top of that Boris just added the ability to have separate settings for individual weathers or groups of weathers which I'll end up playing around with a little.

I'm still working out the UE3 bindings for Remember Me. A few of the commands are acting funky. FOV works. Pause works. Various cameras tend to break the game though.

Stein3x

DMC4 is still beautiful :)

I'm still working out the UE3 bindings for Remember Me. A few of the commands are acting funky. FOV works. Pause works. Various cameras tend to break the game though.

Is there any way to remove the noise/grain effect?

Where is PREY 2??
8941114447_308c7a644a_o.png

8941318359_273590ed74_o.png

Crappy screenshots but just showing how good the lighting can look in this game. Yikes:

8948255948_194db6b91c_o.jpg

This one is kinda neat. Bit creepy.

8947631387_b00fc6dfe4_o.jpg

If anyone has managed to get the fixed camera to work, let me know :(

Stein3x

8947482695_9f730a230d_o.png

8947638459_6dcc2e0f64_o.png

Remember me looks very good especially the lighting but i don't like the noise filter in most of the shots i've seen

Top Bottom