• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 has been the Year of the Koopalings

Chindogg

I'm still hoping for a Game of Thrones inspired piece of media between Bowser Jr and the Koopa Kids (don't care, that's what they were so that's what they are to me.)

From what I gathered, the Kooplings are adopted, but Bowser Jr. is actually heir to Bowser. I hope if Yoshi's Wooly World has a Bowser boss, it would be Bowser Jr. and not Baby Bowser. I am sick of Baby Bowser.

Edit: This song speaks truth about Wendy: http://youtu.be/DYlUcf9zaT4

MrBadger

From what I gathered, the Kooplings are adopted, but Bowser Jr. is actually heir to Bowser. I hope if Yoshi's Wooly World has a Bowser boss, it would be Bowser Jr. and not Baby Bowser. I am sick of Baby Bowser.

I'm sick of Nintendo/Artoon getting Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr mixed up. They're basically exactly the same at this point.

roknin

I for one am happy to see t. I thought it'd be a one-off thing in NSMBW only... now they're full-on characters in Mario Kart AND Smash?

10-y-o me would still be in disbelief.

love love love that N has been paying my homeboy some attention. been a fan since smb3

Definitely agreed. Lemmy da bes

Neiteio

I'm sick of Nintendo/Artoon getting Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr mixed up. They're basically exactly the same at this point.
The Yoshi's Island games appear to take place when Mario was still a baby, so technically Baby Bowser is just that -- Bowser, as a baby. I guess it's fitting the two look alike. It'll only really be problematic if they have Bowser Jr. and Baby Bowser costarring alongside each other in a spinoff, Mario and Baby Mario-style.

TreIII

The Yoshi's Island games appear to take place when Mario was still a baby, so technically Baby Bowser is just that -- Bowser, as a baby. I guess it's fitting the two look alike. It'll only really be problematic if they have Bowser Jr. and Baby Bowser costarring alongside each other in a spinoff, Mario and Baby Mario-style.

Problem was that Baby Bowser used to have a unique design. After/around PiT, though, they started getting lazy and just used the same basic design for both Baby Bowz and Junior alike.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just give Bowser his own RPG at long last, and have Junior and the Koopalings be his Paper Mario-style "partners".

It's all I ask...

BzRaq4RIQAA_D2c.jpg
omg I love this pic

And I love every bit of it. Finally, Nintendo characters I like not being treated like shit. The Koopalings are amazing, and I reeeally want to see more of them. Them only being in the NSMB titles is pretty meeeh, but I'm satisfied enough with them being playable in Mario Kart AND Smash.

Some of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Larry is the best, but Ludwig is a close second.

Lol, pretty much the same for me. Though Iggy is another close favorite.

Neiteio

Topic starter here, and to answer my own question about favorites... I'll cheat and say I see all seven of them (plus Junior) as one character, lol. Although I tend to play Bowser Jr. the most in Smash, and Iggy the most in MK8.

Griss

Roy and Ludwig were my favourite Nintendo characters when I was a child, so I'm delighted by this development. Yeah, SMB3 and Super Mario World were a big deal back then.

Some nitpicks, though:
Bowser Jr. is an abomination and should be scrapped.
Bowser should not get away with claiming the Koopa Kids 'aren't his children'. We all know this is untrue, and Nintendo should stop enabling his lies.
Roy's shell should have remained pink, rather than purple.
Iggy's hair is crap now. Rest of him is fine, but they ruined his hair.

Also, in MK8 I find that Roy and Morton players are consistently the toughest to beat and most likely to win races.

In summary,
Roy's the best

Griss

They're ok, but they're no Rosalina.

...Also, I still don't think they needed 7 whole slots in MK8.

You can't include one and not the others, obviously, and there are no better characters out there to put in. King Boo? Wiggler? These are just enemies with no actual character. The koopa kids at least have some presence to them. The koopa kids also have a huge amount of fans out there for whom having them in made the game. There are no omitted characters that would have that kind of draw. They need to be in every Mario Kart from here on out, imo.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the only characters i would have added in mk8 are dry bones and boo. still wouldn't have given up any of the kids for them, though.

Bowser Jr. > Koopalings

All that really matters since he is Bowser's only child. Not the Koopalings.

Characters I couldn't care about except when I was 5 watching the Mario Bros show. That being said, I like Lemmy because...well Motorhead.
No way. Bowser Jr. sucks.

Bowser Jr managed to get Mario sent to prison and clean up an entire island the Koopalings....they wasted 8 characters slots in Mario Kart 8 that could've been for other characters. Hmmm.

I fucking love the Koopalings. They are a relic of late 80s pop culture personified into a bunch of koopas. Just look at all the punk hairstyles. The neon pink scales and shells. The fact that they're all named by musicians. I just love them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Koopalings are great. No idea why they didn't put the Koopalings under Bowser Jr. in MK8 (like the Yoshis/Shy Guys). Could've freed up more space
for babies
that way.

PepperedHam

I've grown very fond of the Koopalings. Morton is my main on Mario Kart 8 and this piece of fan art has been my war banner on everything as of late:

mario_kart_art_day_26__morton_koopa____jr___by_portalmasterdan64-d7hjs3g.png

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I fucking love the Koopalings. They are a relic of late 80s pop culture personified into a bunch of koopas. Just look at all the punk hairstyles. The neon pink scales and shells. The fact that they're all named by musicians. I just love them.

this dude gets it

OnPoint

Characters I couldn't care about except when I was 5 watching the Mario Bros show. That being said, I like Lemmy because...well Motorhead.

Bowser Jr managed to get Mario sent to prison and clean up an entire island the Koopalings....they wasted 8 characters slots in Mario Kart 8 that could've been for other characters. Hmmm.

... who??

OnPoint

8 other characters. It's not like the Mario universe is lacking in characters. Put in Nabbit, Lakitu, howabout NES Mario(?), Birdo, a chain chomp. I thought the list was meh anyway. MK8 should've been something special. A Nintendo All-stars racing.

Lakitu and Birdo, OK. I could see those. But your other suggestions? Over the Koopa Kids? Now you're just letting slop fall outta your mouth.

Top Bottom