• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

One3rd

Apr 11, 2013
www.flickr.com
My shots are vanilla, I think next time i play it I'll try Sikkmod too.
I think 24bit TGA shots are uncomressed, but I could be wrong.
Haha ok :) Did you start playing Prey with Sikkmod? Nice crisp shot!

Nice!

Wow thanks man! All this makes screenshoting Prey easyier :p
Yes that first shot is with Sikkmod installed but I didn't realize it needed to be enabled in the menu settings. None of the features are turned on in that shot...which actually works for it I think! I realized it wasn't working and imported the default config file that comes with sikkmod but that enables almost everything and it took me awhile to whittle it down to what I actually wanted to use. I suggest enabling the features one at a time to see if the results are what you want; HDR and coloration are pretty nice, DoF and the special light bloom effects I used on a per shot basis.

DeFiBkIlLeR

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Soul Calibur 2
Dolphin
Internal Render:2560x2112
8xCSAA
External Render:1080p

Looks nice...but runs like dog shit, gotta get dat 4670K!!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Jun 24, 2012
steamcommunity.com
If you don't have context, would it really spoil much?
I know at least for me personally, boss designs are one of the most exciting things to discover about the game.

The surprise of a new boss is always exciting.

At the same time, I recognize that's kind of crazy to try and avoid all bosses in a game where bosses are such a big role.

I'd probably prefer links to screenshots during this first month, but I'm obviously not enforcing any specific rule.

MoonGred

Mar 2, 2013
Melbourne
I love these, but can not for the life of me to get it to look anywhere near this (granted my hardware plays a big roll in this).
Is the game still playable?

On a side note; Skyrim screens like this make me so bummed out that Bethesda went for the whole snowy pallet, and not the same style as morrorwind/oblivion

TheVampire

Banned
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
www.youtube.com
I love these, but can not for the life of me to get it to look anywhere near this (granted my hardware plays a big roll in this).
Is the game still playable?

On a side note; Skyrim screens like this make me so bummed out that Bethesda went for the whole snowy pallet, and not the same style as morrorwind/oblivion
Yeah it's playable.
About 30-40fps I think.
Having a Titan with 6GB of VRAM helps a lot because with ENB and ugridstoload tweaked to go higher and hd textures for everything I've seen my VRAM hit 5gb+

MoonGred

Mar 2, 2013
Melbourne
Yeah it's playable.
About 30-40fps I think.
Having a Titan with 6GB of VRAM helps a lot because with ENB and ugridstoload tweaked to go higher and hd textures for everything I've seen my VRAM hit 5gb+
Yea, that would definitely help =).
Anyway the screens look gorgeous.