• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

robgrab

Bioshock 2

13891834159_3e62b7ea0e_o.jpg

One3rd

My shots are vanilla, I think next time i play it I'll try Sikkmod too.
I think 24bit TGA shots are uncomressed, but I could be wrong.
Haha ok :) Did you start playing Prey with Sikkmod? Nice crisp shot!

Nice!

Wow thanks man! All this makes screenshoting Prey easyier :p

Yes that first shot is with Sikkmod installed but I didn't realize it needed to be enabled in the menu settings. None of the features are turned on in that shot...which actually works for it I think! I realized it wasn't working and imported the default config file that comes with sikkmod but that enables almost everything and it took me awhile to whittle it down to what I actually wanted to use. I suggest enabling the features one at a time to see if the results are what you want; HDR and coloration are pretty nice, DoF and the special light bloom effects I used on a per shot basis.

Soul Calibur 2
Dolphin
Internal Render:2560x2112
8xCSAA
External Render:1080p

omJ.png

Looks nice...but runs like dog shit, gotta get dat 4670K!!

Durante

Are pictures of Dark Souls II boss fights considered spoilers for the game? Just curious.
If you don't have context, would it really spoil much?

Anyway, these DS2 shots are 4k, which I now use as my playing res since borderless windowed downsampling support started working :p

screenshot_2014-05-01y6ld6.jpg

screenshot_2014-05-01ucxp1.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If you don't have context, would it really spoil much?

I know at least for me personally, boss designs are one of the most exciting things to discover about the game.

The surprise of a new boss is always exciting.

At the same time, I recognize that's kind of crazy to try and avoid all bosses in a game where bosses are such a big role.

I'd probably prefer links to screenshots during this first month, but I'm obviously not enforcing any specific rule.

Stradnjoy

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, 2560x1440, Resized to 1080p.
14083831482_e42aa0df60_o_d.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, 2560x1440, Resized to 1080p.
14087441854_7648836ffe_o_d.jpg

MoonGred

I love these, but can not for the life of me to get it to look anywhere near this (granted my hardware plays a big roll in this).
Is the game still playable?

On a side note; Skyrim screens like this make me so bummed out that Bethesda went for the whole snowy pallet, and not the same style as morrorwind/oblivion

I love these, but can not for the life of me to get it to look anywhere near this (granted my hardware plays a big roll in this).
Is the game still playable?

On a side note; Skyrim screens like this make me so bummed out that Bethesda went for the whole snowy pallet, and not the same style as morrorwind/oblivion

Yeah it's playable.
About 30-40fps I think.
Having a Titan with 6GB of VRAM helps a lot because with ENB and ugridstoload tweaked to go higher and hd textures for everything I've seen my VRAM hit 5gb+

MoonGred

Yeah it's playable.
About 30-40fps I think.
Having a Titan with 6GB of VRAM helps a lot because with ENB and ugridstoload tweaked to go higher and hd textures for everything I've seen my VRAM hit 5gb+

Yea, that would definitely help =).
Anyway the screens look gorgeous.

Thorgal

14060196694_255c3372em0qhu.jpg

enb2014_05_0211_13_13ggopt.jpg

It's only worse if you're active on FlickR. People post Skyrim every day.. and always the same stuff too.

Welcome to Gaf :)

After Soontrolls's eviction from here by Evilore himself and Midrhas stopped posting here ,the amount of regulars on this thread was starting to get a bit thin .

belmonkey

Yeah it's playable.
About 30-40fps I think.

I thought the game could only use 4GB VRAM because it's 32-bit?

Thorgal

47 wanted to have a word with the cook about the awful food he got served today .

hma2014-05-0217-42-02bhpm8.jpg

Then he left without paying while punching some random guys for good measure .

hma2014-05-0217-40-10juqem.jpg

Almost missed this , are you using Durante's tool To get to 8k ?

Probably just SRWE. You play in windowed mode, line up your shot, then resize the window to the resolution you want to capture with SRWE. Take screenshot. Resize back down.

I think Durante's tool is only DX9, right?

Thorgal

Probably just SRWE. You play in windowed mode, line up your shot, then resize the window to the resolution you want to capture with SRWE. Take screenshot. Resize back down.

Oh right . i forgot GDS only works with DX9 games .

K-putt

Yep! But i used some autoexec commands that i binded to some keys. I think SRWE didn't actually force the game to render at a higher resolution.
Altough.. not sure if i actually tried it in Crysis 3.

Top Bottom