• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Thansk GeDoSaTo!

Downsampled:
idr6p3Zp3Tkxh.jpg

Full Res Download (Huge)

Downsampled:
ibsuxhspRGFsR3.jpg

Full Res Download (Huge)

Downsampled:
i1ioPPqU0o2gc.jpg

Full Res Download (Huge)

One3rd

Can't wait to see what you can all do with Dark Souls II and the visual feast we will soon have.

Some more Prey shots while I continue to get re- acquainted with the iD Tech Engine.

14022521553_f69303b04e_o.jpg

14022517413_eedba39964_o.jpg

I'd forgotten how disorienting the game could become at times.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally started playing my first Mass Effect game, Mass Effect 1. It's like being in a J.J. Abrams movie with the lens flares!

masseffect2014-04-210pxig1.png

masseffect2014-04-210fqdka.png

I think this is with using 4xSGSSAA forced through nVidia Overrider, but my apologies if I screwed it up.

Blizzard

Banned
I also just started playing Fract. It has a very funky look with moiré patterns and glowy things. It reminds me of Myst in the sense of exploring a deserted world and figuring out puzzles to make machines work. Musical sequencing seems to play a significant role in the game, and there's a studio mode where you can make your own songs.

fractosc2014-04-2402-lcisv.png

fractosc2014-04-2402-1rdel.png

The only ingame AA option is FXAA and I probably didn't have any overrides forced.

Jelle

The Reflections demo though, my god the Chromatic Aberration... So ugly looking, nearly ruins an otherwise fantastic looking scene
I must say that I do like it in this example, especially combined with the blurring. It kind of masques deficiencies making it look very realistically to me. At least, as seen through a not-so-good videocamera, but still.

Seyavesh

What is that enbeffectprepass.fx file? I want to try it!

it's from APEX enb that i linked earlier in the thread- idk the specifics, sorry. it's got some weird combination of stuff, i think? whenever i mess around with it or try to combine it with other stuff things always end up messy for me and i'm really, really not good at the technical side of stuff so yeahhh

YrI.jpg

XrI.jpg

Dr Dogg

7680 x 4320 to 1920 x 1080 via Durante magic

14002265342_e17ef8fa0a_o.png

14002259382_22ae2e71d0_o.png

Some of the textures in this really haven't aged well. That and at 8k alpha effects murder the framerate.

riflen

Another thing I noted is the lack of SLI support, apparently its because of the deferred rendering UE4 uses and that it does not play nice with SLI, could that mean we get a lot of games that scale poorly?

On the cave demo with a i7 3970x overclocked at 4.6Ghz and a GTX 690 overclocked with 32 gb ram at 1080p I am lucky to get anywhere near 60 fps, mainly sitting at around 30-55 fps.

Unlikely. Many current games employ deferred renderers and SLI support is fine. It's probably because it's still early days for UE4 and no-one's going to spend much time on creating an SLI profile for a game engine demo.

BONKERS

Fantastic PC-version indeed.

4xSGSSAA, no SweetFX, no downsampling

236430_2014-04-25_0009uoa2.png

Looks pretty good with 4xSGSSAA.

How does it run with 8xSGSSAA and SSAO disabled?

Those shots with SweetFX with this game though, look awful. Why do people sharpen stuff so much? Sharpening=/= more detail (for me anyway. It takes away from it more than adds to it for me)

Still issues with the Texture streaming? I'm really interested in T:Fusion but Digital Foundry's report on it had me skeptical.

Using an SSD isn't an option for me. Wonder why they didn't just make an option for users that allows it to pre-cache all data before you get in game.

Dammit, are we going to have to wait another entire generation before we get actual games that look like this?

Perhaps. Asset quality isn't perfect considering this is aimed at mobile. At 1600x900 with Temporal AA on I was getting 60FPS with room to spare. But at the same time, it's a very small tiny area.

I must say that I do like it in this example, especially combined with the blurring. It kind of masques deficiencies making it look very realistically to me. At least, as seen through a not-so-good videocamera, but still.

Sure, in some specific shots that are framed to use it. It looks good.

But in most other shots especially when moving it just looks beyond gross.
ibq5NmcY0kZ3Zj.png

ib0mCR49m5O0LD.png

There was a user who posted clean shots before of it. I can't remember if he had it on or not, but it looked way better than this.|

Also: With Durante's Tool, even from crazy resolutions I can still see some aliasing on edges that with FXAA applied natively at that resolution would fix.

If you say, force driver FXAA alongside this tool. Is it going to be only applying it only post-downsampling? Because that would look awful

BONKERS

Of course you can still see some Aliasing at 4k Native when the game only has FXAA built in..

Unless you are talking about when you are playing in Real time.

Pjsprojects

Couple I snapped with Fraps but sadly only in jpg. 1080p everything on highest setting.

Trials fusion.(texture streaming seems bad even on SSD like I have it installed).

iujkGL9DhVVI7.jpg

Dark souls 2.

iDBsQhn1GsbGn.jpg

Rayman Legends 15360x8640 resized to ...
But be warned, it is unedited and the filesize is 506MB!

o_O

Rayman is a beautiful looking game though, for sure!

Eek, glad I didn't spend money on that new Trials. The previous PC release was bad enough but this one apparently not only has a bunch of problems but to me, looks like crap (at least in those recent batch of pics).

And that Unreal Engine and it's pics... looks good in the fictional environments, but that room doesn't look anything like a real room at all. Still looks totally like a game.

14040288433_63c76a0a99_o_d.png

14017090011_901af2abef_o_d.png

DOWN

Banned
Seeing Mass Effect 2 again reminds me why I'm ready to see the next one on Frostbite 3, but the high-res definitely helps it out compared to my 360 play through.

Pjsprojects

o_O

Eek, glad I didn't spend money on that new Trials. The previous PC release was bad enough but this one apparently not only has a bunch of problems but to me, looks like crap

Yeah it's no looker but tbh it's a Titanfall,in that it's fun to play but graphics are ok.
Bought it on PS4 now but it's about the same.

Top Bottom