• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

dex3108

13938656954_c440170c98_o.png

13938625234_5754150cfc_o.png

riflen

Posting your images as links is unnecessary and pretty horrid compared to posting them inline.
Also, in Crysis 3 you can hide the ui and gun model with Hud_hide = 1 and r_DrawNearFOV = 2.

dex3108

Posting your images as links is unnecessary and pretty horrid compared to posting them inline.
Also, in Crysis 3 you can hide the ui and gun model with Hud_hide = 1 and r_DrawNearFOV = 2.

Fixed and i took Crysis screens while i was playing it so i didn't bother with turning off HUD :D

BONKERS

o_O

And that Unreal Engine and it's pics... looks good in the fictional environments, but that room doesn't look anything like a real room at all. Still looks totally like a game.

14040288433_63c76a0a99_o_d.png

14017090011_901af2abef_o_d.png

Yeah, I have to agree.
screenshot_2014-04-26ghy71.jpg

Dark Souls 2
(at relatively low quality 60 FPS settings :p)

Hey man, if I use GeDoSaTo and apply say Driver FXAA or another form of AA, does it still apply it pre-downsampling or is going to be post resolve?

Still issues with the Texture streaming? I'm really interested in T:Fusion but Digital Foundry's report on it had me skeptical.

Using an SSD isn't an option for me. Wonder why they didn't just make an option for users that allows it to pre-cache all data before you get in game.

I don't have an SSD but only times I have noticed texture pop-ins have been when I am far in a level and restart to the beginning but the texture pop-ins is really fast. I want to say it takes like 1-2 secs. You notice them pop-in for sure but its really quick and never happens in the middle of the level. My only complaint with the game is the lack of online multiplayer but the devs have said they are patching it in on a later date.

maneil99

Remember kids, don't force your game to not use anti-aliasing.

bionictipqx.jpg

Bionic Commando @1080p

I just installed that a few days ago in hopes of getting some good screenshots, when I saw the lack of AA and actual graphic settings ( there literally are no settings ) I regretted my decision

bionictipqx.jpg

Bionic Commando @1080p

If you have Nvidia there's some SGSSAA flags you can try:

0x00421041

0x004030C1

0x004112C1

Not sure which flag is best though. Downsampling would be the only other option besides SMAA.

qu3becker

Neo Member
If you have Nvidia there's some SGSSAA flags you can try:

0x00421041

0x004030C1

0x004112C1

Not sure which flag is best though. Downsampling would be the only other option besides SMAA.

Yeh, no. I'm using an ASUS AMD R9 280x that I bought slightly before the idiotic price hike. I tried GeDoSaTo but it crashes upon changing the res I might be doing something wrong, though. I tried to use RadeonPro but it didn't help at all.

BONKERS

bionictipqx.jpg

Bionic Commando @1080p

Yeah, man, even with crazy Downsampling. The only thing that can really help is some sort of hybrid set up if you have the GPU power involving SGSSAA+downsampling+maybe other methods.

Not to mention the game's SSAO is one of the absolute worst in quality out there. And it can't be disabled. (It causes a lot of temporal aliasing)

There is a bug with SGSSAA though that may cause the rendering chain to go whacko and you'll end up with something that looks like
this
iU2AnuxxRbmGu.png

instead of

this
i0WzyqkXiMmGu.png

The Fix is to make sure you don't Alt-Tab out of the game without going into the start menu first. And if it does happen, go into the start menu. Alt tab out and then back in.

Also: For whatever dumb reason, some parts of the UI scale with resolution

Ideal AA flag is 0x004010C1 - For SGSSAA

Yeh, no. I'm using an ASUS AMD R9 280x that I bought slightly before the idiotic price hike. I tried GeDoSaTo but it crashes upon changing the res I might be doing something wrong, though. I tried to use RadeonPro but it didn't help at all.

Which is a shame, because now your only option that I am aware of is regular ol' downsampling+SMAA(Or FXAA) (Or both. Which works better in this game than you'd think depending on which is applied first)

2x2+ one of the above produces acceptable/decent results in motion. Obviously IQ in a still shot is very nice.

I don't have an SSD but only times I have noticed texture pop-ins have been when I am far in a level and restart to the beginning but the texture pop-ins is really fast. I want to say it takes like 1-2 secs. You notice them pop-in for sure but its really quick and never happens in the middle of the level. My only complaint with the game is the lack of online multiplayer but the devs have said they are patching it in on a later date.

Thanks!

I know it's early days but Dark Souls 2 doesn't look as good as some of the great DS shots this thread produced. To me, unless you have really set up a good scene, it looks like garbage (not knocking the ability the PC version has to improve the IQ).

And from memory, the right AA flag removed that jagged mess from Bionic Commando.

Dennis

Banned
It has been awhile since I last visited and I must say this is shocking.

We really need some new PC games that push graphics.

Durante

I think those lose the way that part of the game is supposed to look :/. It's a sunset.

Hey man, if I use GeDoSaTo and apply say Driver FXAA or another form of AA, does it still apply it pre-downsampling or is going to be post resolve?
Post resolve (so mostly useless).

Anyway, jolly cooperation!

screenshot_2014-04-273oeg9.jpg

screenshot_2014-04-27f6idm.jpg

Top Bottom