• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

One3rd

You think C4 blurs? oh man, you should see the old flag. It's near impossible to get razor sharp image quality and kill all aliasing at the same time.

But, you have the choices for LoD (As you mentioned though, some sharpening also works. Which is what I would prefer. Because LoD changes often induce shimmering/moire), auto LoD on. And with ALOD off, you can set it manually or leave it to 0

Comparison between C4 and the old flag
http://www.abload.de/img/timealt0ou6.png
http://www.abload.de/img/timeneu8ofj.png

It's also somewhat of a necessity in Saber Interactive's Engine. Not even crazy downsampling can tackle the large amounts of shader and texture aliasing. SGSSAA+downsampling = amazing though.
<snip>
So glad for new SGSSAA bit, after many comparisons I've left it at auto LOD with slight added sharpen with SweetFX and the images look as crisp as default after downsampling from 1800p...but without jaggies. It makes a huge difference in IQ. Love your work!

BONKERS

So glad for new SGSSAA bit, after many comparisons I've left it at auto LOD with slight added sharpen with SweetFX and the images look as crisp as default after downsampling from 1800p...but without jaggies. It makes a huge difference in IQ. Love your work!

Thanks!

This is part of the reason i'm really passionate about this stuff.

Someone's gotta do it, so everyone in the long run can end up getting the best they possibly can as easily as possible.

I'm not the only one obviously, everyone who contributes is a great asset.

HBAO+ is picking up a bit now too. We've got the list up to 87 games so far. (Plus there are the built in flags for certain games. But more often than not lately, it's being discovered that Nvidia forgot to even test all the flags when they made the change to HBAO+ at the driver level as many games have a lot of issues with their official flag or they don't even work at all)It's not all ideal and perfect. But if you are willing to live with a few concessions when it comes to some games. It's a great thing to use.

Question... I know if the game is recent we cant post screenshots that reveal spoilers, but is it still a spoiler if the bosses are seen in the game's trailer? I am referring to The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I got 2 great screenshots from boss fights I would like to post. :)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Question... I know if the game is recent we cant post screenshots that reveal spoilers, but is it still a spoiler if the bosses are seen in the game's trailer? I am referring to The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I got 2 great screenshots from boss fights I would like to post. :)

This may sound a bit harsh to TASM2, but I don't think anyone will be too bothered by boss images from that game.

Hell, if they are really great maybe you'll sell some people on the game!

If you'd rather be safe then I would just link them but it's up to you.

iO2wDjGCxzaty.jpg

ibdK5QG9xkbxlS.jpg

BONKERS

I've got a question about DS2.

You guys are injecting Bokeh with ENB or GeDoSaTo and what not, but doesn't the game have built in Faux Bokeh or something exclusive to the PC version?

I don't recall it being there in the console versions that i've seen.

(Particularly I remember seeing the distant Dof in the 4k shots released on twitter or whatever before the PC version came out)

You guys are injecting Bokeh with ENB or GeDoSaTo and what not, but doesn't the game have built in Faux Bokeh or something exclusive to the PC version?

(Particularly I remember seeing the distant Dof in the 4k shots released on twitter or whatever before the PC version came out)

It has its own depth of field but I'm not sure if it's bokeh. You do get a bokeh effect when looking through the binoculars but only at the edges of the screen.

Durante

It has a pseudo-bokeh DoF effect, but it's tiny (especially at high resolutions). Around 5 pixel diameter tops. GeDoSaTo's HQ Bokeh option goes up to 32.

I had the same problem, I read some reviews and was intrigued about the time manipulation aspect as I just finished Singularity but was left wanting.

As for TimeShift, I'm having a good time going through it now. The engine is a bit dated but does have its moments. For less than $4 I would recommend it just to try out the time powers.

I also bought Singularity from the May Sale on Steam, I heard good things about it. As for TimeShift people are a bit ambivalent, that's why I hesitaded buying that game. Maybe i'll play Singularity first, then i'll see. But thanks for the reply!

One3rd

I also bought Singularity from the May Sale on Steam, I heard good things about it. As for TimeShift people are a bit ambivalent, that's why I hesitaded buying that game. Maybe i'll play Singularity first, then i'll see. But thanks for the reply!
NP =)

13918951959_15a1445f91_o.jpg

13918926917_8c86f1ac2e_o.jpg

Had to get up in a tree to get this shot!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Those Child of Light screens are really tempting me to buy the game. I told myself I'd save my steam wallet for Transitor, but those screens...

Top Bottom