• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Microsoft E3 Conference

Into

Underwhelming

I mean kudos to Spencer, he did a much better job than anyone they have had on stage in years, but if the biggest third party exclusives are a Kamiya game (which Wii U has 2x of) and Crackdown, its not very exciting. The Xbox fan theories were once again unfounded and unrealistic

I am excited for Halo 2 "HDHD", i also liked the slightly unique stage they had and how fast paced everything was.

Venturer

So for holiday 2014 exclusive wise they've got Sunset overdrive & Forze Horizon 2. Was at least expecting a gears trailer. Colour me dissapointed. Solid 7/10 though.

Not overly impressed. A metric fuck ton of multi-plats, multiple CGI trailers, stuff we already knew about (not leaks either). The biggest cheer was Halo: Master Chief collection and Halo 2 multiplayer, which is cool but also kind of sad. Ori was the most interesting thing shown.

Really solid overall. Nothing blew my mind except the few seconds I thought a new Conker was coming, but overall it was good. They weren't kidding about their focus on games, I liked that a lot.

LuuKyK

Phil tried to pull a Tretton in the end there with the "we are hearing you" speech. lol

Still, much better conference than the last few years. Sadly (or maybe its a good thing, less money spent) for me not much there that would make me buy an Xbox One. I liked ORI, Fable and... the Kamiya game I guess, although there is not much to talk about since it was only a CG trailer... the rest didnt appeal to me at all.

I expected more from MS tbh... But at least they didnt waste time with Kinect and cringeworthy dances or whatever, so points for them.

Imo the best conference they've had in... quite a while.

Not the biggest accomplishment really, considering their last few presentations. lol

best conference MS has put on in YEARS. No kinect bullshit, no TV bullshit, everything was games.

AC Unity, Witcher 3, and Division looked INSANE

Sunset Overdrive looks great.

Phantom Dust, Kamiya game AND the LIMBO Sequel.

And that Ori game looked incredible.

Good job XBOX.

Except the majority of that was all third party and will probably look and play better on other platforms. MS continues to rely too heavily on Forza, Halo, and Fable for my tastes.

Lots of new announcements I'm interested in. Phantom Dust remake, new Crackdown, Scalebound. But all CG, which makes me think they're a long ways off.

StarSide

Banned
Powerful! Pretty dope conference.

The spike TV stream was fucking nightmare though. Just fanboys on both sides warring.
Absolute disgrace to the community..

Everything they showed was leaked already so it makes the conference rather tame.

I kinda thought the same thing. No real Megatons, because most of everything was leaked before hand. Scalebound was a nice surprise, but we knew something was coming from Platinum. Crackdown was heavily hinted at.

So was Phantom Dust and Crackdown completely new games, or are they remakes? The lack of a number next to them confused me a bit. Are they just getting relaunched with a new game but the same title?

Trago

best conference MS has put on in YEARS. No kinect bullshit, no TV bullshit, everything was games.

AC Unity, Witcher 3, and Division looked INSANE

Sunset Overdrive looks great.

Phantom Dust, Kamiya game AND the LIMBO Sequel.

And that Ori game looked incredible.

Good job XBOX.

Great variety in that lineup. This was a great showing guys.

Really good show and the all games focus was nice, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed and mostly because there was no Rare to be seen outside of Conker for Project Spark.

ethomaz

Banned
Last year E3 was better in gaming content.

Good E3 but nothing close to what MS needs or I expected... it won't change the situation.

jabuseika

Microsoft avoided a trainwreck.

That's about all I can say.

A few exclusives, the best of being Sunset Overdrive.

A bunch of multiplats that will be better on the PS4 or PC.

Remakes.

A few CG trailers for Future Exclusives.

The bare minimum.

Well, well. Aside from the Conker tease, color me impressed. No Kinect garbage or awkward bullshit in the path of Kamiya and Sunset.

...crap, now I feel the need to get an Xbox One. Sometime down the road, perhaps.

Excellent conference. Just games games games, but nothing that made me want to go and buy the One. I hope Sony is just focusing on the games as well.

I don't put numbers on conferences, all I'm gonna say is that this one was excellent, I never felt bored once. Having Phil in charge is the best thing that happened to the Xbox.

Diablos54

A very solid conference, quite impressed, even if it was a lot of multiplats. A solid 7/10, let's see what Sony have in store tonight!

Puru

Can't believe it's done, so basically one game that could be interesting (Platinum Game one) but is already plagued by the worst hero archetype ever made.

Meh conference overall but at least they only showed games.

It wasnt bad, but not worth staying up for.

-Way too many mutliplatform games.
-Fable with no story mode looks lame.
-Sunset and Crackdown highlights of show
-All the best stuff seems to be 2015

starmud

great showing, but wasn't floored by anything. probably their best showing in sometime though. messaging was really trying to sell a stronger foundation on why you need to buy an xbox one.

kinect RIP.

Jyrii

Banned
Solid 8/10 from me. The game line up did not interest me much, but at least they focused on games. Ori seemed cool.

3/10

++ Platinum Game
+ for Master Chief Collection
-/+ Crackdown depending who makes it
- Everything else
-- Showing CoD and AssCreed for 30 minutes

very boring, tons of 3rd party that's better on PS4/PC, overall poor showing.

Phantom Dust and Cuphead are the highlights for me. I never got into Halo, so that collection may be great for me...or not. Hopefully Crackdown is good. Let's see what Sony comes with.

I liked the pace but nothing got me too excited.

Good to finally see some Witcher 3 gameplay though

That Conker tease is one of the most fucked up things I've ever witnessed

7/10
+ Good content and variety
+ Good pacing
+ No bullshit
- Too much Ubisoft
- Everything was CG

I'd say it was safe and solid. I expect Sony to perform about the same.

The conference just lacked that one game that makes everyone go crazy.

I really want to play that Kamiya game with Jack Frost look alike.

"More Fun on XBox One"? Some okay exclusives even if all most of them were was CG trailers and a bunch of multi-player games that will look and run better elsewhere... Eh, B is fair with their E3 "apologies for last year's conference" conference. Maybe C- with annoying C-List celebrity pandering.

Top Bottom