• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Microsoft E3 Conference

MrS

Banned
Amazing conference, i'm floored
image.php

Disappointing conference, no doubt

Yoda

I'd give them a C+, solid pacing (minus the opening lol @ COD). No bombshells, no surprises announcements and nothing I wasn't expecting.

kodecraft

6/10, kinda meh to be honest. A shitload of CG shown left and right.

-Sunset Overdrive looked lame
-I never cared about crackdown

+Phantom Dust is hype!
+Hideki's English is beast

This. Yea they showed a Gears logo everyone....and? We knew Gears was coming already, nothing new here.

camaropilot

Seemed like a solid showing. The only thing that would sway me to buy an xbone is the master chief collection but I don't think that's enough for me right now. Let's see is nintendo can convince me to buy a wii u now haha

I give it a 6. The 'megatons' aren't games that I've been into in the past, so it wasn't really aimed at me I guess.

I felt that it was nice that cut most of the crap out, but the ordering was all wrong.

The first hour was painful. Game after game we've already seen or heard of before with very little new info about them.

Would have preferred a mix-up of 2014 and 2015 titles rather than a date ordered sequence.

hawk2025

Disappointment.

No Halo 5 gameplay, Platinum shown as CG only, lots and lots and lots of CG.

Looking at it very rationally, it was a "ok to good" show -- but no big news, and the usual awful "timed exclusive DLC" was displayed front, center, and proud, and that sours the whole thing.

Not impressed, but perhaps it was impossible to live up to the hype for this conference.

Really impressive conference from Microsoft. Sunset Overdrive is the reason I will be picking up an Xbox. Also loved the indie games; Inside looked awesome and Ori and the Blind Forest.

Forsythia

That was a damn fine conference. But too bad everything was leaked before, and I'd love to see a conference that wouldn't open with Call of Duty for once.

IrishNinja

kamiya, maybe crackdown 3, and some indies. happy for people who want halo collection, but that was a C conference at best.

Fluxdyne

Seeing Kamiya on the stage was the biggest surprise for me.
I'd would've been amazing if his #FavoriteGame subtitle was "Ask your mom" instead of Zelda LTTP.

Varg

Banned
Only bad thing is they didn't announce the white xbox one :( what a god tier conference. Now to see if sony can answer back.

NaviLink

Crackdown 3 is official, that's all I wanted, and it's probably the game that will make me buy an X1. Sunset Overdrive seems cool, the Phantom Dust reboot will please the hardcore niche.

I give your desperation in this thread a solid A+. You couldn't be less obvious.

I give this conference a solid B+. Great show, MS(Phil + team).

What did he say that was incorrect? He was pretty spot on. Only surprise was the Platinum Games one and it was a freaking CGI trailer

bj00rn_

Banned
Unfortunately I thought it was a pretty weak conference. I don't see a system seller for me in the bunch.

Ah, the infamous "system seller". I've heard a lot about them, but unfortunately over my decades as a gamer, I've never ever seen one. I've played a lot of good games though.

-BLITZ-

Microsoft really done it this time with their presentation and I refer into good terms. The opening was great and straightforward towards the games starting with COD AW.

But wouah, I never expected for Tomb Raider sequel. Oh no, I thought is about Tomb Raider Reboot sequel :( from what I've seen at GTrailers.

Sydle

Forza Horizon
Fable Legends
Halo Master Chief Collection
Dance Central
Phantom Dust
Scalebound
Sunset Overdrive
Crackdown

amazing

Interested in the Conker stuff in Project Spark.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
If you put all the games they showed in a blender you will get:

A co-op third person action game!

Xbox one should be renamed to Xbox 3rd.

d9b

Banned
Some great games but a lot of CG stuff and fake gameplay. Not impressed. Give us actual gameplay! Will they ever learn...

Again, decent conference, all about the games, but there wasn't anything that made me go XBOX ONE MUST OWN CONSOLE. Still getting one by August, just wished there was something more exciting to look forward to than Halo re-releases.

BadAss2961

6/10 conference.

I give them props for sticking to games, but Microsoft really doesn't have anything big. CG trailers of Phantom Dust, a Platinum game, and a Crackdown. Meh.

Riposte

That was a very good conference. Only downside was a little too much CG and some instances of in-game being kind of boring or heavily retreaded (mainly The Division, although Call of Duty looked rather decent surprisingly). Virtually no Kinect taking up time. Barrage of games. Phantom Dust and Scalebound have me very excited. I want to say A-. Huge improvement from their last E3s, like a whole new Microsoft.

Top Bottom