• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Microsoft E3 Conference

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
MS shows 90mins straight of games.

Bunch of jaded GAFFERS say MS shows nothing.

Seriously, if you couldn't find something to like in all that.. it might be time to find a new hobby.

Owzers

Great conference, it felt like there were a lot of strong games but nothing really amazed me, but i now want an Xbox One this fall. Probably won't buy one now since nothing is coming out until the holiday and 2015, but i think it's won me over.

Ehhh, it was alright.

I liked how they focused on games, but I feel if they had done any different then they would've had a horrible showing.

Phil's taking them in the right direction which is nice, but I guess there wasn't really much substance beyond the CG trailers.

Sunset looked great, and I'm not really a Halo fan so that was lost on me. Division was essentially the exact same demo in a different location.

That was a solid, if not great conference. All games. That said, there was nothing there that made me want an XB1. The best stuff is going to be available elsewhere.

Still, props to Phil Spencer. You can tell he's already made his mark on the Xbox brand and for the better.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fucking horrible conference. I fear for Sony/Nintendo.

Call of Duty - More of the same, this shit looks horrible.
Forza - Nurburgring made me excited as a little girl
Assassins Creed - Fuck this series
Dragon Age - Hell yes
Sunset Overdrive - Yet another shit game made by Insomniac that will sell approx 2 copies
Dead Rising - I liked it
Disney Fantasia - ...
Fable - Gameplay looks solid. Art does not, as usual when it comes to this series
Ori - FUCK YES THIS LOOKS SO GOOD
Halo Collection - VERY nice for both old and new fans of Halo
Inside - FUCK YES THIS LOOKS SO GOOD LIMBO WAS FUCKING AMAZING
Witcher 3 - Looks good
Phantom Dust - Ugh
The Division - Downgrade?
Scalebound - No one would give a shit if this wasn't Kamiya. It'll sell 4 copies. Need more gameplay footage
Crackdown - I'm glad Crackdown fans got what they wanted!

Overall: 2/10. Horrible. Good pacing though.

Well, well. Other than the Conker tease, color me impressed. Kamiya!!

Now I feel the need to get an Xbox One. Not anytime soon, though. :(

Think it was some solid stuff revealed and focus on games is great, but don't really see any of these games really pushing Xbone sales to the general public outside of the Halo collection perhaps.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Quantum Break is for GDC. Microsoft and Remedy already confirmed weeks ago it would't be present at E3.

A solid conference, much like last year. A little too much third party going on, but every new exclusive was attractive - and the most casual thing shown was Dance Central. Since the most massive announcements were so heavily rumored beforehand, the only "OH SHIT" moment for me was Tomb Raider. #2mbRaider
8/10

Bloodrage

Banned
nothing exciting for me, most games were multiplatform and we already knew about. Inside looked interesting but not exclusive so not going to buy an X1 just for that.
Same issue for me. Feels like they dedicated an hour and 20 minutes to multiplatform games, and 10 minutes to the exclusives they had.

Original Halo 2 multiplayer in H2A won E3 for me. That was the one thing I've wanted from the very beginning and it was a dream come true to hear them confirm it will have 1:1 MP.

The rest of the presser was pretty great too. Especially happy to see Phantom Dust and Crackdown make a return and Ori looked incredible too.

Unfortunately, apart from the DR3 DLC, there wasn't much that really took me surprise. It felt like a pretty safe presser with no real bombs.

A solid B for this conference, now bring on the Sony presser and let's have some real bombs dropped.

MarkusRJR

8/10. One point lost due to the CG being used for the latter half. The other point lost due to that bait and switch with Conker.

Seriously through that Conker bit was like twisting the knife. So mean.

Squalor

6/10--There's no way I can go higher than that.

75% was CGI. Nothing was shocking.

The biggest "news" were the Halo ports.

I must admit It was pretty good. Focus on games. Sunset Overdrive was pretty cool, but no real jaw dropping exclusive title for me though. 7/10

Now if only the witcher 3 gameplay lasted a little longer ...

camaropilot

Seemed like a solid showing. The only thing that would sway me to buy an xbone is the master chief collection but I don't think that's enough for me right now. Let's see if nintendo can convince me to buy a wii u now haha

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They did about as good as they could do, though I agree there was too much CG.

They had a solid pacing that really went game to game(aside from those stupid favorite game videos), but we already knew the lineup from leaks so there wasn't much in the way of excitement. I think Nintendo is the only one capable of really having surprises this year.

Fuck that conker thing too.

McHuj

B conference for me, I had hoped they had another surprise for 2014.

It didn't really motivate me to go buy an xbox right now.

great conference format compared to previous years, no boring BS, just games

but the exclusives they showed still wont move me to get a Xbox One this year unless my friends pressure me into playing Halo 2 again

kodecraft

6/10, kinda meh to be honest. A shitload of CG shown left and right.

-Sunset Overdrive looked lame
-I never cared about crackdown

+Phantom Dust is hype!
+Hideki's English is beast

This.

Yea they showed a Gears logo everyone....and? We knew Gears was coming already, nothing new here.

Tonza

Good conference. Just having Kamiya on stage is enough to get good points for me though.

Much better than I expected. I might have to get Xone sooner than I thought.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
whole bunch of games I don't want...and the two games I did want are remakes of games I already own.....Halo/Phantom Dust

Not going anywhere near Xbox One this gen it seems

Revven

3/10

++ Platinum Game
+ for Master Chief Collection
-/+ Crackdown depending who makes it
- Everything else
-- Showing CoD and AssCreed for 30 minutes

very boring, tons of 3rd party that's better on PS4/PC, overall poor showing.

This pretty much mirrors what I think right now. Tons of multiplats that makes it look like they just don't have any first party studios (which they don't, let's be honest).

This conference just makes me wonder what Sony will have now that Division & AssCreed were shown at MS' conference instead. MGSV not being at MS conference is surprising but that just means we'll see it at Sony's, which is cool by me.

Top Bottom