• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Microsoft E3 Conference

Xav

Sunset Overdrive
Crackdown 3

... that was literally it for me. I'm actually kind of surprised that I'm this disappointed.

Pretty average, no big surprises, CGI trailers all over the place.

Too much hype indeed...
Agree. Too many of the exclusive big announcements were CG Trailers which kinda lowered my expectations.

Don't understand the hype behind the master chief collection. Yeah it better be 1080p @ 60fps if its on the original engine.

Amused

Very solid, not awed by the biggest reveals, but very good conference.

Loved the way it was built up more than anything. Focus on what was happening on the screen, not on the stage.

I predict a narrow MS-win for E3. Not enough to change the tides though.

Toparaman

Banned
8/10

I think some of you are forgetting how bad E3 press conferences have been historically. This conference held my interest the whole way. No sales figures bullshit, no gimmicks. Just solid.

Could've used less cutscenes though. Also nothing made me say "I absolutely have to get this." But I will be following the development of several of these games.

Don't get Xbox One winner mindset. The conference was great and focused itself, but online Crackdown and Master Chief Collection being the only major exclusive announcements that we know largely what to expect is...meh IMO. But throwing all these third party multi plats and games we know nothing outside of the pedigree behind them with no sense of what they will be and when they'll drop isn't much to celebrate on Microsoft's part and the Xbox One itself.

It was a safe conference, but I also think that's what was needed. Solid B overall.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Very little new stuff and no real megatons. Seems everything they had that mattered was already leaked months ago.

The platinum game looks very interesting though.

Occam

The most interesting games (everything during the latter part of the conference) they showed were pure CGI, which means all that stuff is a long way off. Translation: late 2015 at the earliest.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I thought it was highly enjoyable and really well produced but not one surprise for me. Very surprised ironically that I was not surprised. Everything was known ahead of time, but that's ok. Great presentation and fantastic pacing.

MMaRsu

Banned
So how do I wTch the conference on ps4? The IGN app doesnt seem to stream anythi g at all??? Please help guys :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly one of the worst and least conferences I can remember in a long time. Really disappointing, I guess I'm starting into the camp wondering whats the point of E3.

Phantom Dust though makes it a 10/10

not one WOW moment... NOT ONE. What the hell Microsoft :/

This was THE CHANCE to come back. To show the people why they should buy a xbox one and then this....jesus....

i`m shocked.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Solid showing. Looks like they're holding back stuff for TGS or later announcements though. I enjoyed it.

DedValve

Banned
New games:

Crackdown 3 (no gameplay), Halo collection (hardly any gameplay only of H2 mp), Halo 5 (no gameplay), Kamiyas new game (no gameplay), project spark (hardly any gameplay), phantom dust (no gampelay), fable legends (lol), Inside (awesome gameplay), and that island indie and thats it. Oh and the rest where just multiplats.

A good conference since it had no bullshit (did they even mention kinect once?) and some games got me really hyped but the lack of gameplay made me not one to run out and get an xbox immediately.

We needed waaaay more gameplay.

Phil Spencer gave us something way way way better than last year. He only had a few months.

As of now, rest of 2014 looks great.

Not seeing anything from Black Tusk or of QB sucked though. Even a GOW trailer would have been great IMO.

The CoD demo sucked, very uninteresting demo. But the game looked good.

Sunset Overdrive
Halo MC collection

will tide me over this Holiday.

HonMirin

Well credit where credit's due. They said they'd bring the games, and bring the games they did. Good to see Phil taking his new role seriously instead of just paying lip service to the fans. Well done Microsoft!

Sony has a pretty tough act to follow now. Should be an interesting show!

Bikola

6+
2/10

Was really good. Phil said there was only games and by odins golden beard you would not believe the games that were shown.

Syf

Banned
Thought it was very good overall, 8/10. I'm not interested in quite a few of the games shown but there was a lot of games. The Halo collection looks great. They succeeded in making me want to buy an Xbox One.

Trago

I give this conference an 8.5/10

- It was 90 minutes of GAMES
- Third party showcase
- Exclusives
- Indies
-Mother fucking Platinum!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Not gonna lie, nothing in that conference was particularly interesting. It was a very safe conference by MS.

KiraXD

kinda meh overall... Scalebound is probably my most hyped game right now... it would have been phantom dust... but it was westernized to shit... and crackdown = meh in this saintsrow era sandbox... we kinda knew everything else... no REAL megatons...

addik

It was a good conference. I was disappointed with the CG trailer for Scalebound. Inside and Ori looked interesting, and Sunset Horizion looks crazy good. It was a bit predictable though, no surprising megaton.

Then again, I'm a Sony fan and have only owned the first Xbox and not a lot of games there so I can't really connect with the some of the franchises they're resurrecting.

Still, a decent E3 that showed all games.

ClearData

Sunset Overdrive is about the only thing that got me very hyped. Some of the other stuff looked good but I might be better served on PS4 or PC for third party.

I'm not one for Halo, Crackdown, or Fable.

Some interesting indies (cup head, inside)

Scalebound could be cool but it's a trailer at this point.

No mention of media or the cloud and a deluge of quite a few games. So that's good.

I'd give them a B. That was a solid conference. I'm not running out to buy that $399 Xbox but people who have should be happy, I think.

P.S. Not one mention of Kinect... That thing might be completely dead to Microsoft right now.

Down the road I'll buy an X1 for the MC collection. But there was nothing here that really excited me.

They promised games and they definitely delivered, but it was mostly multiplats and games that we already knew about. Nothing blew me away. Just a trailer fest really.

Yui

Monster Hunter with Dante looks cool.

Overall a pretty solid conference, but nothing hat will get me to buy a Xbox One.

coastel

Average show tbh halo collection and forza may make me buy an xbone sooner than i was planning to but kinda same old. My most hyped games still are the division and the witcher which are multi plat so would get for another console

Moosehole

Well they didn't shit the bed like last year, so they have that going for them.

Otherwise there wasn't anything that made me want to buy an X1.

Top Bottom