• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Microsoft E3 Conference

Sony or Nintendo need just a single "surprise" to raise the bar after this one.
Literally everything was leaked or known beforehand. People at MS must have been frustrated as hell.

i think this is the main reason gaf didnt go down. when something suprising showed up it was like "oh cool but i already know about it"

Aeroknight94

Neo Member
lol at people mad at this conference, this is the best conference ms EVER had. I give them an A. The exclusive look good, but they showed way to many 3rd party game. Still not gonna get an xbox one though.

Shanty140

Neo Member
Solid conference. 7/10. Would be higher if there was a huge megaton. But other than that they had what I wanted in a conference, games.

Little bit sad there's no Gears showing. Means were looking probably at a 2016 release, at least that's what I expect.

Microsoft has shown improvements, really hope it continues. The conference didn't blow me out of the water. But did show me Microsoft does offer games I'm interested in.

OsirisBlack

Banned
pretty uninspired conference to me at least. The games I was most interested in were all multiplat the only original game that really caught my interest was Ori. After that the highlight for me personally was the new monster being shown in Evolve that game is going to be amazing. The entire conference read to me like "we will have worst versions of the games you like but we'll get the extra stuff first." I am a patient man so this did nothing at all for me. I will however be purchasing Ori and perhaps Sunset as they looked very good. Oh and I cannot wait for season 2 in KI Combo and Cinder..... get HYPE.

Jack cw

Was really solid. No game that would make me buy a xbone though. And no megaton and cgi trailers left me a bit disappointed.

Pain

Banned
Disappointed. No surprises. No shocking partnerships or announcements.
PS4 has nothing to worry about this holiday.

Not going to lie, the Master Chief Collection has me pretty tempted...

Probably won't get an Xbox just for that, but it's a pretty sweet item for Halo fans. "All on one disc" sounds like it's $60 for all four games, not a bad price for a 4 game HD collection.

Did they said it was 60 dollars?

Edit: LOL as I write it. They confirm it on GameTrailers.

Best valued game of all time.

Regge

Neo Member
6.5/10 no exsulsiv that really interested me .. was hoping for some quantum break gameplay , the only game that would make buy a xone at the moment.

Kelsey

Banned
Was hoping for a 360 price drop announcement. Nope. But I notice that Amazon bumped the price of the current Spring bundle from 249 to 300. WTF, MS?

Enjoyed the conference but as others have said no real surprises.

Sunset Overdrive is the game closest to tempting me to pick up a Xbone to go along with the PS4, but I still don't see that happening for some time, if ever.

Still it was great to see Microsoft focus on games, great to see for all Xbox owners.

rdrr gnr

Generously... 7/10.

They did not bore us, but they did not show anything even close to megaton. Too many already leaked games, no suprises, and few announcment were not even present [Quantum Break, Gears]. I expected more.
You expect more when you frequent the forum most responsible for popularizing leaks? That's not fair for any party.

LuuKyK

I think it was just a very safe presentation. Nothing unexpected or no build up to any announcement. Yes, it was all games, and that is great. But the pace was kinda weird, they rushed through so many CG trailers and games that it didn't really felt like valuable games to their line-up. They were more focused on saying that they would have DLC first than anything else.

I also noticed this tentative of setting apart from the "we are all about shooters" stereotype with games like Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound, with the hipster protagonist and funny dialogue/attitude. Not that its a bad thing, its a rather welcome change actually, but it just felt forced to some extent.

KiraXD

super meh...

Unless you love halo (i hate halo)... what was awesome about the show?

Phantom Dust looks RUINED with that terrible westernized art direction... Crackdown looks meh... (arent we bored with Saints Row... crackdown isnt standoutish these days)

ScaleBound looks awesome (i love Platinum games) but another CGI trailer... woooow.

The fact that a lot of posters in here are disappointed is mainly due to the fact that... MS's conference was waaaay over hyped. It was only logical that they wouldn't be able to deliver.

JimiNutz

Banned
Grade A for me, but Im a Halo, Forza and Crackdown fan. Sunset Overdrive looks amazing as well.
Ori looked stunning too.

Toparaman

Banned
My grade is a 2.5 out of five. Lots of games but too many leaks as well as well as CG. The only game that really grabbed both me and my GF was Ori. Them feels...

A fantastic conference only spoiled by leaks. Love the line-up both for this year and beyond, but I think Sunset Overdrive stole the show for me. Well done, Insomniac.

What could they conceivably do about leaks though? It seems inevitable in this day and age.

Assanova

I really wanted a reason to buy an Xbox One this year, and their conference showed me nothing that I wanted that wasn't already announced for PS4. Sunset Overdrive looked good, but it wasn't enough to convince me to invest.

Solid conference for MS. But no real surprises. So much stuff was leaked this year before hand. I suspect Sony will be the same. All the leaks killed the surprises.

Sunset Overdrive looks so good. And Crackdown 1 is one of my all time fav games. High hopes for three even though 2 was not so good.

Division still looks great. Bullets denting the metal cover was AWESOME.

BeeDog

Good reversal from previous years' shows (i.e. the sole focus on games), but nothing really alluring, and too much CG.

Raist

Banned
No OP update with bullet points? Meh.

Can anyone do a quick one?

- SO gameplay
- AC: U gameplay
- Halo Collection
- Scalebound (trailer)
- Crackdown (trailer)
- Phantom Dust (?)

What else?
No QB?

My thoughts -

* Ori was the highlight it looked absolutely fantastic.

* Cuphead and Inside also looked amazing.

* The Witcher III footage looked brilliant and it was great to see Tomb Raider 2 announced.

* New game reveals were mostly disappointing as they were largely CG.

* Way too many third party titles

* No footage from Halo 5 was disappointing.

* The focus on games was great and the pace was fantastic. Structurally what I want to see out of all conferences.

Overall it was a tad disappointing. The new games were way to far off and CG trailers suck. The third party content was pretty useless as generally you know those will be superior on PS4. I expected more exclusives and surprises - no real megatons or big announcements outside of Crackdown and the Platinum Game (but again it was just CG).

KOHIPEET

Sony or Nintendo need just a single "surprise" to raise the bar after this one.
Literally everything was leaked or known beforehand. People at MS must have been frustrated as hell.

This.
While leaks entertain us in boring parts of the year, thay actually ruin the most fun part of the year.

#dontsupportleakers

One of the best E3 conferences I've seen in years. Perfectly paced with one game after another and even the Halo Collection that we all knew was coming managed to floor me with all the content included and what exactly that content was. In Phil I trusted, and he fucking DELIVERED. Just like my boy Jack Tretton said I'd give MS a solid A.

Horp

8/10
I thought it was great. Ok lots of it was known but come on, it was awesome. I keep getting stunned by how awesome some of these new games look.

Good stuff! I'm excited for end of 2014 and 2015!

Ugh why tease me with Conker only to crush my dreams! damn you!

Somewhat decent conference, Ori & Inside look really good. that Dead Rising 3 DLC looks weird as all hell, might have to try it.

Phantom Dust & Scalebound wont be coming for awhile, no surprises otherwise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Everything was leaked" is not really a fair criticism of the conference, in my opinion.

Baleoce

Not fussed that things were leaked beforehand. That's not their problem. In general this was a pretty solid conference, all games. No media or motion junk. No celeb cameos. Pretty pleased overall. Sunset Overdrive and that Dead Rising DLC looked a lot of fun.

KB24

Solid conference. I don't seem to be as impressed as most folks, but I can understand why people are excited. Looking forward to seeing the Nintendo and Sony conferences.

tekrapid

Neo Member
6/10 from me.

Forza looks like Forza so...
Halo collection looks very cool
Fable looks crap
Crackdown, Phantom Dust & platinums new game, CGI so can't really say
Project Spark could be interesting
Sunset Overdrive and Ori really stole the show for me as far as exclusives go.

Vizzeh

Banned
MS did okay, was all about the games... Just WAY too much 3rd party showings for me, didnt show me enough exclusives to justify the purchase of the console for, I wanted to be seduced.

Had an interest in Sunset overdrive, Fable, Limbo. meh. Hope Sony bring it later, as nothing blew me away.

Top Bottom