• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 World Cup Group Draw |OT| A Global Audience for Ball Cupping

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Klinsmann is a fraud.

dempsey-face-9-11-12.gif

That has England beating Spain in the first knockouts, Mexico in the quarters, before losing to Columbia in the semis, having come second to the USA in the groups.

wat
The draw portion is random and then they decide the knockout rounds based on FIFA rankings and probabilities. I've seen some weird results in the knockouts, but that's how the WC goes sometimes.

inky

That has England beating Spain in the first knockouts, Mexico in the quarters, before losing to Columbia in the semis, having come second to the USA in the groups.

wat

Mine has a World Cup final between Cameroon and Brazil, LOL. Dunno what numbers they are using.

Juicy Bob

Apparently, the Guardian reckon Bosnia-Herzegovina will finish top of a group with Spain, Australia and Ecuador with the Ecuadorians finishing group runners up.

So cute when British people try to care about the WC. Their team will fail again anyway.

Makes me laugh when people act like England fans are unaware of the lack of quality in the team. Do one.

Getting knocked out early will almost be worth it just to see the face on the resolve-testing owl-faced arse-sniffing Poulsen-buying quadruple-joweled cunt at the helm

@pulse, Scotland and Wales' national teams are an embarassment to the sport, yous lot can do one as well

pulsemyne

Makes me laugh when people act like England fans are unaware of the lack of quality in the team. Do one.

Getting knocked out early will almost be worth it just to see the face on the resolve-testing owl-faced arse-sniffing Poulsen-buying quadruple-joweled cunt at the helm

@pulse, Scotland and Wales' national teams are an embarassment to the sport, yous lot can do one as well

Yeah but we don't hype ours up beyond belief and then spend four years crying about why things have gone wrong.

Wilbur

Banned
There was a jokes paragraph in a Miguel Delaney article recently:

Suarez occupies a special place in the English national consciousness. He is, perhaps, the first football player to be grouped -- along with Piers Morgan and the French -- as a genuine enemy of the state, loathed in equal measure by north and south, rich and poor. He has done more to bring the disparate communities of England together than any amount of political policy-making. It would be wonderful to see him score the winner against Hodgson's team. Preferably with his hand.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I hope the 2014 WC OT matches or even exceeds South Africa's in laughs. The last one was a complete riot from start to finish.

Edit: Wilbur knows what I'm talking about ^^^^

Italy is due for a group of death. I don't remember being in one in my lifetime. If italy and chile are in the same group I'm pretty sure my girlfriend and I will break up lol. Will not be pretty.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah but we don't hype ours up beyond belief and then spend four years crying about why things have gone wrong.

Everyone always speaks as if the media = the fans. Find me one sane minded England fan that thinks we can win the World Cup. It's almost impossible.

2010 was shite. Not enough good games, not enough good goals, not enough controversy, too much corporate nonsense (which will be worse this time,) a shite ball, and vuvuzelas

Hope its more like Euro 2008

Wilbur

Banned
I hope the 2014 WC OT matches or even exceeds South Africa's in laughs. The last one was a complete riot from start to finish.

Edit: Wilbur knows what I'm talking about ^^^^

Bros for life baby

I wasn't around for the World Cup one but recently the 2012 CL and Euros threads were stunning.

My first ban, the Great Cunt War, Meus proclaiming in the wake of Chelsea's win that football is dead

Just glorious

Is this going to be broadcasted in Canada?

The gifs, the salt, the insane boasting, the random meltdowns resulting in a cavalcade of bannings.

I don't really partake in the Football |OT|, but the WC and the Euro always deliver gallows of lols.

Oh man the memories, I remember, it was then when I became a real

Best meltdowns are always from EnglandGAF, DutchGAF and of course ItalyGAF

Az

Bosnian here, enjoying the underdog role. No pressure on our guys.

Hope we get Brazil in our group.

alba

Little is the new Big
Belgian here rooting for Brazil since I was a little kid! Hope they win (home country seems to be good so I guess them doing well can only be a plus).

*runs*

cashman

Banned
Did that simulation and got

Argentina
USA
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Cote d'Ivoire

And USA beating Brazil and Colombia before losing to Spain in the semis with Argentina beating Spain in the final. lol.

Italy is due for a group of death. I don't remember being in one in my lifetime. If italy and chile are in the same group I'm pretty sure my girlfriend and I will break up lol. Will not be pretty.

2006 was group of death for Italy. How old are you? :p

Italy
Ghana
US
Czech Republic

I hope Italy plays Germany. They play the best matches together and Italy are kryptonite for Germany.

Most likely the last we see Pirlo and Gigi in a major international tourney. :(
2006 was group of death for Italy. How old are you? :p

Italy
Ghana
US
Czech Republic
Damn you know your right.

KingGondo

Banned
So the US are likely to end up with a much tougher draw than Mexico, correct?

Fucking bullshit.

At least we're bringing our best side in modern history to Brazil. Cannot wait for next summer.

woodland

ROONEY

But seriously, looking forward to this one. 2010 World Cup was my junior year at HS and skipping to town to watch that was fantastic. Excited for Rooney and Croatia.

GO CROATIA

Wilbur

Banned
Ah, no team by team descriptions this year?

You disappointed me Wes :(

Brazil: winners
Spain: fucking spent
Germany: lol
Uruguay: cunts
Belgium: chocolate
Colombia: andres rip
Switzerland: who
Argentina: messi + 10
Cameroon: sleeveless shirts rip
Nigeria: quite good
Ivory Coast: drogbaaaa
Algeria: pointless
Chile: king arturo
Ecuador: meh
Ghana: please beat uruguay
Japan: shinji
Iran: u wot m8
South Korea: kim jong-un >
Australia: shit
USA: think they're good, but shit
Mexico: think they're good, but shitter
Costa Rica: wanchope
Honduras: pulga
Bosnia: tiny
Croatia: picnic
England: GOAT
Greece: boring and can fuck off
Italy: balo go away
Holland: will flop as usual
Portugal: ronaldo + 10
Russia: cold penises
France: biggest cunts

ROONEY

But seriously, looking forward to this one. 2010 World Cup was my junior year at HS and skipping to town to watch that was fantastic. Excited for Rooney and Croatia.

GO CROATIA

He hasn't scored at an international tournament since 2004 iirc

Brazil: winners
Spain: fucking spent
Germany: lol
Uruguay: cunts
Belgium: chocolate
Colombia: andres rip
Switzerland: who
Argentina: messi + 10
Cameroon: sleeveless shirts rip
Nigeria: quite good
Ivory Coast: drogbaaaa
Algeria: pointless
Chile: king arturo
Ecuador: meh
Ghana: please beat uruguay
Japan: shinji
Iran: u wot m8
South Korea: kim jong-un >
Australia: shit
USA: think they're good, but shit
Mexico: think they're good, but shitter
Costa Rica: wanchope
Honduras: pulga
Bosnia: tiny
Croatia: picnic
England: GOAT
Greece: boring and can fuck off
Italy: balo go away
Holland: will flop as usual
Portugal: ronaldo + 10
Russia: cold penises
France: biggest cunts

Agreed on the last line at least

I'm trying to figure out if Colombia are for real or not. I think they're going to choke on a big stage with real competition. 2010 was a good learning experience for Chile. I may be biased but I really think they will surprise a lot of people. All I know is they are a team I wouldn't want to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom