• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

thelastword

Banned
DB Xenoverse XB1

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
This game seems to have nice IQ, is it just in cutscenes that it looks so clean?

damn the order is just insane, hoping most developers will catch up to those graphics in 2 years. this really shows off the 10x jump in power we expected from next gen consoles.

CozMick

Banned
Is there something wrong with how the xbox one outputs screenshots?

A lot of them look like the contrast is at 200%.

Theorry

Very nice. But still quite a difference between ACU a next gen only title and BF wich also came out on the old consoles.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Created a Twitter account for the thread so if anyone wants to use Twitter without making an account then send me a PM.

ib2rBiNTkjdgyU.jpg

iCovw99DwHGXT.jpg

ibbL0pwwoCUH56.jpg

Ecto1

Neo Member
Jeez I'm starting to see the damage of the MS PR stuff here. GPU extra stuff? They have optimized CPU stuff dropping the kinect, and the SDK improvement maybe give some help in the ESRAM department but I exclude they pull extra power in the GPU with a simple SDK update.

They aren't volumetric light shaft, but a simple tech which work with the bloom giving the illusion to generate light shafts (I forgot the right word) in U3, volumetric light shaft are quite expensive for ps4 too, I can't imagine for the poor ps3 hardware.

Wow... Both Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us use a simple form of volumetrics for lights such as spotlights or tourches... Which is different to the bloom related post possessing effects you seem to be thinking of.

Just for reference:
http://youtu.be/h-KDfab0c7Q?t=1m19s

fmz3Ljl.jpg

FStKcW6.jpg

The camera isn't facing the light sources, which means that its not a simple bloom effect. But what do I know.

omonimo

Banned
Wow... Both Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us use a simple form of volumetrics for lights such as spotlights or tourches... Which is different to the bloom related post possessing effects you seem to be thinking of.

Just for reference:
http://youtu.be/h-KDfab0c7Q?t=1m19s

fmz3Ljl.jpg

FStKcW6.jpg

The camera isn't facing the light sources, which means that its not a simple bloom effect. But what do I know.
Oh ....are you sure? I don't know it existed a simple form of volumetric light. The thing I don't understant, for example, why game like Metro Redux not used it on console, if it's that cheap to run on the older ps3.
So you're using other people's screnshots of a game that actually has AF on PS4 to complain about the lack of it on PS4. You are something else dude.
O_O Why I shouldn't?

Ecto1

Neo Member
Oh ....are you sure? I don't know it existed a simple form of volumetric light. The thing I don't understant, for example, why game like Metro Redux not used it on console, if it's that cheap to run on the older ps3.

O_O Why I shouldn't?

Its simple in the way that its low precision volumetric spot lights and not area, point or directional lights, so its lower cost as its only a small cone. If you compere it to other volumetric solutions it lacks depth and thickness, and only affects a small area from a set direction. Both uncharted 3 and the last of us can only have one or two volumetric lights per scene though, so it is still very demanding.

if you actually watched the video, or even played the games, you would know that it is volumetric though.

Ill leave it like that, as this thread is not really a technical discussion.

Noobcraft

Just a heads up to Xbox One owners, the screenshot function captures a shot with whatever setting you have the console set to (Limited RGB vs Full RGB, 720p vs 1080p), meaning pictures with a limited RGB will appear slightly washed out on monitors.

Full RGB:
screenshot-original1692s2g.png

Limited RGB:
screenshot-original17trst9.png

screenshot-original18wys8w.png

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good lord, Injustice and Dead or Alive 5 look terrible, ew.

Already gotten used to new gen visuals ey? But to be fair, DOA5 had worse IQ and worse everything else visually from DOA4 to begin with, a 2005 game. The only thing it did better than the previous game was the character models, they're great.

As for Injustice...well the original game looked like crap too. Its just unfortunate cause MKX actually looks pretty decent

c0de

Jeez I'm starting to see the damage of the MS PR stuff here. GPU extra stuff? They have optimized CPU stuff dropping the kinect, and the SDK improvement maybe give some help in the ESRAM department but I exclude they pull extra power in the GPU with a simple SDK

Given how often you participate in df threads, it's surprising such a wrong post from you. But good to know for future discussions.

Melchiah

I prefer The Orders native presentation to an up-scaled alternative. Besides, the fact its running 4xMSAA means that it could easily run at 1920x1080 with more standard console AA, so it irritates me a little when people complain about it, as its clearly an artistic choice from the developer... It would in fact be less clear if it was 1920x1080 with standard console AA. Funny the way that works. And even though up-scaled content is blurrier than native content, some games with good AA tend to look slightly more soft and filmic in my opinion. Id still rather have native clarity though.

And lastly, Its nice to see more Xbox One stuff here. Loving the Ryse, Halo and Sunset Overdrive screens.

Likewise. Native is always better than upscaled. Its aspect ratio isn't the same as ACU's 900p, which was implied in the post I replied to. Given the choice, I'd rather take the black bars instead of 900p.

The PNG shots I've seen of ACU before on another thread look pretty nice, and I wish the PS4 offered lossless captures as well.

Gurish

This area specifically really convinced that this engine would be perfect for a survival horror game. That looks strikingly similar to the pre-rendered backgrounds created for RE:Remake. Very impressive.

Nice observation.
Fuck I would just kill for a classic RE in this engine!

If RAD will get a second chance they got to make a survival horror game, the scope can be pretty limited just like TO so the visuals should stay the same quality.

Ecto1

Neo Member
Likewise. Native is always better than upscaled. Its aspect ratio isn't the same as ACU's 900p, which was implied in the post I replied to. Given the choice, I'd rather take the black bars instead of 900p.

The PNG shots I've seen of ACU before on another thread look pretty nice, and I wish the PS4 offered lossless captures as well.

I completely agree

Son Of D

Judging from the posted screencaps, there really is a low variety of games for the next gen. It's always the same.

It's because it's people posting images from the latest games for each platform with an occasional older game. It'll be very notable at the end of the year when we'll see a whole load of Zelda U, Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 screens and little of anything else.

Ecto1

Neo Member
Judging from the posted screencaps, there really is a low variety of games for the next gen. It's always the same.

To be fair, its the same newly released games available on any platform. (aside from the remasters and ports) Its not like PC or last gen has a massive amount of newly released games that are not on next gen... So Im not quite sure what you are saying?

Is it that there aren't many newly released games out at the moment? That there are too many ports or remasters? Or that there are older games on older gen consoles / pc?

Can anyone tell me the method of uploading Xbox One screenshots? I'm not near my console at the moment, just curious of the specific steps. I heard it uses Xbox.com or something?

Noobcraft

Can anyone tell me the method of uploading Xbox One screenshots? I'm not near my console at the moment, just curious of the specific steps. I heard it uses Xbox.com or something?
Upload App -> Menu button -> Share to Twitter -> follow twitter link to xbox.com -> link.
Screenshot-Original.png

This is a link that twitter will give you:
https://account.xbox.com/en-US/scre...aft&scid=0cb80100-7cb6-4a1e-84b1-e4f93ccaffb9

It's best to download them from the Xbox site and rehost them elsewhere (abload, minus, etc.) so they don't get deleted when they get old (like Xbox clips)

You share the screenshot from the Upload app, and it seems to tweet on your profile with a link to the screenshot on Xbox.com. It's a weird process but worth it for dat clean PNG goodness.

Preview program said all functions of the picture sharing aren't working yet. So I'm not sure.

Shin-Ra

What funny is that for all the people whinging about games that cant hit 1080p aren't next gen or not buying unless it's 1080p, 2 of the best showcases for their respective consoles aren't 1080p. Funny that.
The Order has far higher sub-pixel precision than any upscaled 900p game with ppAA.

f0lken

Killer Instinct (XB1)

ibcOYQmohvMUKz.png

iXofH89wodsT6.png

iho0O1oZ3nxwJ.png

I can't get a single screenshot of KI right, it is not optimized for the guide button double tap (It shows the pause menu when you do that) so I have to tell "Take a screenshot" command, the issue is that even though the command is in english, my console is set up in spanish, so telling the command in english is useless, and i can't say "Toma una captura" because it is not translated yet, so I have to tell the command as it would be pronounced in spanish, its very confusing and awkward, I already sent feedback, hopefully it will get sorted out when the final update comes out

So this is my first time posting screenshots and just wanted a little clarification before I jump in. When you say no double posting do you mean that its ok to wait till someone else posts before you post again or just one post per page?

P.S. I read the rules but it's entirely possible I'm brain lapsing right now.

So this is my first time posting screenshots and just wanted a little clarification before I jump in. When you say no double posting do you mean that its ok to wait till someone else posts before you post again or just one post per page?

P.S. I read the rules but it's entirely possible I'm brain lapsing right now.

Wait for someone else to post before you post again.

drigosr

I can't get a single screenshot of KI right, it is not optimized for the guide button double tap (It shows the pause menu when you do that) so I have to tell "Take a screenshot" command, the issue is that even though the command is in english, my console is set up in spanish, so telling the command in english is useless, and i can't say "Toma una captura" because it is not translated yet, so I have to tell the command as it would be pronounced in spanish, its very confusing and awkward, I already sent
feedback, hopefully it will get sorted out when the final update comes out

Well, it works for me. You have to know that, at the moment you double tap the guide button the screenshot is automatically captured, so it's before the game pauses. When you press Y to save the moment. Despite working, it's still hard to double tap while playing. Sometimes, I press more than 2 times or less and it goes back to the mais screen. It's kind of a mess, lol. But be patient and you will get how it works! Show us what you can capture later!

Top Bottom