• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I picked up Chandler when Gronk got injured, can just wait till gametime.

The guy I'm playing against in the playoffs was right above me on the waiver wire and he snagged Chandler. Bastard.

So I just picked up Will Tye (@Mia)...I think I'm going to bench Jordan Reed and hope Gronk plays. If not, Tye isn't a terrible backup. On the flip side, if Reed goes off tomorrow, I'm going to hate myself.

I'm kinda in a dilemma right now. Should I start Marvin Jones in my flex or should I go with Tyler Lockett?

Edit: I also have Ted Gin, which I might have to start him.

So I'm number one in my league, but the second place team ties my record of 9-4 and is also in my division. Next week is the start of playoffs and I need to win this week in case the second place team wins.

Two questions

Stafford v. Rodgers?
Cooper v. Crabtree?

Which ones should I look at putting in my lineup?

Pick Three: DeAngelo Williams, Doug Martin, Thomas Rawls, Javorius Allen, Darren McFadden

Pick Two: Julio Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Brandin Cooks, Kamar Aiken, Tyler Lockett

Currently have Williams, Martin, and Allen as my RBs.

Julio Jones and Sanders as my WR.

Main dilemma's are Rawls or Allen and Sanders or Cooks

Allens receiving threat is what makes this even tougher.

looking for some opinions on what to do about RB and FLEX today. I went crazy on waivers past two weeks and this is what I got in order of my confidence this week. Standard league btw

RB
S. Ware vs SD
R. Mathews vs BUF
T. Hightower vs TB
G. Bernard vs PIT
J. White vs HOU
J. Allen vs SEA

FLEX
D. Parker vs NYG
A. Hurns vs IND
A. Cooper vs DEN
One of my RBs

id play Allen at RB since hes the only legit starter I have left but SEA is gonna eat him up, the rest are all commitee backs. I figure Ware is a no doubt red zone option and KC leans heavy on the run. Think im gonna roll the dice on Mathews. For Flex im leaning towards Parker but its close with Hurns. Parker is hot and Hurns is not.

Thoughts?

Badosh

Pick Three: DeAngelo Williams, Doug Martin, Thomas Rawls, Javorius Allen, Darren McFadden

Pick Two: Julio Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Brandin Cooks, Kamar Aiken, Tyler Lockett

Rawls no doubt. Allen is going to get nothing with Clausen under center and against this D.

WRs look good.

Tom Nook

DW, D Martin, and TR. Allen vs SEA? Nope.

JJ and BC. NO vs TB is going to be a shootout.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ignore my last post did some pickups.

Pick two.

Sammy Watkins
Chris Ivory
Dez Bryant
DeSean Jackson
Travis Benjamin

Leaning towards Watkins and Ivory. Have Brandon Marshall in my WR1 slot, and Rawls in the RB slot, and I see no reason to sit either of them. So it's just the 2nd WR slot and Flex I need to fill.

I'm kinda in a dilemma right now. Should I start Marvin Jones in my flex or should I go with Tyler Lockett?

Edit: I also have Ted Gin, which I might have to start him.
Lockett no doubt. Jones didnt do anything against PIT coming off a bye week last time they played. Ginn cant catch and SEA offense is hot and playing a bad BAL defense

McFadden or Spencer Ware at RB2?

Allen Hurns, Devante Parker or Lockett at flex?
McFadden and flip a coin for Hurns and Parker. Im debating Hurns/Parker myself. Parker has bigger upside.

So I'm number one in my league, but the second place team ties my record of 9-4 and is also in my division. Next week is the start of playoffs and I need to win this week in case the second place team wins.

Two questions

Stafford v. Rodgers?
Cooper v. Crabtree?

Which ones should I look at putting in my lineup?
Rodgers and Crabtree.

Id shy away from Allen today (I am due to SEA defense). Go with Rawls and id prob go with Julio and hope his talent shines. ATL has been pretty ineffective running the ball lately so he will get looks since ATL will prob be losing

Need a WR and FLEX. Lots of tough match ups for my teams today.

Dez Bryant
Brandon LaFell
Travis Benjamin
Chris Ivory

Also noticed that DeSean Jackson and Sammy Watkins are available. Could dump a few guys for them.

Leaning towards Dez and Ivory, but I think Benjamin could have a good game with Johnny back. Just don't know who'd I'd swap him with.
Dump LaFell for Watkins and start Sammy and Benjamin who have great matchups. SF and PHI defenses are suspect.

Should I start Amendola or Tate?
Amendola

FTF

Always bet on Gronk, even though Reed is great!

Should I start Cam or Brady, since Gronk is back?

I wouldn't count on Gronk doing much today, but Brady had a 4 td game last week without him/much on offense. Still hard to not play Cam against Falcons though. I'd go with Cam I think (especially if your league only gives 4pts for a throwing td).

I wouldn't count on Gronk doing much today, but Brady had a 4 td game last week without him/much on offense. Still hard to not play Cam against Falcons though. I'd go with Cam I think (especially if your league only gives 4pts for a throwing td).

Hrm. I get 6 for a throwing TD, and Brady did go ham on the Eagles last week, but so did Cam. No choice is bad, but gaddammit. I'll roll with Cam I think.

McFadden or Crabtree for my flex? I'm leaning Crabtree but still kinda unsure.

Depends on what you are looking for from the spot.

DMC is getting consistent carries and catches and is close to a lock for like 7-8 pts at least.

Crabby could get shut by DEN or he could get 25 pts.

Id prob go McFadden out of respect for that DEN defense.

Lockett is a sneaky consistent gainer for me now since kickoff returns count for a ton in my league. Same reason I kept Dwayne Harris in there for a bit

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, my team is set. Going up against someone who has given up. Hasn't even replaced Foles with Ben the last few weeks.

Il9QMl8.png

Currently in 6th place. 4-6 teams are all 8-5 In a tie-breaker, I'm 7 points behind the #5 team, and 50 points behind the #4 team, so I need them to lose.

Doomsayer

Tyrod Taylor or Jamaius Winston?

Pick four:

Chris ivory
Sammy Watkins
Martavis Bryant
AJ Green
Brandin Cooks
DeAngelo Williams

AJ and Bryant are must starts, but it's hazy after that. Ivory has been hit or miss as has Watkins and Cooks. Any suggestions?

UberTag

Boy... I'm sure glad I finished in 3rd place for the SLAENT league playoffs instead of 2nd or 4th.

The guy I'm playing against in the playoffs was right above me on the waiver wire and he snagged Chandler. Bastard.

So I just picked up Will Tye (@Mia)...I think I'm going to bench Jordan Reed and hope Gronk plays. If not, Tye isn't a terrible backup. On the flip side, if Reed goes off tomorrow, I'm going to hate myself.
I really hope you didn't decide to bench Reed.
Reed's one of the few tight ends you should never bench so long as he's healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom