• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I made it to the playoffs as expected. Sad to have lost Rawls especially since I already lost Jamaal Charles earlier this season. Up against the number one seed and projected to lose. Gonna go in to the playoffs limping at RB with Gore, Ivory and David Johnson as my best option. We have one designated RB spot in our league and 3 flex so I might just use all my flex spots on my receivers Cooks, Watkins and Delaine Walker.

nillapuddin

Of the 3 playoff games in my league (2 winner, 1 loser bracket)

The projected lines are 0, .1, and 15.5

Im the 15 point favorite. Which means Im going to lose

xAuQAbR.png

Potential Waiver moves, drop ASJ/Sanders, Add D Robinson/Michael Floyd

Im a wreck, my lineup is a crapshot and Im more afraid to lose than excited to win : /

Tom Nook

Lost Dalton and maybe Eifert last weekend. Thank goodness I had a bye week.

I guess Brees will be the guy to take me to the championship.

Definitely will try picking up Lockett on waivers

Need waiver advice in RB.
Who should get higher priority?

Hightower vs Det or D Robinson vs ATL.

Thanks

Dosia

Man I hate fantasy during the playoffs. Yr after yr having one of the top teams, just to lose to a shit team that sneaks into the playoffs. 2 yrs in a row I had the most pt scored against as well. Lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well fuck...at least I advanced in one league, but next I get to play the first place dude who is averaging like 165 pts per game.

Same.

Last night in the league that I care about more I was down 5 with Lamar Miller and Josh Brown, he had OBJ.

After the 2 TDs and the couple of PATs and one FG from Brown, I thought I was sitting pretty. Surely Lamar would get more touches and actually put me over the top and OBJ had been quiet.

.... :(

I advanced in my other league but now face the guy in that league that has Watkins, OBJ, Marshall, and Russell Wilson. I am fucking toast.

Despite making all the wrong moves, I've made it to the championship (it's a 2 week long championship). Unfortunately, I'm decimated at RB after losing Stewart and Rawls.

I'm #1 on waivers...who do I add? Hightower @ DET? Robinson @ ATL? Artis-Payne @ NYG?

Whoever it is, I need to start them this week.

Is Dez and Demarco Murray droppable at this point? I am looking at Ted Ginn and Tyler Lockett on the WW.

Also trying to add Brandon Bolden and Denard Robinson.

Tom Nook

Is Dez and Demarco Murray droppable at this point? I am looking at Ted Ginn and Tyler Lockett on the WW.

Also trying to add Brandon Bolden and Denard Robinson.

Murray? Yes, Eagles are winning games without him. I would drop DEZ being this late in the season and needed the bench space. Ginn and Lockett are better options.

Despite making all the wrong moves, I've made it to the championship (it's a 2 week long championship). Unfortunately, I'm decimated at RB after losing Stewart and Rawls.

I'm #1 on waivers...who do I add? Hightower @ DET? Robinson @ ATL? Artis-Payne @ NYG?

I would go with either one of these two. Hard to say which one though.

SummitAve

Banned
Trying to decide between Denard and Hightower as well. Anyone watch them play and have any insight? I wish I knew more about Yeldons status too.

Tom Nook

I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm putting Robinson vs ATL number 1, then Hightower number 2.

TylerD

Playoffs time! I'm sitting at #2 (10-4) and I'm playing #7 (7-7). We have a 3 week, 8 fucking team playoff in a 10 team league...ARRGGGHHH

I'm playing all my Cards this week after leaving John Brown on the bench for Evans last week. I only won by 3 when it could have been 12. JB against Philly is looking tasty.

A Brown, D Hopkins, M Evans only combined for 17.8 last week. Horrible.

I would say him, Bolden and Robinson. Blount was placed on IR, he's done.

So tough...first off, I'm staying away from NE RBs. Robinson has 2 great matchups (ATL and NO), but he could lose the job if Yeldon comes back. Brown is great for this week against Cleveland, but he faces StL next week. Argh!

mr2xxx

Banned
Ranked #2 in both my money leagues and even in one of my accidental thought it was mock but turns out to be a free league.

Lacy vs Ivory in a PPR league?

Of the 3 playoff games in my league (2 winner, 1 loser bracket)

The projected lines are 0, .1, and 15.5

Im the 15 point favorite. Which means Im going to lose

xAuQAbR.png

Potential Waiver moves, drop ASJ/Sanders, Add D Robinson/Michael Floyd

Im a wreck, my lineup is a crapshot and Im more afraid to lose than excited to win : /

Drop Sanders and try to get D.Robinson just so ur opponent doesnt get him in the event he starts. If Yeldon cant go i think DRob is a 10 pt improvement over Langford at this point for them.

Jesus, these decisions couldn't be any harder for playoff time. With the Hightower/Robinson/Bolden/White/Brown situations. UUUUGH

Here are my waiver plays for tomorrow:
DROP
Travis Benjamin
Spencer Ware
Dez Bryant
Demarco Murray

ADD
Bryce Brown
Brandon Bolden
Tyler Lockett
Denard Robinson

I am also debating on if I should drop Emmanuel Sanders for Ted Ginn?

THEN depending on which RBs I get off waiver, who the hell do I start?????
I currently have Gurley and Hightower as my starters.

UberTag

Jesus, these decisions couldn't be any harder for playoff time. With the Hightower/Robinson/Bolden/White/Brown situations. UUUUGH

Here are my waiver plays for tomorrow:
DROP ADD
Travis Benjamin Bryce Brown
Spencer Ware Brandon Bolden
Dez Bryant Tyler Lockett
Demarco Murray Denard Robinson

I am also debating on if I should drop Emmanuel Sanders for Ted Ginn?

THEN depending on which RBs I get off waiver, who the hell do I start?????
I currently have Gurley and Hightower as my starters.
That's a weird way to do waivers.

My waiver lists are always along the lines of...
-> #1 Guy I Want Most for Guy I Want to Keep the Least
-> #2 Guy I Want 2nd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the Least
-> #3 Guy I Want 2nd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the 2nd Least
-> #4 Guy I Want 3rd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the Least
-> #5 Guy I Want 3rd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the 2nd Least
-> #6 Guy I Want 3rd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the 3rd Least (unless he's better than this guy in which case I skip #6)

You're constructing your waiver pick-ups and drops on the mistaken assumption that you're going to get everyone or that none of the guys you're dropping still matter. I'm sure you'd rather keep Ware and Benjamin over Murray and Dez so why not make them your priority drops for EVERY player you're interested in.

Only the 2 people in the championship game can make waiver claims in my league(or is it that way for everyone?). I'm first, which means I can definitely get 2 of these waiver RBs. I think I'm going with Robinson and Hightower. If my opponent tries to pick up an RB, I have to assume they'll go for Bryce Brown, so I can get Hightower afterward. And then if Yeldon plays, I'll at least have a backup.

So my RBs for the championship will be Lacy and Robinson, with a WR in Flex. What could possibly go wrong???

That's a weird way to do waivers.

My waiver lists are always along the lines of...
-> #1 Guy I Want Most for Guy I Want to Keep the Least
-> #2 Guy I Want 2nd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the Least
-> #3 Guy I Want 2nd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the 2nd Least
-> #4 Guy I Want 3rd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the Least
-> #5 Guy I Want 3rd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the 2nd Least
-> #6 Guy I Want 3rd Most for Guy I Want to Keep the 3rd Least (unless he's better than this guy in which case I skip #6)

You're constructing your waiver pick-ups and drops on the mistaken assumption that you're going to get everyone or that none of the guys you're dropping still matter. I'm sure you'd rather keep Ware and Benjamin over Murray and Dez so why not make them your priority drops for EVERY player you're interested in.

Thanks for the advice, I usually only add 1 or 2 guys at a time at most, never have I done 4 lol.

toneroni

I'd go with Shoelace I think but Hightower is good too

toneroni

Wow despite all the injuries, I'm #1 in my 2qb league, and squeaked by my first round matchup as #6 in my bigger $ league. Wife as usual is #1 in her work league (won 2/3 years)

Need some help in my big league though
QB is Roth and my Def is Denver
I'm thinking of possibly picking up fitzmagic and Pitt Def.
Was seeing how poorly QBs have done va Denver D but Dallas isn't terrible va QBs either. Pitt defense seems to be playing better than Denver recently and has decent matchup if I make the finals.
Have #1 priority and think I'll use it on Robinson to flex (lost Ingram and someone else picked up Hightower)
Need a better TE as I'm dropping clay - might try for Zach or Heath

Any advice on the QB situation?
Also who to flex?

PPR league / 2 flex -
Qb: Roth
WR: Demaryious / Landry / Kamar / Jones/ Bolden / Moncrief / Ginn
RB: Doug Martin/ D.Williams/ Melvin/ Bilal/ Sims
TE: Clay (trying to get Zach or Heath)
DEF: Denver (trying to get Pitt)

Think I can drop A.Bolden and Melvin. Maybe Moncrief too.
Have super tough matchup against top seed so might flex Robinson (#1 waiver) and either Kamar or Ginn (for the home run potential) what do you guys think?

With the season almost ending, I decided to look back at my picks and see where I could have gone differently:

1 (1): Jamaal Charles - I was feeling really good about choosing him #1 overall until his season ended. Still feel it was the right pick.
2 (24): DeAndre Hopkins - Easily the best choice looking at who went after him.
3 (25): Frank Gore - I loved Frank Gore going into the season. I wanted to wait a little longer to get him but knew I had no choice. LeSean McCoy who wasn't ready at the start of the season went 4 picks after him but I still feel it was ok looking at the next few RB's that went.
4 (48): Keenan Allen - If this was a PPR league I would have dominated early on with him and Hopkins. My WR's have mostly been a wreck since he went out.
5 (49): Matt Ryan - All of the elite QB's were already gone except for Brady, but the draft took place I think a few days before his suspension got overturned. Cam wasn't taken yet either but I had no idea he would play this great losing his best WR. I was feeling good about this pick early with Ryan and Julio dominating but wow he's been awful lately.
6 (72): Steve Smith Sr. - I ended up drafting 6 WR's because outside of my top 2 I didn't feel good about anyone. So when Smith did nothing in the first game, I ended up dropping him thinking he was done. Of course my opponent in week 2 picked him up and started him against me where he went off. Probably the worst decision I made during the season but his season ended up ending early as well.
7 (73): LeGarrette Blount - I loved getting him as a back RB (league is 2RB/3WR/No Flex) thinking he would consistently have the role of the dominant runner in New England. He had a good stretch for awhile but he fell off and now he's done for the year. I'm seeing a trend...
8 (96): Owen Daniels - I didn't think he would put up quite the numbers Julius Thomas did but I thought he would have been a hell of a lot better than how awful he was. Benched him after week 1 but still held on to him for a few more weeks before I found a better TE on waivers.
9 (97): Eddie Royal - This is where I really started taking shots in the dark with WR's. I thought he would have a large role in Chicago with Marshall gone. He ended up doing nothing between being injured and Cutler Cutlering. For some reason 4 kickers went in this round (and one in the previous). However at the bottom of this round were both Arian Foster (who eventually went on IR but still) and Todd Gurley who I should have picked up instead.
10 (120): New England Defense/ST - There was already around 8 defenses taken and I felt like I had to take one before being left with garbage. They weren't awful but not great either and I eventually dropped them.
11 (121): Kendall Wright - Another shock in the dark at a WR. He was very up and down for awhile but was my 3rd WR from week 2 on for awhile. When he came back from injury I ended up putting him in my lineup and took Doug Baldwin out who then scored 3 TD's that week and cost me my match. I think he's now out for the rest of the season as well. Funnily, Tevin Coleman went 1 pick ahead of Devonta Freeman in this round.
12 (144): Joe Flacco - There were very slim pickings left for back up QB's and I felt like Flacco was the best one. Dalton was still available but even with all of his weapons I felt like Flacco would be more likely to randomly throw 5 TD's when I needed him during a bye week or injury. I think I only ended up starting him once during Matt Ryan's bye week. He ended up going on IR as well.
13 (145): Nick Folk - I thought most teams had taken a kicker by this point so I felt like I had to get one I thought was reliable. Carolina's defense somehow wasn't gone until this round but I decided to stick with one defense.
14 (168): Larry Donnell - I just chose the best TE available without much thought here.
15 (169): Tyler Lockett - Complete bias pick. Did nothing outside of a couple return TD's early in the year but has been hot the last 4 weeks or so.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Round 1 of the playoffs and I have one tough matchup.

Need some advice.

Brandon Marshall* (v. Dallas)
Sammy Watkins (v. Washington)
Dez Bryant (v. Jets)
Tyler Lockett (v. Cleveland)
Travis Benjamin (v Seattle)
Ted Ginn (v. Giants)

Chris Ivory* (v. Dallas)
Bryce Brown (v. Cleveland)

* = I have Fitzpatrick as QB.

Need two WR, a RB, and a flex from that list.

I'm leaning towards playing Marshall, Lockett at WR, and Ivory and Brown at RB and Flex.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My RB situation at the start of the year (8 team league):

Jamaal Charles
Matt Forte
Arian Foster (picked up for free off waivers)
Mark Ingram
Chris Ivory
TJ Yeldon

I'm 12-2 and likely going to lose the first round of playoffs.

Somebody start 3 of these idiots for me:

Forte
Ivory
Tim Hightower
Darren McFadden
Brandon Bolden

Leaning Hightower, Ivory and Bolden to maximize touches and just hoping for touchdowns

GiJoccin

Similar issue with this running back revolving door...

I can pick 3: Bryce Brown, Javorius Allen, Denard Robinson, Forte, West

Leaning West if Ware isn't 100 percent, maybe Robinson and Forte

Yup, running back revolving door for me too.

Pick 3.
Devonta Freeman
Matt Forte
Brandon Bolden
Bryce Brown
Denard Robinson

I picked up the last 3 just now. I'm leaning towards Freeman/Robinson/Bolden because Brown hasn't played all year, and Forte's not getting it done

Tom Nook

Round 1 of the playoffs and I have one tough matchup.

Need some advice.

Brandon Marshall* (v. Dallas)
Sammy Watkins (v. Washington)
Dez Bryant (v. Jets)
Tyler Lockett (v. Cleveland)
Travis Benjamin (v Seattle)
Ted Ginn (v. Giants)

Chris Ivory* (v. Dallas)
Bryce Brown (v. Cleveland)

* = I have Fitzpatrick as QB.

Need two WR, a RB, and a flex from that list.

I'm leaning towards playing Marshall, Lockett at WR, and Ivory and Brown at RB and Flex.

I bold the ones I would start.

Sammy has been on a roll lately and I'm not ready for the Brown Hype yet; Just wait and see.

Tom Nook

My RB situation at the start of the year (8 team league):

Jamaal Charles
Matt Forte
Arian Foster (picked up for free off waivers)
Mark Ingram
Chris Ivory
TJ Yeldon

I'm 12-2 and likely going to lose the first round of playoffs.

Somebody start 3 of these idiots for me:

Forte
Ivory
Tim Hightower
Darren McFadden
Brandon Bolden

Leaning Hightower, Ivory and Bolden to maximize touches and just hoping for touchdowns

I agree, I believe those will give you a reasonable returns.

bigkrev

Need to figure out my RBs and recievers

RB: Doug Martin, Shaun Draughn, Denard Robinson (I've lost Blount, Ingram and Forsett over the last month)
WR: Doug Baldwin, Randall Cobb, Mike Evans, Michael Floyd

I'm obviously starting Martin and Baldwin, but need to start 1 more RB and WR and a Flex

Tom Nook

Yup, running back revolving door for me too.

Pick 3.
Devonta Freeman
Matt Forte
Brandon Bolden
Bryce Brown
Denard Robinson

I picked up the last 3 just now. I'm leaning towards Freeman/Robinson/Bolden because Brown hasn't played all year, and Forte's not getting it done

Forte has been pretty decent. Freeman is not that fantasy monster anymore. :(

Dazzler

my league has gone full collusion mode for playoffs and I love it so much

I just received OBJ and Antonio Brown for Dez and Devin Funchess off my bud that's on bye week (I'll trade him them back after this game week) His side of the deal is I'll trade him all my studs if/when I get knocked out

Another person just got Gronk for Jordan Cameron

Tom Nook

Need to figure out my RBs and recievers

RB: Doug Martin, Shaun Draughn, Denard Robinson (I've lost Blount, Ingram and Forsett over the last month)
WR: Doug Baldwin, Randall Cobb, Mike Evans, Michael Floyd

I'm obviously starting Martin and Baldwin, but need to start 1 more RB and WR and a Flex

I would go with these.

I just received OBJ and Antonio Brown for Dez and Devin Funchess off my bud that's on bye week (I'll trade him them back after this game week) His side of the deal is I'll trade him all my studs if/when I get knocked out

Wtf? Why isn't the commissioner stopping it? Are you playing for money?

I have two pair of QB dilemmas in separate leagues. All options are clustered in the lower QB1 area, just want to get some insight.

Derek Carr vs GB or Ryan Fitzpatrick @ DAL

Ben Rothelisberger @ DEN or Tyrod Taylor @ WAS

Been using Carr and Big Ben for most of the season but FitzMagic and TyGod have certainly been consistent in putting up QB1 numbers as well. Going by Yahoo's expert rankings, it would be Fitz and Taylor.

Benching Denver's D since I have Antonio Brown and rolling with the Bucs defense.. with that said I am also thinking of benching Gurley since this is a Thursday night game. Yes I did start him last week, but now I have more choices with Hightower,Bryce Brown,Brandon Bolden. I currently have Robinson as my RB2.

Also, I dropped Emmanuel Sanders for Ted Ginn, smart move?

Dazzler

Wtf? Why isn't the commissioner stopping it? Are you playing for money?

No money on the table, it's a collusion league so he removed the trade veto last week. It descends into this every year and everyone loves it

Idea being that you make shady deals with people to get through playoffs

Tom Nook

How confident are you on OBJ vs CAR (Josh Norman)? He's been in a hot streak but I got a feeling this game will put a stop to it. Should I consider sitting him for that one? I have Lockett vs CLE to replace him.

How confident are you on OBJ vs CAR (Josh Norman)? He's been in a hot streak but I got a feeling this game will put a stop to it. Should I consider sitting him for that one? I have Lockett vs CLE to replace him.

I have OBJ and there's no way I'm benching him. I don't expect another 2 TD, 166 yard game, but he has way too high of a ceiling to be benched. And for Lockett? Nah.

Doomsayer

Round 2 of the playoffs... feels good.

RB: Ivory, D. Johnson, DeAngelo Williams
WR: AJ Green, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant, Brandin Cooks, Michael Floyd

Those are the 5 I'm thinking of going with... not sure if those are the best choices.

I have Kelce at TE, but he has been so bad lately. Not sure if I should look for a replacement.

Denver D has been kind of off lately, too. Against the Steelers I can't imagine them putting up points. Anyone to look for?

Tom Nook

Benching Denver's D since I have Antonio Brown and rolling with the Bucs defense.. with that said I am also thinking of benching Gurley since this is a Thursday night game. Yes I did start him last week, but now I have more choices with Hightower,Bryce Brown,Brandon Bolden. I currently have Robinson as my RB2.

Also, I dropped Emmanuel Sanders for Ted Ginn, smart move?

I would, it's a smart move. Newton and the WRs are on fire.

corneliusb

Neo Member

Think you gotta roll with OBJ, He is always capable of the big play and last week Norman sat nearer the end and Julio started to get work done, maybe he gets rested a little in this game too. Also last season I sat OBJ for Josh Gordon in the playoffs and it cost me, it's the sorta call that will bug you forever if he goes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom