• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

Need some opinions on my lineup

oZQ8xvR.png

Choose 2 - 12 man half PPR

Demaryius Thomas
Tim Hightower
Brandon Bolden
Matt Forte

Debating on the Olsen / Barnidge start

Olsen got injured last game and they are coasting at 13-0. They might just let him rest (especially a guy who plays 100% of snaps) so I'm not sure if I should start him.

Barnidge has been looking good again and SEA is one of the worst against TEs (Olsen torched them for 23 pts when they played). Also Brian Hartline is out and Benjamin is on a huge decline.

Opinions?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Pick 3, please.

AJ Green
Michael Floyd
Ted Ginn
Eric Decker

Ginn's been on fire the past two weeks but he's such a boom-or-bust player that I'm always uneasy starting him. AJ Green has served me well all season, even last week without Dalton, but I'm still unsure I want to start him with McCarron at QB.

Doomsayer

Pick 3, please.

AJ Green
Michael Floyd
Ted Ginn
Eric Decker

Ginn's been on fire the past two weeks but he's such a boom-or-bust player that I'm always uneasy starting him. AJ Green has served me well all season, even last week without Dalton, but I'm still unsure I want to start him with McCarron at QB.

Green is going to do terrible things to the Niners secondary. Pretty sure I could play QB that game. It's going to be rough.

Michael Floyd should have a good game as well, Eagles secondary isn't the best and Palmer loves to take shots.

Ginn and Decker both have boom/bust potential with Ginn's ceiling/floor being higher/lower. Pretty tough. I'd say roll with Decker because he sees consistent targets.

ColdPizza

Banned
I'm torn on DEF.

NYJ at DAL

or

KC at BAL

NYJ is projected for 1 more pt than KC but KC has been way more consistent for me this season.

Then again, Cassell is awful.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Green is going to do terrible things to the Niners secondary. Pretty sure I could play QB that game. It's going to be rough.

Michael Floyd should have a good game as well, Eagles secondary isn't the best and Palmer loves to take shots.

Ginn and Decker both have boom/bust potential with Ginn's ceiling/floor being higher/lower. Pretty tough. I'd say roll with Decker because he sees consistent targets.

Alright, yeah, that's the lineup I was going to go with in the first place anyway. Thanks.

But now that that's out of the way...how about Ginn vs Antonio Gates for FLEX?

The two lessons I learned this year were to avoid Thursday Night games or starting a WR against Denver. Lol.

That said, I kinda have to play Martavis Bryant this weekend, it's him or Darren McFadden....is there any chance Martavis can have success? I have Amendola too, who will be a no-brainer if Edelman is still out, though he looked good in practice today.

need some help putting my roster for this week together. PPR league

I feel like I have a lot of options that may produce similarly.

Im probably gonna have to switch out Tucker for another kicker. Baltimore is going down the drain.

need some help putting my roster for this week together. PPR league

I feel like I have a lot of options that may produce similarly.

Im probably gonna have to switch out Tucker for another kicker. Baltimore is going down the drain.

I would stick with what you got, the only thing i would add is maybe trying to find a place for Robinson since he is playing Atl, I don't know who to replace him with though, that one is on you if you even want to make that move. I agree with the Tucker statement.

NateDrake

Think Fitz is a good start on Saturday as QB against Dallas? My opponent has Brandon Marshall...

Also, any chance Ivory has a strong game this weekend? Really need him to do something as my RB.

Deep league? What are your options?

14 man league.

I had justin forsett, cj2k, jonathan stewert and pretty much all of them got injured lol. Fozzy Whittaker and Chris Polk in on my bench while I have Theo Riddick as my RB2. I was thinking of picking up Mike Tolbert just in case the panthers start him over Whittaker.

Ptaaty

Think Fitz is a good start on Saturday as QB against Dallas? My opponent has Brandon Marshall...

Also, any chance Ivory has a strong game this weekend? Really need him to do something as my RB.

Fitz isn't a good start, especially compared to Marshall.

Ivory should be a good start.

NateDrake

Fitz isn't a good start, especially compared to Marshall.

Ivory should be a good start.

Fitz has been strong the last several weeks. I'm just not sure if Dallas D will shutdown his passing game. If they do, that will diminish Marshall's value as well. Plus, the available QBs in my league are junk this week. Not sure who I'd stream in right now. Cutler & Alex Smith are the best available QBs on the waiver, neither seem like better bets than Fitz.

Ptaaty

Fitz has been strong the last several weeks. I'm just not sure if Dallas D will shutdown his passing game. If they do, that will diminish Marshall's value as well. Plus, the available QBs in my league are junk this week. Not sure who I'd stream in right now.

Sorry I misread you - I thought you meant Fitzgerald who has been weak.... Fitzpatrick has been good. Dallas D does scare me a bit as well, but I agree out of those options I stick with Fitzmagic. Marshall seems to get his, might as well offset it partly. Dallas has been pretty rough on QBs, weaker against run.

For my Flex:

(RB) Tim Hightower @ Det
or
(WR) Martavis Bryant @ Den
or
(WR) John Brown @ Phi

....I like all 3, but I'm leaning towards Hightower because of the volume.

First round of playoffs starts..

Do I put DMC in over Latavius Murray or leave him out?

Murray, but it's close...DMC is pretty much the entire Dallas offense. Problem is, they get behind and abandon the run game.

TylerD

Fuck Mike Evans and his inconsistency. He rode my bench to 18.7 points. Whatever, John Brown should be good for around 10-12

toneroni

Sorry I misread you - I thought you meant Fitzgerald who has been weak.... Fitzpatrick has been good. Dallas D does scare me a bit as well, but I agree out of those options I stick with Fitzmagic. Marshall seems to get his, might as well offset it partly. Dallas has been pretty rough on QBs, weaker against run.

Think I should bench Big Ben for Fitzy?
That's how i have it set up for now.
Ugh needed Doug Martin to give me more points.

Murray, but it's close...DMC is pretty much the entire Dallas offense. Problem is, they get behind and abandon the run game.

That's what I was thinking. I have David Johnson as my other running back. I lost Yeldon and J-Stew for the week so I need to nail my rb choices as my WRs have been underperforming recently and have cost me two weeks in a row.

Won the regular season 11-2 but in hooped in the playoffs. Need help with 2 decisions though.

TE = Gary Barnidge or Julius Thomas? Im leaning Thomas due to the Atlanta Matchup vs Barnidge playing SEA.

WR & Flex - with injuries to my RBs i have to go with a WR heavy lineup and i need to pick 2 of these 4 to start at WR2 and Flex

Larry Fitz = dreadful lately
Allen Hurns = been on the Questionable list pretty much all season but awesome upside
Amari Cooper = fucking 0 points last week...
Danny Amendola = so many targets but no real value in Non PPR

Thoughts are appreciated as im projected to get 87 vs 105 for my opponent.

Dazzler

If there's one thing I learned about Barnidge this season it's just play him

Especially if it's a PPR league

Speaking of PPR, Mike Evans da gawd balling out last night

Pick 3, please.

AJ Green
Michael Floyd
Ted Ginn
Eric Decker

Decker is money, so is AJ Green.
Those 2 aren't up for debate.
I'd roll with Floyd over Ginn.

Ptaaty

[KoRp]Jazzman;189786665 said:
Won the regular season 11-2 but in hooped in the playoffs. Need help with 2 decisions though.

TE = Gary Barnidge or Julius Thomas? Im leaning Thomas due to the Atlanta Matchup vs Barnidge playing SEA.

WR & Flex - with injuries to my RBs i have to go with a WR heavy lineup and i need to pick 2 of these 4 to start at WR2 and Flex

Larry Fitz = dreadful lately
Allen Hurns = been on the Questionable list pretty much all season but awesome upside
Amari Cooper = fucking 0 points last week...
Danny Amendola = so many targets but no real value in Non PPR

Thoughts are appreciated as im projected to get 87 vs 105 for my opponent.

One thing to realize - if Seattle is weak anywhere against the pass it is against TE. They have been shredded a number of times this season - problem is, the D has gelled lately and Browns might not have any offense. I'd lean Thomas as well - while he has to share its better to share a piece of pie than have no pie.

Hurns. He gets the job done. I'd say Cooper next. Fitz would be a great play against the eagles if Floyd wasn't there - Eagles are weak against the outside WR - Fitz ends up slot/running TE routes.

Ptaaty

Think I should bench Big Ben for Fitzy?
That's how i have it set up for now.
Ugh needed Doug Martin to give me more points.

It is really hard to bench big ben, but this year he has tailed off against high end D. Also Denver has really limited QBs.

Both could be lower scoring affairs, both D stronger against pass than run, both QBs have multiple weapons. I suppose I would go Ben for two reasons: 1) he has a better pass catching RB which could be the difference. 2) He's at home, Fitz is away.

Ptaaty

I suppose I have a good problem - pick 2:
Marshall, A Robinson, C Johnson. Right now I am sitting A Rob (really hurts) because Atlanta has been one of the worst for WR and based on their CB - this might be more of a Hurns game.

Also:
D Williams, L Miller, D Freeman, C West. If I play only 2, I can play all three WR above (non PPR).

Right now leaning DWill, Miller, Freeman. Sitting west because - Baltimore is pretty rough on RB (funnel D - stop run first). That said - I am not sure because West has been amazing when not splitting carries (Ware should sit, 30 pts against denver), total dual threat. Miller is top 5 in almost all rankings - but damn, Miami completely misuses him...to the point I could see him sitting most of the game so they can try out the other RBs.

Ok need to pick 2 RB's, 2 WR's and a Flex

RBs:

Devonta Freeman
DeAngelo Williams
Eddie Lacy
Denard Robinson

WRs
Randall Cobb
Jarvis Landry
Martavis Bryant
John Brown
Jeremy Maclin

Currently I have Freeman and Williams for RB, Landry, Bryant, and Maclin for receivers.

I need a sub for Jonathan Stewart. My only options are Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, and James White.

I am tempted to go with Woodhead despite his dry spell, but I am probably going with Bolden. I am also considering picking up Theo Riddick off waivers for a spot start. Lions play the Saints, and they give up 60 receiving yards to RB's per game.

John Brown, Jeremy Hill, or Latavious Murray for my fldx spot?

My other receivers are ODB and Robinson. My RBs are McFadden and Deangelo Williams.

Chris Ivory vs Dal or Denard Robinson vs Falcons?

Got AJ Green vs SF
DeAndre Hopkins vs ind
Doug Baldwin vs Cle
Michael Flyd vs Phi

Play 3, who do I bench?

Ptaaty

Ok need to pick 2 RB's, 2 WR's and a Flex

RBs:

Devonta Freeman
DeAngelo Williams
Eddie Lacy
Denard Robinson

WRs
Randall Cobb
Jarvis Landry
Martavis Bryant
John Brown
Jeremy Maclin

Currently I have Freeman and Williams for RB, Landry, Bryant, and Maclin for receivers.

I agree with your RB. I'd start Brown over Landry unless PPR, at least this week. Also in almost all cases you go with a starting RB over a WR in flex. Flip a coin, but I lean Lacy out of the two you have left for RB.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, think I've settled on my Playoffs Round 1 lineup.

Ql6hY2y.png

It's going to be a tough one. I'm up against our leagues top team, who also set a total points record for the season...

Be a great week for Carolina to crash and burn.

I agree with your RB. I'd start Brown over Landry unless PPR, at least this week. Also in almost all cases you go with a starting RB over a WR in flex. Flip a coin, but I lean Lacy out of the two you have left for RB.

Yeah I forgot to mention this is a PPR league, 1 point so Landry typically has immense value.

Thinking about swapping Bryant for Lacy.

Ptaaty

Yeah I forgot to mention this is a PPR league, 1 point so Landry typically has immense value.

Thinking about swapping Bryant for Lacy.

Stick with Landry then. Also, I would swap in Lacy. Don't really like him, but I think that is the right play this week. Sure, Bryant can go off - but not real likely against denver D.

j_rocca42

Who to start?

Brees at home vs. Detroit
Bortles at home vs. Atlanta

Both have pretty good match ups. Bortles is projected for 1 less point so it's basically a toss up. I'm torn!

So it's playoffs time and I have to say my team is pretty stacked this year.

My opponent has a way of always edging me out with a much worse team and it's really infuriating.

The only thing I can't decide on is a defense to play. It's either the Steelers or Broncos.

Steelers have been solid recently and they're playing brock who didn't do too well against the raiders.

Bronco's will have to go up against Ben and his squad of OP receivers who can drop a 40burger.

Leaning towards steelers but I know they're D isn't anywhere near as good as the Bronco's D.

wbsmcs

Ughh Semi Final Matchup this week and I'm actually thinking of startin Fozzy Whitaker over Dez Bryant.

Dez has easily been the worst 1st round pick this year, even if it's not entirely his fault. CJ Anderson at least got a 20pt game this year.

Ughh Semi Final Matchup this week and I'm actually thinking of startin Fozzy Whitaker over Dez Bryant.

Dez has easily been the worst 1st round pick this year, even if it's not entirely his fault. CJ Anderson at least got a 20pt game this year.

Bryant has been bad all year. In fact, I think he's only had 1 game where he was start-worthy. Blame the injuries if you want, but he also missed all of the off season minicamps and OTAs while negotiating his contract.

That said, I'm not sure if Fozzy is an upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom