• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm learning the hard way that ESPN's projections are fucking bullshit. :lol

Vincent Jackson: "He could have a 100 yard game!"

Ted Ginn: "He'll have a tougher go of it against the Falcons!"

So I start VJax on Flex.

Actual points: VJax: 0 Ginn: 24

:lol :lol :lol ESPN

Hellix

Matt Ryan loves throwing picks, so I'd say Carolina.

11/10 advice

KD2ZW4p.jpg

UberTag

My weak team making it to the next round lol
The power of having matchups against the pathetic Ravens and Falcons.

I'm learning the hard way that ESPN's projections are fucking bullshit. :lol

Vincent Jackson: "He could have a 100 yard game!"

Ted Ginn: "He'll have a tougher go of it against the Falcons!"

So I start VJax on Flex.

Actual points: VJax: 0 Ginn: 24

:lol :lol :lol ESPN
The lesson is... never listen to ESPN.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Opponent played everyone this morning. I've already won! The team I needed to lose in order to make the playoffs is probably going to lose.

I have one more team that's going to win this week that I need to beat in a tiebreaker. I need to score 10 more points than them this week. Barring a huge game by Tannehill tomorrow, it's looking good.

UberTag

I did. I also benched Russell Wilson for Brady. And I have Rawls. It's been a rough day...
This is what's known as the opposite of dodging bullets... ouch.

Turns out we probably both made the wrong call on Gronk.
You benched Reed for him. And I started Seferian-Jenkins over him.

If I stay alive in my one league matchup this week, it'll be due to Chris Boswell of all people. Stupid kickers.

I did [benched Jordan Reed]. I also benched Russell Wilson for Brady. And I have Rawls. It's been a rough day...

Just like to add that I also benched Lacy. 80 pts from 3 players, all on the bench.

Yet somehow, I'm still in it. I'm currently down 34 pts, but I have Brady, Gronk, Hopkins and ODB left. My opponent has Lamar Miller left.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, Barring the New England Defense getting a few pick sixes in the second half, and Tannehill going ham tomorrow, I am going to make the Playoffs.

Can't believe how good a pickup Fitzpatrick has been.

gutshot

I was only down 9 pts with Hopkins and the NYG kicker still to go. Thought I had it in the bag but after that first half from Nuk, I'm starting to get nervous. Need NE to pull away in the 2nd half and hope for those garbage time points.

Barely hung on today. Lost Rawls and Eifert and my opponent lost Dalton. Definitely my lowest scoring game of the season, but I'll win by a few pts. I'm screwed for next week though....

Apath

Oh yeezus,,,,I'm up, 211.2 vs 203.7. He has Lamar Miller. I have OBJ.

Wish me luck, please.
Should be fine. I have Miller and am down about 25.. I don't see any way I win this week. Not that it matters for me though, since I'm guaranteed the #1 spot.

Next week is the semi-finals of the playoffs, and I am up against a guy who has the highest point total in the league and has been killing it since the halfway mark. I am currently rocking Denver D, however I am not confident in their ability to stop Pit (of which I have Antonio Brown). Out of Buffalo @ Washington, Houston @ Indiana, and Pittsburgh vs Denver (or Denver themselves), which would you guys go with?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Have a 30 point lead over my first round opponent. Playoffs going good so far. As long as nothing happens to Wilson (I did pick up Alex Smith just in case) I should have a real shot at my league's championship.

Next week is the semi-finals of the playoffs, and I am up against a guy who has the highest point total in the league and has been killing it since the halfway mark. I am currently rocking Denver D, however I am not confident in their ability to stop Pit (of which I have Antonio Brown). Out of Buffalo @ Washington, Houston @ Indiana, and Pittsburgh vs Denver (or Denver themselves), which would you guys go with?

That's tough...but keep rolling the Denver D.
Houston is intriguing, but the Denver D is too good to pass up.

Also, don't listen to me. I suck.

necrosis

only fitting that my team, beset by injuries but still the highest-scoring in my league, is going to lose in the first round of the playofffs due in large part to andy dalton

in his defense, at least it's an injury and not ten interceptions, but i swear the dude is never going to win a playoff game of any sort

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Another year, another failure at getting a championship. Felt so good about my roster this year too :/
Im Brady's Deflated Balls

ZHEzjWp.png

I guess time to start planning for next year!

NateDrake

I think I'm going to miss the playoffs. I was 7-6 and in 6th place up against the 7th place team who had a record of 6-7. I lost by 2.5pts because Brady couldn't throw the ball to Gronk one or two more times to get me the points I needed. I'm pretty sure this team will take the final spot for the playoff bracket with the win today.

I think I'm going to miss the playoffs. I was 7-6 and in 6th place up against the 7th place team who had a record of 6-7. I lost by 2.5pts because Brady couldn't throw the ball to Gronk one or two more times to get me the points I needed. I'm pretty sure this team will take the final spot for the playoff bracket with the win today.

2 week playoff or 3 weeks with week 17? A bit unusual your regular season is still going

NateDrake

2 week playoff or 3 weeks with week 17? A bit unusual your regular season is still going

3 weeks with week 17 as the Final. Folks in the league voiced their displeasure about it and the guy who heads up the league will change things for next season. I'm not sure what the tie-breaker is for standings, but I think it may be total points on the season, which I'll lose.

If it weren't for Rawls going down I'd have round one in the bag. Instead I need 20 from Jarvis tonight. Not looking great. Even if by some miracle I move on, Langford would be the best RB2 I could field for the rest of the playoffs.

If it weren't for Rawls going down I'd have round one in the bag. Instead I need 20 from Jarvis tonight. Not looking great. Even if by some miracle I move on, Langford would be the best RB2 I could field for the rest of the playoffs.
Haha, the Rawls/relying on big night from Landry situation is exactly what i have going on. I wonder if Bryce Brown at RB in Seattle could be a surprise bag of points, especially coming in against the Browns...

First Round of the Fantasy Playoffs, my opponent has a 13.87 lead on me going into Monday Night Football. I have Eli Manning and DeVante Parker left, he has Lamar Miller. Yahoo Projection have us virtually even... Nuk Hopkins being schemed out by Belicheat hurt me bigtime.

*sigh* another First Round Monday Night nailbiter. Let's just say I dodn't have a good history in the playoffs and Monday Night games.

First Round of the Fantasy Playoffs, my opponent has a 13.87 lead on me going into Monday Night Football. I have Eli Manning and DeVante Parker left, he has Lamar Miller. Yahoo Projection have us virtually even... Nuk Hopkins being schemed out by Belicheat hurt me bigtime.

*sigh* another First Round Monday Night nailbiter. Let's just say I dodn't have a good history in the playoffs and Monday Night games.

Yikes, we're both up against Miller. I have ODB, so I need Manning to throw. I'm up by 7.5, but who knows if Miller will go off. I think I'm gonna skip the game and check the scores after. That's the plan right now, at least, lol.

Man... I would have this in the bag if Blount would not have gone out and Amari cooper got something... Now it's up too Odell to get 11 pts. Rough week for me. :(

prag16

Banned
Brutal beat in one of my leagues.

First problem is 8 teams make the playoffs in a 14 team league. Too many.

I was 1st place in the standings with the most total points. OF COURSE the #8 seed, a crappy 6-7 team had Ginn and Crowell and took advantage of guys like Allen Robinson, Megatron, and Kelce shitting the bed for my team, beating me unless Beckham scores 4 TDs tonight.

Son of a bitch. Gonna try lobbying for reducing it to 6,.playoff teams for next year. Shit. Fucking sub-.500 8 seed. And this league has no regular season payouts; top 3 playoffs only.

notlikethis.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Brutal beat in one of my leagues.

First problem is 8 teams make the playoffs in a 14 team league. Too many.

I was 1st place in the standings with the most total points. OF COURSE the #8 seed, a crappy 6-7 team had Ginn and Crowell and took advantage of guys like Allen Robinson, Megatron, and Kelce shitting the bed for my team, beating me unless Beckham scores 4 TDs tonight.

Son of a bitch. Gonna try lobbying for reducing it to 6,.playoff teams for next year. Shit. Fucking sub-.500 8 seed. And this league has no regular season payouts; top 3 playoffs only.

notlikethis.gif

Yikes that's a lot of teams. I'm in a 12 team league and only 4 make the playoffs.

I need Odell to not go off in the 2nd half and I'll advance in both of my leagues (Currently up by 14 with my opp having Beckham). Would feel a lot more comfortable without that fucking 45 yard catch to end the half.

I need Odell to not go off in the 2nd half and I'll advance in both of my leagues (Currently up by 14 with my opp having Beckham). Would feel a lot more comfortable without that fucking 45 yard catch to end the half.

Congrats on getting to the next round. I wish I didn't have cold feet about picking ODB during my draft. I was hyping him to the other guys in my league, then I got scared and thought maybe he couldn't repeat what he did last season. Jokes on me and anybody who thought like me.

Lost 108.57-103.68. Opponent had Miller and that BS 2nd TD due to shit tackling by the Giants cost me.

Defending League Champion, had to endure losing my 1st round pick in Jamal Charles. Finished 2nd anyway in a 16-teamer with Most points scored in the league, 2nd Hardest SOS. Tough loss...

UberTag

I honestly don't get this fantasy season. It's literally been the worst one I can ever recall having and yet somehow I find myself the top-ranked team that's still alive in two of my 4 leagues. I mean, I fully expect to not win either of them but still... the fact that there's even the potential to have my best fantasy finish ever at the end of my worst season... I just can't process it rationally. Just goes to show how much dumb luck dictates these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom