• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptaaty

Likely to start Lamar Miller unless the injury reports change. I am waiting to see what happens with TJ Yeldon's status. To be honest it's a great matchup so if Lamar is ready to go I think he can do some damage against the Mettenberger Titans, which are clearly far worse than the Chargers wreckage.

Lacy I would not start unless desperate. I think Megatron is a high-upside play (certainly over Lacy) but yeah, completely useless lately. Flex option.

For my flex (for championship) - I can go Megatron, Miller, or C West. Right now I have in C west....he is the clear play when Ware is out, but Ware will play this week. Both Megatron and Miller have shown multiple times they can be extremely low floor (especially lately) but both have very high ceilings.

Tom Nook

So, I've managed to go undefeated thus far in my league. Due to injury and other factors, I have some tough matchups this week.

Julio Jones - Going up against Carolina...
Martavus Bryant - The best matchup, as he's going against Baltimore.
AJ Green - I dont know what to expect without Dalton in the lineup and against Denver.
Emmanuel Sanders - Hasn't done sh*t since Peyton got hurt but exploded last week.

Currently I have everyone but Green starting. Any advice?

Stick what you have there, looks good.

Tom Nook

Going into the Championship with Brees, Bortles, and Fitzpatrick to choose from. I don't think I can rely on Brees to play a full game even if he decides to play, and I'm leaning towards Bortles since they're going up against the Saints.

Any other advice I should consider?

I would consider starting Bortles even if Brees is playing, the Jags are in "go full to get into the playoffs" mode while the Saints are already out.

For my flex (for championship) - I can go Megatron, Miller, or C West. Right now I have in C west....he is the clear play when Ware is out, but Ware will play this week. Both Megatron and Miller have shown multiple times they can be extremely low floor (especially lately) but both have very high ceilings.

West is back to being the feature RB, start him.

Dazzler

His value will only go up if he plays alongside another big time receiver. As of right now, he is nothing more than a decoy to draw double teams. He is no longer trusted to go up and get the ball if it's thrown to him in double coverage. Just my observation...

I'd love to see the Pats move for him or Larry Fitz, could extend the careers of both of them

Ptaaty

I would consider starting Bortles even if Brees is playing, the Jags are in "go full to get into the playoffs" mode while the Saints are already out.

Concur - starting him on one of my leagues. Bortles is way up there in the ECR as well, for good reason. Even if Brees was healthy, I would lean Bortles this week...with Brees having questions...no brainer.

Ramma2

Concur - starting him on one of my leagues. Bortles is way up there in the ECR as well, for good reason. Even if Brees was healthy, I would lean Bortles this week...with Brees having questions...no brainer.

Awesome, thanks guys.

Doomsayer

Made it to the Championship.

All thanks to David Johnson and Sammy Watkins.

I'm not very confident in my chances though - the guy I'm up against has lost 2 games all season.

So here are my questions:

WR: Watkins, M. Bryant, AJ Green, Cooks
RB: Ivory, D. Williams, D. Johnson (my #1 back was Charles and he went down early)

I'm thinking of going Watkins, Bryant, Williams, and Johnson.

Not sure between Cooks, Ivory, and AJ.

Tyrod is my QB, I drafted Luck but he is also out, should I stick with Tyrod?

I have no idea how I made it to the championship game.

Tom Nook

Made it to the Championship.

All thanks to David Johnson and Sammy Watkins.

I'm not very confident in my chances though - the guy I'm up against has lost 2 games all season.

So here are my questions:

WR: Watkins, M. Bryant, AJ Green, Cooks
RB: Ivory, D. Williams, D. Johnson (my #1 back was Charles and he went down early)

I'm thinking of going Watkins, Bryant, Williams, and Johnson.

Not sure between Cooks, Ivory, and AJ.

Tyrod is my QB, I drafted Luck but he is also out, should I stick with Tyrod?

I have no idea how I made it to the championship game.

I would go with the following:

RB: D Will, DJ,
WR: Wat, Bryant, Cooks (flex)
QB: Tyrod is ok. How else is available?

Doomsayer

I would go with the following:

RB: D Will, DJ,
WR: Wat, Bryant, Cooks (flex)
QB: Tyrod is ok. How else is available?

Cousins is available... I don't know if I trust the guy that much though. Then again, this is for the division and the Eagles have a few defensive players out. Man, I don't know.

Ptaaty

Cousins is available... I don't know if I trust the guy that much though. Then again, this is for the division and the Eagles have a few defensive players out. Man, I don't know.

Cousins this week. Eagles have been getting shredded...and now as you note they are missing more guys in the secondary. Also Dallas has been really stingy with QBs, McCoy is out which could lead to reduced offense.

I know it is painful - but get Cousins and play him this week. The major matchup plus he has over Tyrod is just icing on the fact Cousins has been on fire. Reed's been great, DJax is back and healthy.

Looking back on my fantasy draft, I could've done a lot worse....

qRGLjhQ.png

It was a 12 team PPR, Auction League.

I got to say my greatest steals were getting Decker, Freeman for both $3 a piece late in the draft.

Dez was pretty much a bust with his injury, and then Romo getting hurt every other week.

Randle helped me win a lot of games early and then fell off the rails late.

Went 9-4 but lost in the first week of the playoffs, then again, every higher seed lost in the first round.

goober

Anyone sitting Calvin Johnson this week? I honestly don't know what to do with him. I got by due to big games from David Johnson and Antonio Brown, but I doubt they'll explode that big again.

corneliusb

Neo Member
Thanks, hope you are right. Chiefs RBs are extremely solid when featured. I am still concerned with a split with Ware getting goal line. Hope they give Ware another week of healing.

Think you have to go West out of the options, I am in the same boat and just hopeful that they decide to rest Ware until fully fit because West is getting the job done ok. You can however foresee them returning to the time share without warning and ruining all of our fantasy teams.

JFunky

Anyone sitting Calvin Johnson this week? I honestly don't know what to do with him. I got by due to big games from David Johnson and Antonio Brown, but I doubt they'll explode that big again.

I think I am. I have Maclin, Decker , and Amari Cooper to play at WR. I feel like I trust that group more right now. My problem is should I start Bortles over Rodgers? Hard to bench Rodgers but that offense is struggling.

Tom Nook

I think I am. I have Maclin, Decker , and Amari Cooper to play at WR. I feel like I trust that group more right now. My problem is should I start Bortles over Rodgers? Hard to bench Rodgers but that offense is struggling.

I would go with Bortles. Rodgers vs ARI is not a good matchup.

otapnam

Could use some advice for championship round

3 wr 2 rb league

Larrry fitz
Megatron
Tyler lockett

James white
Rashad jennings

Bench
Willie snead (if brees is out)
Pierre garcon

Chris ivory
Ryan matthews

Ptaaty

Think you have to go West out of the options, I am in the same boat and just hopeful that they decide to rest Ware until fully fit because West is getting the job done ok. You can however foresee them returning to the time share without warning and ruining all of our fantasy teams.

I think that is what I am going to do. I also have Ware so I could pair him....or I could do an A Rob A Hurns pairing.

It is really unconventional but I am wondering if I have both WR or both RB for a team, each playing plus matchups....do you take the WR1/RB1 or RB1/RB2 or WR1/WR1.

I guess I am trying to outsmart myself - but I feel like I KNOW either Hurns/Arob get 1 TD minimum, probable 2TD between them. Same with West/Ware.

But if I play ARob and West (higher projected total points), it could happen where neither get TDs.

Ptaaty

I would go with Bortles. Rodgers vs ARI is not a good matchup.

Bortles is the #3 QB since week 2, playing his best games the last few weeks, playing a plus matchup against saints.

Completely agree - seems crazy, but he is the right start this week. He is 3 on ECR this week which confirms the experts agree.

Apath

Could use some advice for championship round

3 wr 2 rb league

Larrry fitz
Megatron
Tyler lockett

James white
Rashad jennings

Bench
Willie snead (if brees is out)
Pierre garcon

Chris ivory
Ryan matthews
Why Jennings over Ivory? Isnt Ivory the Jets' workhorse and Jennings in a RBBC situation?

im benching him especially when i have Denard Robinson on my bench. Megatron has not been great this year at all. i thought it was stafford fucking it up but Megatron is no longer an elite wideout with this many injuries. hes had 2 catches in 2 weeks. bench him

Finals question. I had ODB, but losing him this week puts me in a spot. I've got the following and I'm trying to figure out who to put in flex.

WR
Allen Robinson
John Brown
Ted Ginn
Edelman

RB
Latavious Murray
DeAngelo Williams
Darren McFadden
Jeremy Hill

Currently I've got Robinson and Brown starting along with Williams and McFadden. Murray is my flex.

Thoughts on the above?

Cels

which 2 of these 3 WR? Antonio Brown is locked in.

Calvin Johnson (who has sucked lately with bad ankle)
TY Hilton (Luck ruled out this week)
Sammy Watkins (going against Dallas who are stingy vs WR)

Cooper vs Crabtree in my line up or should I take out Fitz or DT to have both of them in?

I also have Murray, but I have Hightower, DMC, and David Johnson. I'm leaning Johnson and Murray.

Apath

Looking for some last minute advice for the championship matchup this week:

Have three WR slots:
- Antonio Brown
- Doug Baldwin
- AJ Green
- Anquon Boldin
- Rishard Matthews
- Dorial Green-Beckham

Two RB slots:
- Lamar Miller
- Tim Hightower
- Alfred Blue
- Jay Ajayi
- Jerick McKinnon

Then one flex spot, which could also include Travis Kelce.

Currently I have AB, Baldwin, and Anquon in WR with Miller, Hightower in RB and Blue in Flex.
Ivory not getting results for weeks and rashad is the leader of the pack in ny now
Fair enough--didn't realize he was averaging almost 20 carries a game for the past two weeks.

which 2 of these 3 WR? Antonio Brown is locked in.

Calvin Johnson (who has sucked lately with bad ankle)
TY Hilton (Luck ruled out this week)
Sammy Watkins (going against Dallas who are stingy vs WR)

Watkins. Hilton is limited by poor QB play, Calvin Johnson hasn't done anything.

graffix13

I am benching Megatron as well. This is the Superbowl and I need all the points I can get.

Rolling with Brandon Marshall, Brandon Cooks and Jeremy Maclin (flex) as my WR's (PPR). I just see them putting up more than Megatron.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My team right now for the 3rd place match in my league.

aC3S0UW.jpg

I would really like to not rely on the Jets against New England, but don't have many options unless I want to take a chance on a low rated QB having a good day.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

aC3S0UW.jpg

I would really like to not rely on the Jets against New England, but don't have many options unless I want to take a chance on a low rated QB having a good day.

I wouldn't mind playing Watkins over Marshall, but if I'm playing Fitz, I figure I should play Marshall. Also debating playing Watkins over Lockett.

FTF

aC3S0UW.jpg

You're sitting Watkins???

Championship game and I'm really torn between Stafford and Cousins. Got a few hours to decide. PHI pass defense is atrocious wrt to giving up touchdowns, but playing on the road on a shortened week with NFC East on line, I just don't know.

phanphare

Banned
Championship game and I'm really torn between Stafford and Cousins. Got a few hours to decide. PHI pass defense is atrocious wrt to giving up touchdowns, but playing on the road on a shortened week with NFC East on line, I just don't know.

that was my predicament and I went with stafford. cousins might light it up again but this is a huge game for both philly and washington. I expect both defenses to step it up. also stafford against san fran should be a great match up for him.

Decision time.

RBs: Devonta Freeman, Denard Robinson, Matt Forte
WRs: DeSean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, Markus Wheaton, Kamar Aiken

I need 1 RB and 2 FLEX. I have Freeman/Denard/Jackson in so far. If Jackson feasts on Philly, that'd go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom