• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Jim? Senpai? Any chance of getting the latest CE table to work for the gog version? I feel like a junkie that has run out of supplies :(
Hmmm? I'm playing on GOG v1.04 and was using Jim's CE scripts just fine yesterday. There's a witcher3_104.ct floating around that CE thread. Proof from the last page:
18118440036_8a7252b5bf_o.png

18142709932_e17518c93d_o.png

viveks86

I hear ya. I just didn't have much time to play last night and wanted to actually play. I'll try and fix it.

Thanks bruh!

Hmmm? I'm playing on GOG v1.04 and was using Jim's CE scripts just fine yesterday. There's a witcher3_104.ct floating around that CE thread. Proof from the last page:

Huh? Weird. It crashes as soon as I hit timestop with 104.ct. Used to work fine with 1.03. Any chance you could upload the exe file somewhere so I can see if there is any difference? Would appreciate it

Quick tip for you Witcher 3 screenshotters...

Open the console and type "dlgshow"

Where's the HUD? It's GONE!

"dlghide" to get it back

Whaaaaaaaaat is happening?

Well, the game fades out the HUD anytime you use the UI. Like... opening the main menu, or your inventory. "dlgshow" seems to open an invisible dialog box, therefore making the HUD go away. The only downside is that you can't move your character until you use "dlghide" again.

Anywho, here's 2 shots. People aren't posting nearly enough Ciri.

17375343894_354f832d77_o.jpg

Also... this game's foliage density is craaaazy.

17973435219_20699f9656_o.jpg

Huh? Weird. It crashes as soon as I hit timestop with 104.ct. Used to work fine with 1.03. Any chance you could upload the exe file somewhere so I can see if there is any difference? Would appreciate it
Sure here ya go. Lemme know if this is any better.

Also... this game's foliage density is craaaazy.
Can't wait to play this again a year or two down the line when I've got a much better rig.

People aren't posting nearly enough Ciri.
18146713956_f44f10cc12_o.png

18030281866_c42a502c7e_o.png

viveks86

Thanks Wask. Just figured out a way to use all the in-built free cam functionality (debug console enabler) without needing the cheat tables.

Step 1: Use the in-game pause menu whenever you want to freeze time
Step 2: Enter testpause in console. This will freeze the game even if you exit the menu
Step 3: Press F1 to enter free cam mode
Step 4: Move freely using gamepad (left analog for movement, right analog for rotation, d-pad for fov and yaw, Y & A for elevation. Hold left trigger for accelerated movement. It's fully analog as well, so gives great camera control. WASD keyboard shortcuts work as well and R does tilt, but I don't know the other keys yet.
Step 5: Take screenshots like you normally would.
Step 6: Disable free cam using F1
Step 7: Enter testunpause in console to resume game

Thanks Wask. Just figured out a way to use all the in-built free cam functionality (debug console enabler) without needing the cheat tables.

Step 2: Enter testpause in console. This will freeze the game even if you exit the menu
Step 4: Move freely using gamepad (left analog for movement, right analog for rotation, d-pad for fov and yaw, Y & A for elevation. Hold left trigger for accelerated movement. It's fully analog as well, so gives great camera control. WASD keyboard shortcuts work as well and R does tilt, but I don't know the other keys yet.
Step 6: Need to release pause here. Can't find the console command for it yet. I'm sure there is one.
Step 7: Disable free cam using F1
Unpause is "testunpause". Literally just started using the console myself lol

Nick Pal

Step 6: Need to release pause here. Can't find the console command for it yet. I'm sure there is one.
Step 7: Disable free cam using F

Yesss..finally the freedom to use my controller. I couldn't get it to work with xpadder. Thanks man.

Step 6: Disable free cam using F1
Step 7: Enter testunpause in console to resume game

Tried it.

Seems to work pretty well.

Testpause seems like a silly way to freeze the game though. I mean... you can't really stop the game in the middle of the action like that. Does the CE pause still not work?

viveks86

Tried it.

Seems to work pretty well.

Testpause seems like a silly way to freeze the game though. I mean... you can't really stop the game in the middle of the action like that. Does the CE pause still not work?

No it still crashes. I don't use "testpause" to freeze the game. I hit the menu button instead. "testpause" is just to lock the game when I exit the menu. It's sort of a workaround, but once you type these commands the first time, you can pull them up with arrow keys, so it's pretty efficient.

viveks86

Cheers mate!

The Witcher 3/Reshade+Framework. I think the addition of Texturemipbias in the 1.04 patch made a noticeable difference to textures.

Not particularly a fan of mipbias tweaks, especially because I use sweetfx sharpening filters already. However, this hidden ini tweak does improve texture quality without causing shimmering/aliasing. I'm yet to see a performance hit from it, unlike mipbias. Might want to check it out

[Streaming/Textures]
UseMipRefiner=true

Not particularly a fan of mipbias tweaks, especially because I use sweetfx sharpening filters already. However, this hidden ini tweak does improve texture quality without causing shimmering/aliasing. I'm yet to see a performance hit from it, unlike mipbias. Might want to check it out

[Streaming/Textures]
UseMipRefiner=true
You get that from here? I found a lot of good info here this morning, useful for anyone else looking to tweak their games

viveks86

You get that from here? I found a lot of good info here this morning, useful for anyone else looking to tweak their games

Yeah that's probably my source. Or was it nexusmods? Been googling for tweaks for so long that I can't remember what I got from where! lol

Do the patches break SweetFX? I installed it yesterday and now I definitely wouldn't want to play without it. Looks amazing.

Nope. You should be good

Nick Pal

[Streaming/Textures]
UseMipRefiner=true

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that right now.

Wonderful shots.

Top Bottom