• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Durante

i think the devs nailed the interior lighting.

game2015-06-0304-08-4wro81.png

game2015-06-0304-14-225ryp.png
Whoa.

Impressive.

emalord

SUBJECT#DOA5:LR TILTING

Hello Pro!
I read the steamcommunity stuff and indeed something's fishy.
Some say tilt works, some say not. Some say only with the 360 controller, others neither.

I can say:
I tried both PC pad and 360 pad and they works the same

left stick = the camera floats around the 2 players or above the 2 players
right stick= moves the camera UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT, but doesn't change its position according to the 2 characters
letf stick+Y = FOV manager (learned today, nice trick)
D-PAD left= Pause replay
D-PAD right= Resume replay
D-PAD up= zoom
D-PAD down= unzoom

None of these commands is a "true" tilt, because the tilt *bends the background* while it bends the camera. With the above mentioned commands the background doesn't move, only the camera does, but the camera never bends itself, it just moves up/down/left/right/around
So: maybe the point is that people saying "it tilts" are just positioning the camera a littler upper the character's head.
Or maybe my controllers do not work...

I quote myself, maybe interesting for someone, but according to the CheatEngine forum the tilt on PC is not working for the most of PC users.
It should work with L2 and R2 (seems logical, they are unused during replay) but for unknown reasons it just doesn't work (bug only on PC, works fine on consoles)

Aw..he looks so cuddly with hairworks on. lol. Great shot. Dither seemed to work for me for minimizing the banding.

Dither only minimizes banding caused by the post processing shaders from SweetFX. It does nothing to combat the banding in the game itself.

Yeah, I think some of the shaders were causing excess banding before I enabled dithering. It definitely minimized it.

That's not unheard of. But when it comes to skyboxes at night, the only thing that I've ever found to help with banding is grain.

Nick Pal

Dither only minimizes banding caused by the post processing shaders from SweetFX. It does nothing to combat the banding in the game itself.

Yeah, I think some of the shaders were causing excess banding before I enabled dithering. It definitely minimized it.

18407696365_d8a6c36054_o.png

Dither only minimizes banding caused by the post processing shaders from SweetFX. It does nothing to combat the banding in the game itself. That's not unheard of. But when it comes to skyboxes at night, the only thing that I've ever found to help with banding is grain.

Yeah, the shaders that cause most noticeable banding would be both Reinhard and Reinhard Linear also Ambient Lighting (bloom too). I use Reinhard/Linear very often and filmgrain + dithering really help to make the banding introduced by other shaders disappear. Sucks there's not much to do for ingame banding tho, other than filmgrain...

Some nice details on the crossbow.

No more shots from me unless I find something particularly noteworthy. I need to make some more progress. I have way too many sidequests now :(

This is so beautiful, how come you dont have something from here on your Flickr? Take out Geralt out and shoot this gorgeous scenery , i want to see moarrr xD

The building LOD just kills it for me. I could try and replicate the same shot sans geralt, but.... this is rally the sweet spot for me and there's no fixing that building.

Nick Pal

Nick, get out of White Orchard so you can find better armor than that peasant sweater you're wearing =P

Hehe..you're too eagle eyed Jim. I'm surprised you could tell from that shot.
Yeah I feel like a jester wearing this jacket. I'm about to leave this beautiful area believe it or not. Just had to do one last scavenge to make sure I didn't miss anything :).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to install this again, got excited due to the Fallout 4 trailer.

screenshot_2015-06-04ezjmg.png

screenshot_2015-06-04htk8c.png

Hehe..you're too eagle eyed Jim. I'm surprised you could tell from that shot.
Yeah I feel like a jester wearing this jacket. I'm about to leave this beautiful area believe it or not. Just had to do one last scavenge to make sure I didn't miss anything :).

When you progress, you'll understand. Each region has a pretty distinct style. I'd say that White Orchard looks the worst. Velen looks better. But then Skellige is on a completely different level.

Wow, your screens are elite. Truly the only Witcher 3 shots that make it seem to be a visual spectacle. Keep up the great work! :)

Thanks. I'm just trying to translate the beautiful visuals I see into screenshot from... and so much is lost in the process. It's something else in motion for sure.

Nick Pal

When you progress, you'll understand. Each region has a pretty distinct style. I'd say that White Orchard looks the worst. Velen looks better. But then Skellige is on a completely different level.

Oh man, can't wait. This game is all I think about at work all day. I'm such a geek!

The Witcher 3/Reshade+Framework

Watching the colors shift is always mesmerizing.

18439838262_4291a466a4_o.png

18257732989_2e3c8e2ba8_o.png

Matty8787

All these Witcher shots without UI, is there a hotkey or mod to turn it off? Can't be bothered to go into the options to turn 10+ things on/off each time.

Hmmmmm. When you have a wide FOV like that and your character is near the edge of the frame, you're going to get some stretching and squishing going on. Geralt looks really.... weird there :p

man need a witcher only screen thread

not that they arent good, just dont want to see any spoilers

We've been very good about avoiding spoilers so far.

All these Witcher shots without UI, is there a hotkey or mod to turn it off? Can't be bothered to go into the options to turn 10+ things on/off each time.

If you're using the debug console mod, then there is a command that hides the HUD and a command that shows the HUD.

dlgshow = hides the hud (can't move your character though)

dlghide = shows the hud

Nick Pal

Hmmmmm. When you have a wide FOV like that and your character is near the edge of the frame, you're going to get some stretching and squishing going on. Geralt looks really.... weird there :p

You know what's really weird. The FOV was at zero yet if you pan the camera around at certain angles occassionally he looks stretched and so does the environment. I rarely use FOV unless I'm doing close ups..so yeah I noticed it too. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with going full screen from borderless window.

edit: nevermind..I see what you mean..it happens if he's near the edge of the screen regardless.

You know what's really weird. The FOV was at zero yet if you pan the camera around at certain angles occassionally he looks stretched and so does the environment. I rarely use FOV unless I'm doing close ups..so yeah I noticed it too. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with going full screen from borderless window.

edit: nevermind..I see what you mean..it happens if he's near the edge of the screen regardless.

What do you mean the FOV was at 0? Do you mean it was set to the default? Because the default FOV is pretty wide at 21:9 aspect ratios. I always have to lower the FOV a lot when doing shots in 21:9.

This shot had a reduced FOV and I still see a little stretching on the horse' caboose.

Nick Pal

What do you mean the FOV was at 0? Do you mean it was set to the default? Because the default FOV is pretty wide at 21:9 aspect ratios. I always have to lower the FOV a lot when doing shots in 21:9.

This shot had a reduced FOV and I still see a little stretching on the horse' caboose.

Yeah sorry I mean I keep it at default whatever that value is. I haven't noticed any stretching in most of my other shots but then the subject is never so close to the edge of the screen. I could be wrong tho. You have a better eye than I do.

Yeah sorry I mean I keep it at default whatever that value is. I haven't noticed any stretching in most of my other shots but then the subject is never so close to the edge of the screen. I could be wrong tho. You have a better eye than I do.

It's more noticeable on character models than it is in the environment, that's probably why.

Geralt looks super janky there. Look at his arm, for one. Seems both flattened and elongated.

When I have my character near the edge, I always have to go super low on the FOV.

18488697075_5477a0ffa8_o.jpg

Nick Pal

It's more noticeable on character models than it is in the environment, that's probably why.

Geralt looks super janky there. Look at his arm, for one. Seems both flattened and elongated.

When I have my character near the edge, I always have to go super low on the FOV.

I see it now. I'll have to try lowering the FOV. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom