• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

How are you getting such good image quality, Auto?

SMAA TX2 at 4k and fxaa via ReShade on top, grain disabled ingame and enabled in ReShade, chromatic aberration disabled, ingame dof disabled/ReShade enabled. It does not get rid of shader aliasing completely but at 4k it is heavily reduced compared to 1080p and stays playable with a high framerate (at least on a 980ti).
The game runs so good I'm sure you could increase the res and still have it playable at good framerates (have not tried that)

Did you use a custom resolution ? If yes, how ?

Yeah, I actually had to go through a lot of work just to get 3840x2160, it involves hex-editing in the options.dopt file. I'm not on the comp to send you the file but this is the guide I used.

Last Darksiders shot for me, game still looks great for its time.

screenshot_2015-07-22f2r1a.jpg

kanuuna

Was there a free camera hack available for Advanced Warfare? I thought I saw someone post some screenshots of that game with free camera some time back. I wouldn't mind picking up that game on the cheap to get a look at it on PC.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Was there a free camera hack available for Advanced Warfare? I thought I saw someone post some screenshots of that game with free camera some time back. I wouldn't mind picking up that game on the cheap to get a look at it on PC.

It's on sale on GreenManGaming right now in their VIP section (just make an account and you can see it)

So I currently have no way of using custom resolutions since the Windows 10 Nviida drivers apparently makes it impossible. So I'm currently boned as far as screenshots go. I could use DSR but then I'm locked to either 21:9 or 16:9.

That said, I'm thoroughly enjoying my new 3440x1440 monitor for gaming so... not really feeling the urge to even bother with screenshots. In any case, here are some old Witcher 3 ones :p

20030027450_1a2961d480_o.jpg

20030027290_a79842675d_o.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

You didn't tell me it had a replay editor thingy. That's too cool.

The urge to screenshot is REAL, can't wait for Nvidia to release a driver for Win 10 that allows custom resolutions again. If I try to downgrade to an older version which allows custom resolutions/DSR, Win 10 decides to automatically update my drivers to shitty ones over and over again (auto update can't be disabled). Ugh.

Do you know which Nvidia drivers for Windows 10 DID allow custom resolutions? If you use DDU to uninstall your drivers, it will also disable the feature in Windows 10 that auto updates for you. So you can easily install whatever you want afterwards.

Rynji

Neo Member
Read all 7 novels, played The Witcher 1 followed by a second Witcher 2 playthrough (played through the Iorveth path in 2012, Roach one this time around). Now it is Witcher 3 time!

19602583094_abdf7901b4_o.png

20198974586_aa8cbd9ce8_o.png

Denton

are you using sweetfx?

No injectors, completely vanilla.

Hot damn. Launching the game and headed here now..

Make sure to explore it. There are some cool little sidequests, and it is just stunningly gorgeous, especially on my 55" plasma :)

Read all 7 novels, played The Witcher 1 followed by a second Witcher 2 playthrough (played through the Iorveth path in 2012, Roach one this time around). Now it is Witcher 3 time!

Also re-read all 8 (yes, there is one that came out recently) novels, replayed TW2 (because I finished TW3 three times already earlier) and imported the save into TW3. Amazing all around experience, my only problem is that it's over and must wait for expansions now.

Great screens from TW2, post more if you have. I love how the game looks, best looking RPG until TW3 :)

Amazing screenshot. Just stunning.

dEvAnGeL

how are you guys getting witcher 3 to look so clean? even with DSR the game still have lots of jaggies, the game AA is terrible and i cant force anything on the nvidia CP

how are you guys getting witcher 3 to look so clean? even with DSR the game still have lots of jaggies, the game AA is terrible and i cant force anything on the nvidia CP

Depends on how high you turn up DSR I guess. Those screenshots of mine were taken at 5760x2880 with SMAA on top.

Dec

The journey up to and reading Lady of the Lake is just amazing.

I honestly don't enjoy the Witcher games though. I feel like they untied the great ending the books had just so they could write some fan fiction so that kind of ruins the story part of the games, then I don't think the gameplay is very good in TW1+2 so what's left?

Haven't tried 3 yet, looks to be a better actual game.

Denton

Mine were 4K DSR with ingame AA enabled.

The journey up to and reading Lady of the Lake is just amazing.

I honestly don't enjoy the Witcher games though. I feel like they untied the great ending the books had just so they could write some fan fiction so that kind of ruins the story part of the games, then I don't think the gameplay is very good in TW1+2 so what's left?

Haven't tried 3 yet, looks to be a better actual game.

Witcher 1 is a bit fanfictiony feeling at places. CDP were not sure what were they doing back then.
Witcher 2 and 3 are great sequels to books though. They finish the plotline that Sapkowski left completely unresolved and abandoned.

Dec

Witcher 1 is a bit fanfictiony feeling at places. CDP were not sure what were they doing back then.
Witcher 2 and 3 are great sequels to books though. They finish the plotline that Sapkowski left completely unresolved and abandoned.

I agree for sure about W1 being the fan fictiony one. The second game expands on the first game's story which, even though it is great writing, makes it also fan fiction considering none of it is canon.

I don't mean to say they are bad games, just that I find it hard to enjoy them considering story is a large part of the games, and I disagree with how they have set it up from the get go.

Specifically the part they mess up for me is (witcher book spoilers):
Ciri escaping her terrible life to escape to a new, potentially better and happier dimension. Geralt and Yennefer living happily ever after as far as we know.

Then they fuck all of it up so they can be like "Wait! There's more!". I get that they are fans of the books and wanted to make a game featuring the characters but it just makes me dislike the story of the games.

Probably too far off topic now but, I will probably try to play 2 again soon and try out 3. Trying to look at the story for what it is, an excuse to make good Witcher games.

Denton

I agree for sure about W1 being the fan fictiony one. The second game expands on the first game's story which, even though it is great writing, makes it also fan fiction considering none of it is canon.

I don't mean to say they are bad games, just that I find it hard to enjoy them considering story is a large part of the games, and I disagree with how they have set it up from the get go.

Specifically the part they mess up for me is (witcher book spoilers):
Ciri escaping her terrible life to escape to a new, potentially better and happier dimension. Geralt and Yennefer living happily ever after as far as we know.

Then they fuck all of it up so they can be like "Wait! There's more!". I get that they are fans of the books and wanted to make a game featuring the characters but it just makes me dislike the story of the games.

Probably too far off topic now but, I will probably try to play 2 again soon and try out 3. Trying to look at the story for what it is, an excuse to make good Witcher games.

Hah, I read the books for the first time some 16 years ago...and while I loved them, and liked the ending, I always felt that one storyline (Wild Hunt) was left hanging there unresolved. To me TW 2/3 (and to lesser degree TW1) are logical continuations. And TW3 especially is written in identically high quality as the books, many of its quests feeling like actual book short stories.

Gattsu25

Banned
http://abload.de/img/wolfoldblood_x642015-ewsum.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Nick Pal, post: 173873844"][IMG]http://abload.de/img/wolfoldblood_x642015-0ms9b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/wolfoldblood_x642015-wzsmx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Nick Pal, post: 173873919"][IMG]http://abload.de/img/wolfoldblood_x642015-w5siv.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/wolfoldblood_x642015-69smf.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

What game is that?

Edit: thanks

Top Bottom