• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

PhilGPT

23480670811_e76bb7a24a_o.png

23454584452_4fcde4fbf6_o.png

Updated Reshade Preset
Toggles:
Numpad - : Toggle Reshade
Numpad + : Toggle DoF
F12 : Toggle HBAO

(Ignore the yellow warnings Reshade puts out when it loads)

The customization hit was hard to be honest, is the thing i miss the most, the facial animations tho. i find them kinda better on Syndicate, anyway i agree that Unity is better overall but the gap isnt as big as people think.

23458866812_2d3f41df16_o.jpg

23566818705_a964688cd9_o.jpg

the character models/facial rigging for prominent characters are much better in unity.

One3rd

Alice Madness Returns
pano1j4llt.jpg
Nice! Do you have the Steam version of the game? If so, I'd be interested to know if this ce table works with that version as well.

Yay, Dark Souls shots <3

Cool, looks so much better than on PS4 (which has no AA at all and runs like crap despite being rather graphically modest). How are loading times?
There's not much AA on the PC version either, these shots are at 37MP (via CustomDSRTool) to remove as much of that as I can. Still could use some SMAA on top of it.

The load times are almost instant, 10 seconds maybe? The main issue I have with the game is that it constantly crashes on me even when running modest settings. Usually happens during reloading a save point.

Loving the verticality and visual design of the levels so far.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The load times are almost instant, 10 seconds maybe? The main issue I have with the game is that it constantly crashes on me even when running modest settings. Usually happens during reloading a save point.

Loving the verticality and visual design of the levels so far.
Nice. On PS4 it was like 30-40 seconds between retries. Needless to say it was soul-crushing, and I only persisted because I had a laptop to read GAF to distract me while I waited (I um, restarted often, lol... I suck at this game). And yeah the level design and stealth mechanics are pretty good, with some more polish it could have been a great game instead of just good.

TheRed

Which mods/reshade?
I started with this
Enhanced Wasteland Preset
But wasn't really happy with it and edited it so much that it's really my own custom one now.

Mods in those shots I guess I had
Vivid Fallout Landscapes
Vivid Fallout Rocks
Grafix Texture Overhaul 2.0
Everything from this one for textures besides landscapes because using Vivid ones.
A little bit of Green
More Grass
Using x3 version and looks great with green grass.
Radiant Clouds and Fogs
True Storms
And I recommend Darker Nights I use the "Dark" level of it and love it.
If you want to try my reshade/sweetfx config I can maybe share it somewhere.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The lack of battlefront screens in this thread makes me sad. So many amazing vistas and small details just begging for this thread.

Oh wow! It's actually working!
I only tried it on Witcher but got totally random results.
Marty should be more vocal about this. It's huge!

Just tested on Dark Souls - lookin' damn fine!

How does it work btw? Does it just uniformly apply to all surfaces? Or is it a bit more nuanced (taking into account surface roughness)?

NattyDread

Neo Member
How does it work btw? Does it just uniformly apply to all surfaces? Or is it a bit more nuanced (taking into account surface roughness)?

No, it looks like it doesn't understand materials specularity, let alone roughness but it does see normal maps. So it's uniformly applied to everything (even sky in Dark Souls).
I only played with it for a couple of minutes before work this morning so I could be wrong. Will def test more when I get home.

OtisInf

Looking at the shader code (I assume it's the reflective bump mapping) https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/master/ReShade/McFX/RBM.fx it does a bumpmapping based on pixel analysis. Calculates normals from depthbuffer and pixels in color buffer. At least that's what I make of it after looking at it for a couple of minutes. It doesn't do any ray casting it seems so reflections are more or less 'fake', but can still look 'ok'.

Top Bottom