• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

dragonageinquisition2cwufm.jpg

dragonageinquisition2tbulr.jpg

yodaxy

Heh, I got the same shot last year:

That game was a hell of a lot of fun. It's crazy to see all the difference with ReShade tweaks. I think you could stand to ease up on the sharpening though!

Yeah, this scene is nice ! I realised after taking the screenshots that the sharpen and chromactic aberation were activated at the same time. Like you say, it's a little too much.

I have to ask, what mods are you using and is the game playable?

All I'm using is Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul (MGSO) with distant land (30 cells) and the most intensive shaders, except depth of field, because I don't like it during normal gameplay. I used ReShade once for monochrome, contrast curves and black/white levels. I'm running the game with 4x MSAA with 4x supersample transparency AA. For screenshots, the game's running at 3840 x 2160, but for normal gameplay I go with 1080p because the UI doesn't scale with resolution. If it did I'd play at 4K, because I'm usually sitting at around 50 FPS there. At 1080p, 60 FPS is obviously not a problem.

As for my specs, I've got an i5 4690K (stock clocks), a slightly overclocked GTX 670, and 8GB of RAM. Running the game off an incredibly old and slow HDD and I don't get any stutters of any kind. When I was using an i5 750 I noticed quite a massive drop in performance, probably due to the big difference in single thread performance between the two CPUs - interesting how a modded copy of such an old game can hog the CPU to such a degree.

Thorgal

Hmm as far as i can tell everything seems to work except the arrow keys to move the camera .

Also once you disable the camera , the screens snaps back to Dante but when you re enable it , the camera goes back to where you left it .

screenshot_2015-01-03f7uiv.jpg

screenshot_2015-01-26ouukl.jpg

One3rd

For a game released in 2009, it still looks quite good, but I can't make AA work in this game
I can't remember what the in-game AA was like but do remember that I had to throw more pixels at it as well as some injected SMAA. At the time I ended up rendering at 4k which was larger than what I could do with my full screen resolutions, so more than likely a combination of setting the windowed resolution in an ini file and SRWE was used. Actually, maybe it works with GeDoSaTo?

Also, if interested, one of Jim's compendium posts on how to enable dev mode.

Edit: If you have an NVidia card I found an old post for an SGSSAA bit on 3DCenter that might work. No idea if there is anything newer but you could try 0x000012C1. See here.

For a game released in 2009, it still looks quite good, but I can't make AA work in this game

You could downsample and try the SGSSAA bit on 3DCenter as One3rd stated.
There should be a config file where you can play around with different values for FSAA but I don't remeber if it does anything ingame...
The config file is located somewhere in appdata/local/techland.
If you want you can also use this flag "0x00000019" to enable HBAO+.

I'd take more screenshots but the game has some pretty nasty image quality issues, I don't want to support the arsehole developers, and I simply cannot bring myself to endure such a boring "game", so this is the only Dear Esther panorama I'll make.

15755646903_be1aab09e9_o.jpg

LightBringer

Neo Member
Whoa that looks awesome! :D Could you link me to the injector you used? Novel Injector leads to nothing :/

And the game came out 2 1/2 years ago :p

Ah, got that date mixed up. It got delayed quiet a bit...

For the shot I used GEMFX injector. You should be able to find in google. Offers very friendly shader controles and many new light effects that haven't been in injectors before :)

Top Bottom