• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015: The Year of Xbox (All Exclusive Games)

rrc1594

giphy.gif

De_Legend

Banned
Would be weird to not launch a collection.. since it's coming in 2015 and that it's not the new one..

Maybe it's just a port of Gears Judgement. lol

I find it hard to believe a Gears Collection isn't the game this year unless Gears 4 is 2017 (which seems a lot way off...)

I mean, what else could they have coming unless they and Epic had another partner working on something Gears when they bought it off them? (in which case you'd think there was less of a reason for Epic to sell?)

Perhaps Shinobi is suggesting a Gears of War: COG Assault, Vanguard Games put down Halo twin stick shooters for Gears... i'd love that!

If there is a Gears Collection, I hope for Gears fans that it functions better than the last Collection.

I would expect so. Halo MCC was ambitious, if not overly so and it caused their downfall, at least in comparison to a Gears Collection. Halo runs like 8 different engines, across 4 platforms then tries to tie it all together... I can see the potential issues with that, and it didn't get the time it obviously needed.

Even if they pick the PC port of Gears 1 (which they should for the extra campaign level) its all still different and smaller changes in versions of the same engine and I doubt they will bother will Anniversary style updates as Gears still looks so good, it would be a nice but strange decision as it would surely bump up costs and dev time significantly and would it really have the same affect as Halo 2 Anniversary CGI/graphics did?

gaming_noob

The Gears collection ideally should release next year for the franchise's 10th anniversary (boy is time flying). This year's Gears being a remake of the first would be awesome.

No way Punishment is thi syear. They would NEVER put Gears mainline up against Halo mainline.

Will be Gears Collection. 100%. Forza 6 September, Gears October, Halo November.

My money is on Gears Collection being of the pre-Fall games Ken Lobb mentioned on TiC podcast personally

Welfare

Collection...maybe...maybe not...

There will be a Gears title.

Don't play with me like this :(

Actually a remake of 1 sounds good. Get any new players into the universe, and then next year the newest Gears title comes out. Sorta like HCEA and Halo 4.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Would be weird to not launch a collection.. since it's coming in 2015 and that it's not the new one..

Maybe it's just a port of Gears Judgement. lol

would anyone even want a port of gears of war judgement? Seriously its as lazy as god of war ascension in terms of by the numbers...atleast with ascension the graphics are good.

1-3 should be absolutely sufficient for those gears fans

Don't play with me like this :(

Actually a remake of 1 sounds good. Get any new players into the universe, and then next year the newest Gears title comes out. Sorta like HCEA and Halo 4.

What does a Gears remake achieve though? Halo updated the graphics which looks obviously dated on OG Xbox, I don't really feel the same about Gears 1, it still looks great, if still like a 360 2006 game...

I'd rather just have them all

Another thing I have been wondering about Gears 4 is what framerate and resolution it'll achieve. I don't think they will be able to achieve 1080p60, since they're probably going balls out on textures and lighting and all that. Not sure if I'd rather have 720p60, 1080p30, or maybe it'll be possible to get some weird 8xx or 9xx resolution with 60.

gaming_noob

Another thing I have been wondering about Gears 4 is what framerate and resolution it'll achieve. I don't think they will be able to achieve 1080p60, since they're probably going balls out on textures and lighting and all that. Not sure if I'd rather have 720p60, 1080p30, or maybe it'll be possible to get some weird 8xx or 9xx resolution with 60.

900p 30fps like Ryse.

Silence: The Whispered World 2 was just announced for PS4 yesterday, but it's still unclear whether that has some sort of timed console exclusivity on Xbox as the PS4 release date was given as "soon", and no set date has been given for other platforms other than early 2015.

Fable Legends Free2Play
Quantum Break delayed for 2016
Phantom Dust Studio closed

This Thread will get an big Update when i get home

sam777

Fable Legends Free2Play
Quantum Break delayed for 2016
Phantom Dust Studio closed

This Thread will get an big Update when i get home

Probably benefits MS to delay QB to the start of 2016, instead of having TR, Halo 5 and Forza all release at the end of the year.

ryan299

No way Punishment is thi syear. They would NEVER put Gears mainline up against Halo mainline.

Will be Gears Collection. 100%. Forza 6 September, Gears October, Halo November.

I think Halo is coming in September along with Forza. Tomb Raider October and Gears collection in November.

Halo has had success in September and I think they need to get it away from COD.

paxromana

Banned
As I mentioned in the Quantum Break thread, the potential delay makes my wallet smile. There are already too many great games coming out in fall, Forza Motorsport 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, and I'll have to get FIFA 16 as well.
Hopefully bomba announcement of Gears collection during E3 as well. On top of that I gotta get a PS4 + Uncharted 4 and maybe The Order 1866 if it's 20$ by then.

Top Bottom