• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we also dont get The Expanse weekly which gutted me :(

we get Crazy Ex weekly but not Jane, its a bit of a mess.

Pachimari

Fuck I'm getting hopeless with regards to Riverdale. Total favorite show. :(

I really hope that the deal Warner Bros made for the Archie-verse will give this show some legs.

Riverdale might get one more season, don't see it going beyond that unless it does extremely well on Netflix.

Unlike JTV and Crazy-Ex it won't be getting any award buzz.

Also not surprised at the Blacklist spinoff numbers. The main show has gotten lower every season so it's not surprising the spinoff has similar numbers.

Blindspot has been trash this season, can't believe one of the main characters is now a crackhead. More than likely going to drop it after this season.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there's a Blacklist spinoff? o_O

edit: oh there it is, I didnt see it before. The Blacklist Redemption, with Tom huh? Nobody cares about that show except for James Spader, I dont know what they were thinking :/

Sean

Banned
Katherine Heigl Starrer 'Doubt' Canceled at CBS After 2 Episodes

It's February and the Big 5 finally have finally made their first cancellation of the 2016-17 broadcast season.

CBS has canceled legal drama Doubt, starring Katherine Heigl and Laverne Cox, after only two low-rated episodes, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The series, which was redeveloped and largely recast from last pilot season, will be replaced by a repeat of Bull in Doubt's Wednesday at 10 p.m. slot on Wednesday, March 1. Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders will take over the Wednesday at 10 p.m. slot starting March 8.

there's a Blacklist spinoff? o_O

edit: oh there it is, I didnt see it before. The Blacklist Redemption, with Tom huh? Nobody cares about that show except for James Spader, I dont know what they were thinking :/
I completely lost interest in the Blacklist after the previous season.

It was only a good show when James Spader was leading the FBI to badguys to further some mysterious agenda he had. Once he wasn't the one in control of everything, the only thing the show had going for it was gone.

Rhaknar

I completely lost interest in the Blacklist after the previous season.

It was only a good show when James Spader was leading the FBI to badguys to further some mysterious agenda he had. Once he wasn't the one in control of everything, the only thing the show had going for it was gone.

I dropped off midway through season 2, I have no idea what the show is about these days.

vypek

Wow. So the episodes are pulled and replaced with reruns? That's rough to get cancelled so quick. Reminds me of a reality show on Fox that it happened to where it was pulled and replaced without going through the episodes.

Anyone remember I wanna marry Harry? Oh wait I think the show Utopia had the same issue

mreddie

Dammit Heigl! Can the TV industry just stop casting her and admit that she's ratings poison?

That girl is POOOOOOIIIIIIIIISSSSOOOOOONNNNNNNN
giphy.gif

ryseing

I could definitely see Fox try to crack open That 70s Show again. They've already gone back to the well for Prison Break, 24, and The X Files. The golden era for them starts in the mid 2000s. NBC probably wishes it was 1996 again, so they'll reach for stuff around then.

In that case, they really need to bring one show in particular back.

WELCOME BACK TO THE OC BITCHES

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If we actually did a cancellation pool there's no way in hell anyone would've picked a date at the end of February.

Worst case scenario, I figured it would finish its run and then get cancelled. Only airing 2 eps and then getting yanked is just...Ouch. That's worse than Wicked City.

Pluto

They don't, to a point. A WB produced show getting a 0.3 is at that point.
I looked it up on wikipedia and it says Riverdale is both a WB and a CBS show? If CBS is co-producing that could be good, right? It being a CBS show (sort of) and the Neflix deal could help getting them a second season. Please make it happen CW.

And iZombie, I hope that one isn't killed by the long ass hiatus.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I looked it up on wikipedia and it says Riverdale is both a WB and a CBS show? If CBS is co-producing that could be good, right? It being a CBS show (sort of) and the Neflix deal could help getting them a second season. Please make it happen CW.

And iZombie, I hope that one isn't killed by the long ass hiatus.

For the purposes of discussing whether something is a CBS show or a WB show on the CW, you need to look at the distributor. Everything CBS produced technically lists WB as a co-production (while the reverse isn't necessarily true, especially with so many DC comics shows coming from WB).

Bluth54

But honestly, I think the CW should have tapped out at 4 DC TV shows, not that I don't want more, but run the risk of only being known for that and gets harder to launch other content... which I guess kind of proven since haven't really launched a ton of successful shows recently.

I wouldn't mind an 8-10 season show that runs over the summer but yeah I feel like CW is probably do enough superhero shows during the Fall to Spring season.

Pluto

For the purposes of discussing whether something is a CBS show or a WB show on the CW, you need to look at the distributor. Everything CBS produced technically lists WB as a co-production (while the reverse isn't necessarily true, especially with so many DC comics shows coming from WB).
Oh ... so unless it's a big hit on Netflix I guess season 1 will be all we get. :(

styl3s

In that case, they really need to bring one show in particular back.

WELCOME BACK TO THE OC BITCHES
Even though this idea is completely different from what the OC was i would fucking love a OC comeback like 5-10 years from now following Ryan and his family possibly adopted son and Seth and his family in a OC-lite parenthood style show.

Amazing how much television changed in this regard.

No thanks. Keep her away from the show.
As someone who was begrudgingly convinced to watch that show but secretly fell in love with it but don't tell anyone or i will kill you i am in Season 3 and she's the absolute worst fucking thing about this show and i look forward to her exit. I would of said Alex is also the worst but his douche bagness is starting to oddly grow on me.

I hope Heigl goes back to Grey's Anatomy, at least then the curse can be lifted.

Shonda Rhimes would have to die for Heigl to return to show and even then it would be unlikely as Shonda would put something on her will to forbid Heigl to return to Grey's.

As someone who was begrudgingly convinced to watch that show but secretly fell in love with it but don't tell anyone or i will kill you i am in Season 3 and she's the absolute worst fucking thing about this show and i look forward to her exit. I would of said Alex is also the worst but his douche bagness is starting to oddly grow on me.

Alex has to be the character that grows most during the show. He is pretty much my favourite right now.

Someone at the CW is looking at Riverdale numbers and wondering how they can slot in another 5 DC cape shows for next season.

Yep. I wasn't sure how Riverdale would perform before it launched, but in retrospect it seems obvious that it wouldn't do very well. It's totally off brand from what is currently getting decent ratings on the CW. Are there any traditional teen dramas that are doing well anywhere right now? I can't think of any.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yep. I wasn't sure how Riverdale would perform before it launched, but in retrospect it seems obvious that it wouldn't do very well. It's totally off brand from what is currently getting decent ratings on the CW. Are there any traditional teen dramas that are doing well anywhere right now? I can't think of any.

Do YouTube Drama channels count?

Joni

With Alex, it is always clear why he acts like an asshole and he shows his heart as well. You appreciate why he is like that, and he is one of the people that shines.

Shonda Rhimes would have to die for Heigl to return to show and even then it would be unlikely as Shonda would put something on her will to forbid Heigl to return to Grey's.

She should just kill Izzie. Not in an episode or something, just have Alex get a phone call.

Bladenic

Did Heigl even do any promo? I saw a few appearances by Cox promoting the show but not Heigl.

It's a bit sad because Cox was talking about how they had a storyline about her character dating a straight man later on which hadn't been done on national TV (her words, I assume it's right) but obviously that won't happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom