• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supergirl is still the worst of the Berlanti DCTV shows, so incredibly frustrating to watch and how they've fucked it up. When it was CBS, okay fine but on CW I had hopes they'd really fix the problems but nope and they might actually be worse. They killed all the good will they gained from the first couple episodes of this season. I said it in the OT but the show badly needs a shake up, get rid of the team/DEO shit because Supergirl shouldn't need an army of people assisting her, I doubt Clark has that, put the focus back and Kara/Supergirl cut down on the damn relationship drama (I know, CW and drama is cheap) and just change the formula up from Arrow, Flash and to a lesser extent Legends of Tomorrow because it's been completely run into the ground. Shut down the DEO, put Alex Science Police with Maggie, shit put J'onn there too, still let Winn, with his own life, still be Kara's "tech" guy or whatever and have Jimmy return to Metropolis since they clearly don't have anything interesting for him. Keep Lena doing her thing, keep Kara working at Catco, we don't need to know who is running the damn thing. Whoever I might've forgot in the regular cast, oh well.

I didn't even get into how badly they screwed up Miss Martian.

CW's Monday just collapsed after this last break, damn.

I feel like nobody remembers how bad that show actually was. The current lineup of comic book shows are still far ahead of that mess.

I know a lot of people liked the last season but through all the garbage, including the Lana drama and that season ruining arc in eight, I stuck with it but season 10 just completely ruined the show for me. I think I've only watched the pilot again since.

Season 5 was the one filled with the drama over Lana and Lex getting married and the fake baby , right? That was a bad fucking season. Smallville was at its worst when it was trying to play up the drama between Lana and Clark. That relationship should have ended at graduation.

Was that the one where Lana finds out she's an "ancestor" (intentional because the writers didn't know the difference between ancestor and descendant) of a witch or... No that was season four, season five had the Lana is a vampire episode. >_>

I would've given it college had Clark actually stayed in college for more than five minutes. I absolutely hate that they never allowed Clark to actually be the one to get over and move on from her without that stupid gimmick of the her being Super Lana with the Kryptonite absorbing powers to make her literally toxic to Clark which the people in charge thought was just so brilliant of a metaphor. All they needed to fucking do is have Clark realize that the Lana he had a crush on when they were younger was dead (and tell her she wasn't that girl anymore) and give the classic WB/CW walk away scene and been done with it but nooooooo.

Dysun

Good. Kill Seeso, license the programming internationally on Netflix. I probably would've liked the service but I can't damn well access it can I.

No, it didn't. Go back and watch. Flash's Savitar is amazing in comparison to some of Smallville's stuff.

The first three seasons, 90% of the episodes are pointless freak of the week filler. And unlike the modern stuff they don't even tie into the comics.

You're right, the first three season's didnt but the show ran for 10 years and Seasons 4-10 all had a big through line for the most part
I'm not gonna argue that Smallville anything above mediocre (for its time), but the fact that it's even being brought up in comparison to Supergirl says enough

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
9Yzzua2.gif

Besides Twin Peaks and I Love Dick, literally every other show that premieres in May that I plan to watch is on Netflix.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I'm watching Designated Survivor, and this one character is taking a picture...
screenshot2017-05-04ak1a8m.png

And then he even says "got it" afterwards.

I mean, come on, how did you not catch this? Terrible effort from the entire crew and cast.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
9Yzzua2.gif

Besides Twin Peaks and I Love Dick, literally every other show that premieres in May that I plan to watch is on Netflix.

I begrudgingly have to admit to being in the same situation. I keep telling myself that I'll save House of Cards for later in the year, but that's a lie.

So I'm watching Designated Survivor, and this one character is taking a picture...

I mean, come on, how did you not catch this? Terrible effort from the entire crew and cast.

how did you notice, I was so busy laughing and feeling all embarrassed at that scene, so cheesy

Linkura

Another explanation is "old people." I know old people who think a picture is totally fine and it's actually blurry and/or complete shit. But you're probably right.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Older people really like their Hallmark channel stuff, keeping it alive. Wait thats an actually original canadian comedy series? What???

Yeah, that's actually pretty wild. It has the total viewership numbers to be in the top 5 cable shows.

But they're old and going to die soon so whatevs!

abundant

I like how we're worried about Supergirl, but it still is ahead of Arrow.

Given the huge difference in quality between the two, this makes me sad.

Although it wouldn't shock me to see viewership drop even further for Supergirl next season if they don't improve things.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I like how we're worried about Supergirl, but it still is ahead of Arrow.

I don't think anyone is/was worried about Supergirl getting another season or anything. It's that the show already feels like it's at a dead end creatively after just its first two seasons.

Arrow has had a creatively strong season this year.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Keep CBS All Access long enough for The Good Fight and Star Trek to gain traction then move it to Netflix. Then again, in many territories the latter is already there.

This is what I'm hoping happens with Star Trek: Discovery. All the international distribution for that show coming in courtesy of Netflix, coupled with the brand's [relative, admittedly-waned] power, should be enough to keep it afloat for a bit if and when CBS All Access buckles.

All Access does seem to be faring better than stuff like Seeso, though. There are some not-dreadful numbers floating around... but that could just be Les Moonves spinning things to Warp 10.

Also, speaking of go90, lol. It's been advertising the hell out of having every episode of Babylon 5. As a huge space opera TV fan to the point of probably coming across as annoying at times, this makes me grin, because that was a great show and Warner Bros has been utterly awful about distributing it since like 2005. Buuuut it's also a hilarious example of a service at its death knell. I'm not going to pretend that series ever ascended beyond a slim, hardcore fanbase, and it ended 19 years ago.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, that's actually pretty wild. It has the total viewership numbers to be in the top 5 cable shows.

But they're old and going to die soon so whatevs!
I like to imagine that The Good Witch is required viewing by Scientologists. Same reason anyone watches Imaginary Mary at all.

Weevilone

Writing was on the wall I guess, but sucks.

I just have to always remember that normal people don't seem to like the shows that I do. Wife will be pissed about Emerald City for sure.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Given the huge difference in quality between the two, this makes me sad.

Although it wouldn't shock me to see viewership drop even further for Supergirl next season if they don't improve things.
How long until they give in and make Supergirl x Lena Luther happens?

womfalcs3

Banned
Law and Order: SVU attracting 5 million viewers... down like 67% from 10 years ago, if I remember correctly. I watch my first episode after 8 years yesterday, and it's horrible now. Let it die.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everyone has probably seen this, but I guess Chuck Lorre is throwing some shade at Trump since this card is at the end of all his shows this week:

29wwsZS.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
The more people publicly throwing shade at Trump, the better.

You just know if (when) he sees that, he'll be heated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
D'Onofrio needs to be filming DD S3 not shitty Scy Fy shows damn it.

Kaiterra

Banned
Law and Order: SVU attracting 5 million viewers... down like 67% from 10 years ago, if I remember correctly. I watch my first episode after 8 years yesterday, and it's horrible now. Let it die.

I jumped off the SVU train a few years back when they did like 3-4 episodes back to back with false rape allegations and kept having increasingly ridiculous personal drama storylines, particularly that one where Benson got kidnapped by that psycho guy. Mercy kill it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom