• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What About Barb?
I know this is a gender-swapped What About Bob, but all I imagine is a Stranger Things spinoff where some other high school kids are seriously confused about why no one is concerned that Barb disappeared.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I know this is a gender-swapped What About Bob, but all I imagine is a Stranger Things spinoff where some other high school kids are seriously confused about why no one is concerned that Barb disappeared.

alternatively it's a riverdale spinoff where everyone just points out that barb isn't a very good actress and her timing and line reads are all off constantly

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'll be shocked if Agents of SHIELD is renewed. I've been mentally preparing myself since last year for its inevitable cancellation after four seasons. I'll bet the cast and crew get hammered in celebration when the call comes down.

Nothing But Chicago is backfiring hard.

The quadrilogy is crumbling!

Joni

It is a surprise Chicago is going badly but with the typical syndication channels spicing it up with their own shows it does make sense that this could happen. The Catch having a chance is also a surprise. That must mean someone is going to deliver some other bad news to Shonda.

xrnzaaas

Exorcist might have a chance to come back? Damn, I really must watch the first season at some point. The promos were super awful, but I've heard some things about the show post premiere.

I love me some Chicago Fire but you couldn't pay me to watch the others, even crossovers.
Heck im tempted to even skip the Chicago Fire episodes of the crossover when they come.

Exorcist might have a chance to come back? Damn, I really must watch the first season at some point. The promos were super awful, but I've heard some things about the show post premiere.

It was surprisingly good, even if you think the first couple of episodes are not good, just stick with it because everything starts to make more sense around episode 5,

Pachimari

I fully expect Agents of Shield to get renewed. But I really want The Originals to get a limited renewal, maybe a 13-episode Season 5 to wrap it up nicely and for us to get those TVD crossovers.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I fully expect Agents of Shield to get renewed. But I really want The Originals to get a limited renewal, maybe a 13-episode Season 5 to wrap it up nicely and for us to get those TVD crossovers.

Luckily, The CW is usually generous in that regard. Might only be for a few episodes, might be in the midst of summer, but you usually get to finish your show out if you've been around a couple seasons.

I knew it was probably going to happen, but I'm kinda upset pitch is cancelled.

Show was REALLY REALLY well done, and no one watched it, which is a shame.

Nobility

Banned
Come on AoS, they know what they are doing now!

Surprised about 24: Legacy, I don't know how well it's going to be received after another season but Corey Hawkins did good on it.

Interesting to hear B99 may get renewed, the last episode went in hard on social issues (racist cops) and its tried to stay away from politics in the past, only really briefly touching on homophobia inside the PD.

Whatever happened to that pilot/new show about a lady who talks to her dog, it starred the woman cop from Fargo. It looked absolutely terrible but I wanted to see it :(

I'm surprised 24 Legacy has any hope, it was a pretty terrible season and the ratings seemed to go off a cliff. It needs another reboot, I liked Cory Hawkins in Compton but his character was abysmally bad. They need to make a version of 24 that takes place in the 80s so they can mix in cold war, no cell phones or other bullshit high tech, etc. NOT a prequel starring young Jack Bauer, but just a version that deals with drugs and cold war and stuff.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Whatever happened to that pilot/new show about a lady who talks to her dog, it starred the woman cop from Fargo. It looked absolutely terrible but I wanted to see it :(

Downward Dog. I thought it had already premiered but I must've been thinking of Imaginary Mary. Looks like it's premiering on May 17th according to Ratsky's Summer TV Thread

G0523

Anyone expecting any surprise cancellations and/or renewals?
We have some shows on the bubble so I think going one way or the other wouldn't be surprising.
But I'm talking about shows that haven't been renewed or cancelled yet that were "sure bets."

Joni

Anyone expecting any surprise cancellations and/or renewals?
We have some shows on the bubble so I think going one way or the other wouldn't be surprising.
But I'm talking about shows that haven't been renewed or cancelled yet that were "sure bets."

Gotham is the only one that everyone excepts to be renewed but that isn't yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

is that something they said they would do?

Grizzlyjin

Everyone on GAF secretly watches and loves SHIELD.

Everyone.

I call Netflix customer service and complain everytime Agents of SHIELD pops up in my Shows You Might Like section. I will not be slandered in my own home.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I call Netflix customer service and complain everytime Agents of SHIELD pops up in my Shows You Might Like section. I will not be slandered in my own home.

Some are better at keeping the secret than others.

it would be libel, not slander

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is Timeless any good? Been re-watching The Shield and Last Resort, and now I'm craving for more Shawn Ryan show.

Every show has at least one fan, and they're going to be way more enthusiastic replying than the millions of us who don't care, but for what it's worth I found it boring, poorly written, poorly acted, and uninspired and gave up after a few episodes.

ZeoVGM

Banned
As they should. The show has always been awesome. Sure season 1 started slow but man from mid season it took off and has been good ever since.

My man.

giphy.gif

ZeoVGM

Banned
I actually like Timeless. It's a bit slow but the over all plot is kind of interesting even if it's been done before. It's one that I'd be sad to see go but I'd get over it pretty quickly if it did go.

LMAO. I can't stop laughing at that gif.

I adore this cast.

https://twitter.com/iambjbritt/status/857052261477793792

https://twitter.com/iambjbritt/status/854794178357739520

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkWhlW9K68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhEd9SoNrkU (Yes, this entire thing is worth watching as it gets more and more ridiculous.)

Pluto

Is Timeless any good? Been re-watching The Shield and Last Resort, and now I'm craving for more Shawn Ryan show.
It has an interesting premise, I thought the pilot was quite good for a pilot and it showed some promise but the actual show ... meh. The time travel was the part that interested me the most but it was only used as a backdrop for "secret organization, conspiracy bullshit that involves parents" story #2,418. I may be wrong about that because I checked out pretty fast but that's the idea I got from what I saw.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It has an interesting premise, I thought the pilot was quite good for a pilot and it showed some promise but the actual show ... meh. The time travel was the part that interested me the most but it was only used as a backdrop for "secret organization, conspiracy bullshit that involves parents" story #2,418. I may be wrong about that because I checked out pretty fast but that's the idea I got from what I saw.
Even until like the final episode, they had no concrete plan for fighting the conspiracy. It's a textbook case of how not to write a season long arc.

TheOddOne

Every show has at least one fan, and they're going to be way more enthusiastic replying than the millions of us who don't care, but for what it's worth I found it boring, poorly written, poorly acted, and uninspired and gave up after a few episodes.
This is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom