• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

Obviously only thing that can save 24 is bringing Jack back ;)

Kim Bauer travels to Russia to rescue her dad only to be captured and escape multiple times. Then in the finale Jack performs a prison break and places her on a plane back to the US before he's arrested by Russians again.

Oh, and Kim's sexy husband Stefan is actually a mole working for North Korea (because why not).

Kim Bauer travels to Russia to rescue her dad only to be captured and escape multiple times. Then in the finale Jack performs a prison break and places her on a plane back to the US before he's arrested by Russians again.

Oh, and Kim's sexy husband Stefan is actually a mole working for North Korea (because why not).
If it's on HBO with gratuitous nudity, will watch.
jk

They need to make a version of 24 that takes place in the 80s so they can mix in cold war, no cell phones or other bullshit high tech, etc. NOT a prequel starring young Jack Bauer, but just a version that deals with drugs and cold war and stuff.

If they were sticking with the real-time format, they'd get absolutely fuck all done in a day.

berzeli

Banned
In things that make financial sense:
’13 Reasons Why’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
It’s now official – 13 Reasons Why, Netflix’s adaption of the bestselling 2007 YA book by Jay Asher, has been renewed for a 13-episode second season to premiere in 2018. Season 2 will pick up in the aftermath of Hannah Baker’s death and the start of the characters’ complicated journeys toward healing and recovery.

At least there doesn't appear to be more tapes?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Should have just done another suicide with another revenge gimmick and an all new cast.

No, fill that the Following trash void.

Her death and gimmick ​inspire a cult who is going to show one rogue detective (who doesn't play by the rules) the 13 reasons why the President must be murdered.

berzeli

Banned
tbh, the thing that excites me about a potential successful second season of that show is if it's going to spawn copycats*, and most importantly if they'll release The Sorrows of Young Werther with a 13 Reasons Why inspired cover: "This is your tape letter, Charlotte"

*edit: shit I mean copycat shows. Probably should be very clear about that since I also mentioned The Sorrows of Young Werther.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Lol, Netflix will renew almost anything.

Are you referring to 13 Reasons Why?

Isn't that a huge hit that people have been talking about for weeks? Seems like a weird choice to label as "almost anything."

It's one of those rare Netflix shows that fits a category of Stranger Things, Daredevil and Orange is the New Black that I hear people talk about in public all the time.

Aiii

So not worth it

Her death and gimmick ​inspire a cult who is going to show one rogue detective (who doesn't play by the rules) the 13 reasons why the President must be murdered.

Sounds like some weird Death Note spin-off.

Oh god this is the plot to Netflix's Death Note movie, isn't it?

"Show us your 13 Reasons Why, L-san."

I so wish we had gotten a fourth season of The Following. What a terrible, fun, ridiculous show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you referring to 13 Reasons Why?

Isn't that a huge hit that people have been talking about for weeks? Seems like a weird choice to label as "almost anything."

It's one of those rare Netflix shows that fits a category of Stranger Things, Daredevil and Orange is the New Black that I hear people talk about in public all the time.
The show is weird. It's either complete trash that turns tragedy into cheap melodrama, or it's the most insightful show about teenage angst ever made. I don't think I've seen a middling review. lol

I really want The Amazing Race to return. It's looking good, but still no renewal.
This season has shown that it's run its course. It's all about drama now, and when they go to one of my dream places (Venice) and I hate every minute of it because everyone sucks, I don't know what they can do.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The show is weird. It's either complete trash that turns tragedy into cheap melodrama, or it's the most insightful show about teenage angst ever made. I don't think I've seen a middling review. lol

I haven't watched it yet. It's just weird that dead souls would act as if it's strange that it got renewed. It's easily one of the most talked about Netflix shows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Watched the first 4 eps of Santa Clarita Diet and I really enjoy it, so y'all can suck mah balls.

It has this other wordly vibe to it, almost like an Adams Family thing, where people don't act quite normal. Im sure people hated that but im into it. Also I find Olyphant's character pretty funny especially coming off Justified.

30min eps and just 10 makes it quite easy to watch too. Bring on the hate because, well...

giphy.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't watched it yet. It's just weird that dead souls would act as if it's strange that it got renewed. It's easily one of the most talked about Netflix shows.
I suppose it's like why Netflix will make Adam Sandler films for as long as it exists.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watched the first 4 eps of Santa Clarita Diet and I really enjoy it, so y'all can suck mah balls.

It has this other wordly vibe to it, almost like an Adams Family thing, where people don't act quite normal. Im sure people hated that but im into it. Also I find Olyphant's character pretty funny especially coming off Justified.

30min eps and just 10 makes it quite easy to watch too. Bring on the hate because, well...

http://media2.giphy.com/media/AV7K5Z4W4nf8c/giphy.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I like how you're preemptively justifying watching a perfectly fine show, that's not weird at all.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think that's true, though. It has a 83% user like-ratio on RT (71% fresh, too). Consensus seems to be it's okay.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think that's true, though. It has a 83% user like-ratio on RT (71% fresh, too). Consensus seems to be it's okay.
Maybe I just happen to follow the 5 critics who thought it was bad, including one who keeps talking about how she wants to see Timothy's big Olyphant. lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I fucking hated Santa Clarita Diet. Literally the only thing I liked about it was the cast. And I didn't even like what they were doing in the show that much. I tapped out on Episode 5 or 6, I think.

Somewhere, there is a universe where The Grinder is a Netflix Original and Olyphant is a regular there. That's where I want to live.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like how you're preemptively justifying watching a perfectly fine show, that's not weird at all.

I havent seen Gaf, specifically tv gaf, shit on a show so bad since...I dunno, The Following?

or maybe it was just the usual 4 or 5 people that shit on everything and I focused on them. You know who you are :3

I fucking hated Santa Clarita Diet. Literally the only thing I liked about it was the cast. And I didn't even like what they were doing in the show that much. I tapped out on Episode 5 or 6, I think.

Somewhere, there is a universe where The Grinder is a Netflix Original and Olyphant is a regular there. That's where I want to live.
Sign me up

Population: 2

I'm against things that should be miniseries being dragged out for multiple seasons. 13 whatever was based on a book right? The season adapted all of it so it should be done.

I'm greatly enjoying Handmaid's Tale but I don't think it should be a multiple season show either. I feel the same way about Big Little Lies.

Slayven

Every show has at least one fan, and they're going to be way more enthusiastic replying than the millions of us who don't care, but for what it's worth I found it boring, poorly written, poorly acted, and uninspired and gave up after a few episodes.

No Stump, no......

iammeiam

Penguin

I am curious as to why someone wouldn't want to pick up the Chicago shows for syndication though

Or is there just so many of those shows out there already that networks don't necessarily need new ones

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I am curious as to why someone wouldn't want to pick up the Chicago shows for syndication though

Or is there just so many of those shows out there already that networks don't necessarily need new ones

Maybe the occasional crossovers complicate things too much in buyers' eyes.

or everyone is rightfully salty over the cubs beating the Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom