• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they got a good deal with the tax incentives but Black Lighting needs to be filmed in Georgia for a host of reasons, including taking population demographics into consideration and like I already said, I don't want to see Vancouver as an obvious stand-in for yet another Berlanti DC show. Four shows, even if one of them has more variety, is too much and they have enough trouble hiding it as it is.

EDIT: Oh, forgot the show is actually set in New Orleans... Yeah, no way in hell you'd make Vancouver work for that.

Pachimari

I really want Flash to cross over to Riverdale for Archie and Jughead to have a fan moment and totally freak out about him. Just a short visit.

Kin5290

Jesus, what's with networks are trying to remake The Unit without actually remaking The Unit?

The Brave - might not be garbage. The trailer is filled with schlocky cliched lines but if it pulls everything from the pilot maybe they're just getting everything out of the way. Also looks like two of the operators are vaguely brown or Muslim, which is cool. This could be a procedural like The Activity: the series.

SEAL Team - Yikes. The banter is just awful, and the trailer seems to be hinting at a love triangle involving David Boreanz and the intel officer? Cue teamamericavomit.gif

Valor - The female lead, who is in the armed forces, is running around in uniform with a ponytail. Enough said.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Its Kimmy day you heathens. Rejoice!
So... a podcast I listened to said that the show is as problematic as 2 Broke Girls when it comes to race (well, portraying Asians specifically), so I passed hard on it. Did they fix that?

Jesus, what's with networks are trying to remake The Unit without actually remaking The Unit?

The Brave - might not be garbage. The trailer is filled with schlocky cliched lines but if it pulls everything from the pilot maybe they're just getting everything out of the way. Also looks like two of the operators are vaguely brown or Muslim, which is cool. This could be a procedural like The Activity: the series.

SEAL Team - Yikes. The banter is just awful, and the trailer seems to be hinting at a love triangle involving David Boreanz and the intel officer? Cue teamamericavomit.gif

Valor - The female lead, who is in the armed forces, is running around in uniform with a ponytail. Enough said.

I blame History channel. I guess their Seal team miniseries did well.
(It's also stupid like 24 and had a white girl be a terrorist in the last 5 minutes of the finale to try to shock everyone lol)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Life Sentence looks like a sequel to No Tomorrow... That thread title next year will be an easy one.

Maybe it has a better chance since it has Lucy Hale hot off the heels of Pretty Little Liars?
I'm deluding myself. Joni will make the thread and we'll be the only ones watching lol

At least Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are hanging in there. It's nice to watch something that isn't a superhero show every once in awhile.

TVexperto

Can someone explain me the difference between SEAL Team and SWAT? Im from europe so why would they even air similar shows like that

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can someone explain me the difference between SEAL Team and SWAT? Im from europe so why would they even air similar shows like that
It's like... GIGN and whatever the local police is called in Paris.
Or the SAS and the Metropolitan Police.

Basically one show will use violence against African Americans as a plot device, while the other will use Muslims. lol

xrnzaaas

Why did I expect they'll use a remix of the old Dynasty theme song which was (still is) really cool even to a guy that's not interested in soap operas. :)

Also pretty much trash except for that Lucy Hale show, but I'd be more interested in seeing it on some cable network (like younger The Big C or something like that).

Kin5290

So... a podcast I listened to said that the show is as problematic as 2 Broke Girls when it comes to race (well, portraying Asians specifically), so I passed hard on it. Did they fix that?
I blame History channel. I guess their Seal team miniseries did well.
(It's also stupid like 24 and had a white girl be a terrorist in the last 5 minutes of the finale to try to shock everyone lol)
Huh, I didn't know Six did that well. I thought it looked like utter garbage from the trailers and screenshots.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

A SEAL team is part of the federal government's military.

A SWAT team is part of a city government's police force.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fine, I'll do it:

Fast-Demo-2017-May-18.THU_.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Huh, I didn't know Six did that well. I thought it looked like utter garbage from the trailers and screenshots.

It was renewed for an expanded second season!

Don't worry, it got a 60% boost with the L+3 DVR numbers:

good lord

‘Animals' Renewed For Third Season By HBO, too. I don't know anyone that watches this.

Shit, I was hoping they'd cancel this. (also, I watch of course lol)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

err well one of the main characters is black so I have to assume this is over the whole jane krakowski's character is actually native american story?

edit: oh I completely forgot Dong...yeah >_>

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I watched the first few episodes and have the rest still on DVR, but I got tired of the "Rape Scene of the Week" - Did it ever move on from that?
Can you expand on that? How did that fit in?

Zero315

Banned
I think they got rid of Dong (Ugh...) last season, but he wasn't the only source of the shows problem with Asians. It's part of the reason why I dropped it last season, plus Fey/the writers response to the criticism with the episode "Kimmy Goes To A Play". Not to mention that the prominent Native American character in the show is played by a white woman.

Here's a pretty good write-up about it on Vice.

Whooter

Can you expand on that? How did that fit in?

Part of the plot included a Boko Haram-type kidnapping of a bunch of schoolgirls, and they seemed to need to remind us that these guys like rape. Like every week, we needed yet another scene covering it.

As someone married to a rape survivor, I can watch the occasional scene with some discomfort, but I don't need to see it every week. YMMV.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

If you can stomach Jian Yang in Silicon Valley then you should have minimal trouble with Dong in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Part of the plot included a Boko Haram-type kidnapping of a bunch of schoolgirls, and they seemed to need to remind us that these guys like rape. Like every week, we needed yet another scene covering it.

As someone married to a rape survivor, I can watch the occasional scene with some discomfort, but I don't need to see it every week. YMMV.
Ah, that sounds less than useful. I would say I'm a little extra sensitive to the value of rape sequences for similar reasons, so no thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going to say it again so Ratsky can get mad at me for not doing it yet, but I really should watch Black Sails :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
err well one of the main characters is black so I have to assume this is over the whole jane krakowski's character is actually native american story?

edit: oh I completely forgot Dong...yeah >_>
Dong... :p

I think they got rid of Dong (Ugh...) last season, but he wasn't the only source of the shows problem with Asians. It's part of the reason why I dropped it last season, plus Fey/the writers response to the criticism with the episode "Kimmy Goes To A Play". Not to mention that the prominent Native American character in the show is played by a white woman.

Here's a pretty good write-up about it on Vice.

So, I guess, I still can't watch it. lol

If you can stomach Jian Yang in Silicon Valley then you should have minimal trouble with Dong in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
Jian has some agency though, as we see with the way he fucks over everyone. lol

Lazy name is lazy...ish.

vypek

What a shit title.

Yep. The title of blackish is solely from the early theme in the first couple of episodes. She isn't sort of in college. She is just in college. I might check it out anyways if I remember to look at Freeform. Hope to see some improvements though

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You could theoretically do a show about being a freshman called "College-ish" - it would be similar in theme to Undeclared. But after that the name sort of becomes irrelevant.

Unless she just decides to do the Axel from The Middle thing and skate buy college while staying at home all the time and driving a Winebago.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You could theoretically do a show about being a freshman called "College-ish" - it would be similar in theme to Undeclared. But after that the name sort of becomes irrelevant.

Unless she just decides to do the Axel from The Middle thing and skate buy college while staying at home all the time and driving a Winebago.
They might not have to worry about the stupid name after the first season.

Man that Supernatural + Scooby Doo crossover as well as Riverdale are making me crave a show real bad atm.

A CW live action Scooby Doo series, i'd probably watch the hell out of that.

Kevin

Man that Supernatural + Scooby Doo crossover as well as Riverdale are making me crave a show real bad atm.

A CW live action Scooby Doo series, i'd probably watch the hell out of that.

The Scooby Doo episode is serious hype for me. I hope the entire Scooby gang is included along with stuff like the Impala. lol

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I assumed he was just a draw for season 1 and they seemed to write him out. But it would be really nice if he was back

Yeah, I can see it going either way with how it ended. Would be neat if he came back, but I'm just glad it's continuing. Maybe have another celebrity come in on S2?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I can't wait to see how big the new Twin Peaks ends up being for Showtime. After a long stream of disappointments, they're overdue for a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom