• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh. Theres a big ass banner for Bloodline S3 on netflix (with a countdown and everything) on the main page, I didnt know the girl from freaks and geeks (and Hawkeye's wife in Age of Ultron) was in this. Was she there from the start? Might have to watch if so.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh. Theres a big ass banner for Bloodline S3 on netflix (with a countdown and everything) on the main page, I didnt know the girl from freaks and geeks (and Hawkeye's wife in Age of Ultron) was in this. Was she there from the start? Might have to watch if so.

Yep, Linda "Hot Velma" Cardellini has always been there. She's the baby sister of the main family in the show. Which reminds me, I need to catch up on Bloodline.

No. Twin Peaks it's probably just a one season affair, it's the television event of the season and not just in America.
In the UK they are airing the premiere at the same time as the USA, that's probably something that never happened before.
The international rights have been sold months in advance and multiple countries are airing it tomorrow or the following week.
That review is clearly written by someone who didn't really like the show. They liked the Laura Palmer murder mystery but the show evolved from that and become something more.
Their complaints about Cooper are ridiculous because that's​ more or less the direction people expected that character to go given how the show ended before.
This is probably going to be one of Showtime's biggest premieres in terms of ratings.

kevin1025

Banned
No. Twin Peaks it's probably just a one season affair, it's the television event of the season and not just in America.
In the UK they are airing the premiere at the same time as the USA, that's probably something that never happened before.
The international rights have been sold months in advance and multiple countries are airing it tomorrow or the following week.
That review is clearly written by someone who didn't really like the show. They liked the Laura Palmer murder mystery but the show evolved from that and become something more.
Their complaints about Cooper are ridiculous because that's​ more or less the direction people expected that character to go given how the show ended before.
This is probably going to be one of Showtime's biggest premieres in terms of ratings.

Plus a David Lynch project is never going to be for everyone, haha. This is likely to be an 18-hour art film.

berzeli

Banned
It would be so much bullshit if this was the case. I mean he's perfectly entitled to not liking Twin Peaks but:
8LkhJxX.png

(guess which review is that red one?)

Penguin

So I completely forgot about Still Starcrossed

I honestly thought it premiered and was cancelled already, but guess it drops next Monday

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sunday ratings?

Fast-Demo-2017-May-21.SUN_.png

Billboard Music Awards sucked the oxygen out of the room, but it's still steadily dropping. I don't even know why you'd watch unless you wanted to see the performances. There are performances, right?

Tonight is the premiere of The Bachelorette, which should be huge.

jdstorm

Banned
Man that Supernatural + Scooby Doo crossover as well as Riverdale are making me crave a show real bad atm.

A CW live action Scooby Doo series, i'd probably watch the hell out of that.

NCIS LA is practically that. Well minus the supernatural mysteries and with lots of Shaggy - Daphne will they or wont they angst.

berzeli

Banned
Do we know the ratings for Twin Peaks too?
In non-ratings ratings:
After last night’s airing, Showtime offered episodes 3-4 of the 18-episode reboot to subscribers of its streaming service, Showtime Anytime and Showtime On Demand. The network said it sparked the single biggest day and weekend of signups ever.

Friends From College has a nice cast

not so sure about that teaser tho, it has some funny bit but overall, hmm.
Ratsky put a lot of work into the Summer TV thread, trailers for upcoming (mostly summer) shows tend to go into that one.

Though the current structure of three different TV threads is admittedly a bit confusing, I'd rather have a "cancellations + pilot thread" and a "what [season] TV shows are you watching" thread but I feel I'm getting way off-topic and backseat moderation-y.

About 500k and a 0.2 for Twin Peaks. Seems kinda low, but will get a big time shifted boost. Details at the usual spots but I don't have time to link on my phone.

Lol, Twin Peaks bombed and it's only going down from here I'd wager.

I wonder how many people actually tuned out over the course of the two extremely dull hours? I know I wish I had switched over halfway through to watch Silicon Valley/Veep.

I doubt I'm Dying Up Here is going to perform well so I think Showtime is in for a pretty rough summer. Their super hyped new show gets beat by episodes of The Leftovers/American Gods. And to think I thought all the funny ratings news was over now that the broadcast season is basically done.

KonradLaw

The Player was garbage imo, I only tuned it for the pilot and looked to me like a spoof show for Person of Interest.

It got increasingly interesting as the season went by, the mythology evolved and more and more focus was put on Snipes character. It wasn't amazing, but it had plenty of potential. Shame it got canceled instead of Blindspot.

kevin1025

Banned

I wonder how many people actually tuned out over the course of the two extremely dull hours? I know I wish I had switched over halfway through to watch Silicon Valley/Veep.

I doubt I'm Dying Up Here is going to perform well so I think Showtime is in for a pretty rough summer. Their super hyped new show gets beat by episodes of The Leftovers/American Gods. And to think I thought all the funny ratings news was over now that the broadcast season is basically done.

I take it you don't like Showtime?

Grizzlyjin

Watching the trailer for I'm Dying Up Here made me wonder who the program was even for. These premium networks keep throwing money at these tired period dramas that have nothing new to say. Oh, a dark and "complex" protagonist navigates a world of success, excess, DRUGS, AND SEX!

I think Starz is making a smart play going so heavy into the high end fantasy and genre programming. They're going to keep growing among the cord cutters that way.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Starz gets my respect because they don't DRM their channels on Verizon FiOS when you subscribe.

I recorded so much stuff during their free weekend.

kevin1025

Banned
Nope, if anything I'm a huge Showtime fan. I love Shameless, Billions, Homeland and The Affair. Hell, I wish we got new seasons of Masters of Sex/Penny Dreadful/The Borgias.

Oh, okay, haha. It sounded a little like you were hoping for its failure. I probably just read your post wrong. I think the streaming numbers for Twin Peaks could be interesting to see. Once word got out that the third and fourth were going to be up there, maybe a good chunk of the audience ended up watching all four that way!

Busty

Banned
About 500k and a 0.2 for Twin Peaks. Seems kinda low, but will get a big time shifted boost. Details at the usual spots but I don't have time to link on my phone.

Yikes. That is low. I had a feeling that a lot of those who were excited for the show weren't actually familiar with it or Lynch's own specific brand of surrealist storytelling. I can only imagine where it goes from here.

I know this is your gimmick and you should be ignored, but do you not understand how subscription TV works at all? Literally a couple of posts before yours they say this was their biggest weekend for signups ever.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
How were the ratings for the syfy 3 - night season event ?

Code:
[b]Friday[/b]
Rank 	Show 	 	 	 	Time 	 	Length 	Rating 	Viewers in thousands
67 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 	 	8:00 PM 	45 	 0.16 	585
90 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 	 	8:45 PM 	45 	 0.12 	399
94 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 	 	9:30 PM 	45 	 0.11 	374
104 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 	 	10:15 PM 	45 	 0.09 	324

[b]Saturday[/b]
107 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 		8:00 PM 	60 	 0.10 	397
134 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 		9:00 PM 	61 	 0.07 	315
137 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 		10:01 PM 	59 	 0.07 	313

[b]Sunday[/b]
123 	12 MONKEYS 	SYFY 		8:00 PM 	59 	 0.08 	278
(9 p.m. and 10 p.m. episodes were not ranked in the top 150 cable shows that night; the 150th-ranked show got a 0.06 and 209,000 viewers)

In a word? Dire. For reference, last season, 12 Monkeys premiered at 0.14 and had a 0.12 finale.

Zoe

In a word? Dire. For reference, last season, 12 Monkeys premiered at 0.14 and had a 0.12 finale.

That's really a shame because this season was great, and the broadcast format was perfect for it.

Thankfully we're getting S4 no matter what.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I know this is your gimmick and you should be ignored, but do you not understand how subscription TV works at all? Literally a couple of posts before yours they say this was their biggest weekend for signups ever.

When he's not saying something sucks, he's posting bad analysis. lol

Quantico s2 ending could have been a good series ending...I dont know what they will do for s3 with that.

I hope S3 keeps Will, he's as hot as Caleb.

Like how will Alex x Ryan get back to USA if their on the run, and Shelby is head of Quantico, what? I hope she brought back Caleb

Oh all of ABCs Summer Fun & Games shows look atrocious, I feel bad for Steve Harvey that he has to be involved with one of them.

Still Star Crossed looked kind of compelling but...I need a bit more action and suspense in modern times. I dont think Ive ever watched a show that took place in a fantasy setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom